What media inspired your work?

sleepykuya

For me, for my series The Heart Dove, I was heavily inspired by mythology and folklore found in the Philippines. But, when I was writing it, I had a fixation on the manga/anime series Vinland Saga. I absolutely adored Thorfinn's character and his development, and I wanted to see what I could do with a character who lost the life they once had and have this goal that they'd die for in order to achieve. Like Thorfinn and Askeladd, I really wanted to explore a family dynamic between two characters who are forced to spend time with one another but absolutely can't stand each other.

Please tell me about the media that helped inspire your works!

Last edited:

J_Chemist

Oh, you know. Just a lil song.

My main book, The Blessed Child, was inspired by the lackluster fictions I read up to the point where I started it. Add in my roleplays at the time and I decided to make my own magical adventure. The book Three provided a basis for the type of character I wanted, my love for fantasy provided the world, and my disdain for the normal themes of "monsters" made me decide to flip the script and throw all tropes out the window.

sleepykuya

Mine was inspired by a dream, plus some Linkin Park songs during my edgy years.
The story has changed shape a lot from its origin. Still working on it.
Mine was also partially inspired by a dream, lol. Also some anime openings that I had on blast...though, I imagine Linkin Park would be perfect for my edgy characters 🤔
I saw a large muscular woman holding an axe
That'll do it :sneaky:

Rhaps

Master of Nightmare
I've been doing dnd campaigns for a while, and still do. I just love creating stories and fleshing them out, nothing feels better than writing a character and complete them, even if some will only have one line of dialogue.

CubicleHermit

The explicit influences are a little bit of Toradora, Persona 4, The Gondoliers (yes, the Gilbert and Sullivan one), the Ethshar novels, and a mishmash of 1980s RPG-spinoff portal fantasies and novels. There are also a lot of other littler references, some of which I'm undecided if I'll remove or not if I ever do a full rewrite.

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
Everything. Though World Keeper here on Scribblehub is what got my imagination running off to the point I decided to start writing. Now if only I were consistent at writing pace. As for the main influences, definitely isekai, probably some Dungeon Core stuff.

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
For me, for my series The Heart Dove, I was heavily inspired by mythology and folklore found in the Philippines. But, when I was writing it, I had a fixation on the manga/anime series Vinland Saga. I absolutely adored Thorfinn's character and his development, and I wanted to see what I could do with a character who lost the life they once had and have this goal that they'd die in order to achieve. Like Thorfinn and Askeladd, I really wanted to explore a family dynamic between two characters who are forced to spend time with one another but absolutely can't stand each other.

Please tell me about the media that helped inspire your works!
For my main fiction "Charisma," it was inspired by:
my favorite author, Richard Roberts, whose fictions had an indelible impact on me.
Danganronpa franchises V1-V3 (specifically volume 3)
Thousands of songs.
Chrysalis
Nowhere Stars
Magical Girl Gunslinger
Naruto fanfictions (not the anime nor the manga)
The AI art produced for me by @RepresentingEnvy , @Midnight-Phantom , and others on Scribble Hub, as well as the AI art produced by the author of "If Immortal Ascension Fails Time Travel to Try Again."
Level Up or Die (which is the first LitRPG I ever read)
And far, far more influenced the creation of my story.

DJ_Rhaposdy

The media I'm inspired by depends on the certain vibe I'm going for. The two stories I posted on Scribblehub were inspired by different anime genres, Magical Girl and Isekai. But I have other stories inspired by Western fantasy, news articles, songs, etc. It all depends on I feel I can tell a compelling story with even more compelling character.

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
The media I'm inspired by depends on the certain vibe I'm going for. The two stories I posted on Scribblehub were inspired by different anime genres, Magical Girl and Isekai. But I have other stories inspired by Western fantasy, news articles, songs, etc. It all depends on I feel I can tell a compelling story with even more compelling character.
A fellow creator of a story inspired by the Magical Girls genre!