What is the best sitting position?

FoxxieFox

Apprentice Wizard
I was sitting down in my chair today and can't figure out how to get comfortable.

What is the best way to sit down without hurting 5 hours later?

Daitengu

I move around in my chair. From proper sitting, cross legged, reclined with legs up, etc. Staying in one position too long is painful for a reason. It cuts off blood circulation, and puts pressure on joints. Just move around, there is no such thing as one position you can keep for long durations.

Cossimeri

Purveyor of Yuri Adventures
Honestly. You’ll need a new chair.

chairs are rated for how many hours you should be able to sit in them comfortably. If you want to sit in it for 5 hours straight, you need a 5+ hour rated chair.

CrusadeAgainstFurries

Supreme meme-lord
This one

43534253.jpg

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I move around in my chair. From proper sitting, cross legged, reclined with legs up, etc. Staying in one position too long is painful for a reason. It cuts off blood circulation, and puts pressure on joints. Just move around, there is no such thing as one position you can keep for long durations.
Exactly!

I'd like to add that I participated in a virtual back pain class my doctor referred me to when I had sciatica during pregnancy. They said that the best posture is your next one. Five hours is too long to sit in one position.
That said, if you do sit. I suggest a lap kitty accessory.
My lap accessory is a baby on top of two pillows and a towel in case he poops and the diaper leaks.

Sylvie

Those days are gone, now the memory's on the wall
There is none. Standing desk is the way to go.

That said, if you do sit. I suggest a lap kitty accessory.
But both of them are contradictory!