What is your greatest regret (so far)?

0xReki

The student representation in my department was in shambles at some point and we had to rebuild almost from nothing. This is a story from the time before we reached our next high. At that point, we had exactly one tenured professor who would match a certain title of theirs, let's call them PROFESSOR. They weren't likable and they didn't have any interest in teaching any beginner lectures — which they have to. The department keeps a record of who taught what class when.

That year it was evident, that PROFESSOR were overdue with their beginner classes. Again. Part of it because of the previous student presentation blocking it. But we were rebuilding the student representation we also managed to boot out the most senior student member from the study board some year prior (bad idea) making me the most senior student member. We, the student representation, weren't adamant enough to block the decision to not have PROFESSOR teach a beginner class. The professors on the board convinced us bad at teaching is no excuse not to do beginner classes. And that the fallout of having them teach will be addressed.

It happened as predicted. For some reason, bad profs always have this habit of not sticking to an agreed curriculum. PROFESSOR did not stick to the new curriculum. Any time there was some programming of some kind involved they would have their graduate TA do it instead. Students barely learned from the lectures. Those that were taking undergraduate TA positions knew exactly it'll be a hard semester. Some took exactly the undergrad TA position of that lecture to lessen the fallout that would inadvertently follow. But still, a more than the usual number of students failed their exams. While there as a plan by the teaching board to deal with that, it only helped those that didn't give up from that terrible experience.

All because I couldn't get the student representation back to running fast enough.

Last edited:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
i was gonna shitpost but instead im fearing for my future

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
The student representation in my department was in shambles at some point and we had to rebuild almost from nothing. This is a story from the time before we reached our next high. At that point, we had exactly one tenured professor who would match a certain title of theirs, let's call them PROFESSOR. They weren't likable and they didn't have any interest in teaching any beginner lectures — which they have to. The department keeps a record of who taught what class when.

That year it was evident, that PROFESSOR were overdue with their beginner classes. Again. Part of it because of the previous student presentation blocking it. But we were rebuilding the student representation we also managed to boot out the most senior student member from the study board some year prior making me the most senior student member. We, the student representation, weren't adamant enough to block the decision to not have PROFESSOR teach a beginner class. The professors on the board convinced us bad at teaching is no excuse not to do beginner classes. And that the fallout of having them teach will be addressed.

It happened as predicted. For some reason, bad profs always have this habit of not sticking to an agreed curriculum. PROFESSOR did not stick to the new curriculum. Any time there was some programming of some kind involved they would have their graduate TA do it instead. Students barely learned from the lectures. Those that were taking undergraduate TA positions knew exactly it'll be a hard semester. Some took exactly the undergrad TA position of that lecture to lessen the fallout that would inadvertently follow. But still, a more than the usual number of students failed their exams. While there as a plan by the teaching board to deal with that, it only helped those that didn't give up from that terrible experience.

All because I couldn't get the student representation back to running fast enough.
I regret animals love me so much for no apparent reason. Went to my cousin's house years back and her dog AND cat just moved from her to me without a single prompting. Her face was pure betrayal and devastation. Im sorry im such a sinful man :blob_no:

TLCsDestiny

Saying I was busy and didn't talk to someone. I was on the computer just playing a game and next thing I know...the person I didn't speak to...Was gone.
I don't like to regret, but if there is something i do regret...it's that.
What if I had answered? Would that person still be alive?

Vladarius

Tis but a scratch. Tis but a flesh wound.
looking trough the window of my classroom and daydreaming instead of working hard and getting into a good high school and uni. i cant call this the biggest regret, my biggest regret is that i took life too leisurely and been punished with a lazy attitude towards anything i do which means studying and shit.

Luosiuwu

Growing up too fast, now the light I saw in the world is dim because I decided it was better to see it the way adults do. Worst mistake of my life, but! What happens, happens. :3

Friend

... well am I? or not?
... well okay so I promised I wouldn't be admitting anything so personal, because of the fear of some of you betraying this little bit of trust. But after @TLCsDestiny could admit that ... then I think I can admit this....

My mother passed away recently. I didn't go to the hospital to be there in her final moments, because all along I thought, she'll get better, she'll be home before I know it, and I don't like seeing loved ones in pain anyway so why go at all-

... oh how wrong I was. I hate myself (just a little bit), for assuming something outside of my control. But I also realize it was outside of my control, and I'm just as frustrated thinking I should do something dammit, about my various past or present issues. I also realize too, I cannot do it alone. Now I'm only missing my mother who I thought of as almost a 'best friend' kind of connect, and not having her to talk to about it. Well I do have my faith, my beliefs, that I'll see her again some day ... but is that enough. I do not know. Yeah -- that's the biggest regret right now.

I also from it, have this intense hatred of the whole medical/pharmaceutical "stacked deck" of industries. It's them who got her hooked on the prescription pain pills and treatments and things she probably never would have needed if it were not for their greed.

Anyway. There ya go. Either betray me or befriend me if you must; I'm done talking.

TLCsDestiny

At the end of the day, sorry if I sound apathetic here, it's all experience. The feeling of regret can make someone understand more of making the best of things. I'm more careful now and you maybe also but we all make mistakes and have to live with them.
Their really is no medicine for it...yet it is something everyone probably goes through.

Mangodrop

As of now? The thing I regret the most is not bgging my dad to get checked out at a hospital when I was middle school. Roughly a little less then a year and a few months we found out he had stage three lung cancer. My brothers were requesting to drop their classes for the semester to take care of pops and I was in highschool in pre-IB. My parents fly to Houston, his body reactants badly to the treatment and his organs start shutting down, blah blah sad stuff and next thing u know, about two months down the line, he's dead. Thing is, there weren't a lot of signs that he had cancer but they were there. He had these random pains when I was in eighth grade and my mom asked him to see a doctor. He refused because he didn't think it was a big deal, but I know, for a fact, if his little girl had asked him to get checked out he would have. My family's falling apart now because us siblings didn't have good relationships before, much less now and my mom is running herself ragged trying to take care of my dads considerably large business, the finances of the house(my dad handled all of them before so she had to learn from scratch), while continuing her job at the hospital as a doctor and a founding member/co-owner of a pathologist board. Not to mention hospitals and funerals are kinda expensive.

Friend

... well am I? or not?
As of now? The thing I regret the most is not bgging my dad to get checked out at a hospital when I was middle school. Roughly a little less then a year and a few months we found out he had stage three lung cancer. My brothers were requesting to drop their classes for the semester to take care of pops and I was in highschool in pre-IB. My parents fly to Houston, his body reactants badly to the treatment and his organs start shutting down, blah blah sad stuff and next thing u know, about two months down the line, he's dead. Thing is, there weren't a lot of signs that he had cancer but they were there. He had these random pains when I was in eighth grade and my mom asked him to see a doctor. He refused because he didn't think it was a big deal, but I know, for a fact, if his little girl had asked him to get checked out he would have. My family's falling apart now because us siblings didn't have good relationships before, much less now and my mom is running herself ragged trying to take care of my dads considerably large business, the finances of the house(my dad handled all of them before so she had to learn from scratch), while continuing her job at the hospital as a doctor and a founding member/co-owner of a pathologist board. Not to mention hospitals and funerals are kinda expensive.
I have empathy for you ... wish I could add more, but I hope what little voice I have can help somehow.