What is your opinion of 10k word days?

What is your opinion of 10k word days? (Rate from 1 (I don't like) to 5 (I like), please)

• Total voters

doravg

106/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
I did one yesterday, and I don't know how to feel. I guess I just want to know if it is normal, that I don't want to do another 10k day, ever. Which is strange because when I was writing Breaking the Mold I pulled even 15k word days, day after day, and now I feel like a zombie after a 12k word day.

Guess I am not as young as I used to be. But then again, the 30s are knocking at my door.

doravg

10/10 Wouldn't do it again. At most I'd do 3k-4k words nowadays.
Yeah, I tried to write just 2k words per day, but I haven't started my new job yet, and my nerves and the fact that I had pizza spurred me to do a 10k day. Totally won't do it again.

doravg

The highest I have reached is 3k. I felt completely drained and devoid of mental energy.
Do you type fast? It is still pulp speed, so heads up!
Err, are they special, or what? I'm not being sarcastic, I don't understand.
Well, it is hard to do them every day, I think. But there are people with special powers who can, I guess.
Being able to write 10K is an achievement. You must be proud of that, okay?

Not many of us have reached that milestone.

Refer to my comments if you could.
Yes, but are they good, if they leave you drained?

DannyTheDaikon

| Azure tamer | Harbinger of chaos and soup
Until I can have my own office where I can lock myself for entire day without being interrupted every 5 min, 5k on best days is the most I can do. 10k would be a perfect amount, but for now it's an unachievable dream

H0LL0W

I have multiple times done 10K days and I like it because I can
1. work on multiple projects
I write 10k a day, finish 20 chapters in about a few days, slowly edit them over time. Another story I can write slowly at the same time. Then when the first project is fully edited I can release 20 chapters, one a day, and start all over.
I usually don't hit the 10K a day but it still makes this method for doing multiple projects easier.
2. Sometimes 10k a day is the one day a week I have free
3. Sometimes if I don't type it now I'll forget it.

But I also hate the idea of 10K a day because eventually I will get burnout.
Quantity doesn't equal quality and editing is always important.