What type of synopsis do you like? and how should authors construct their synopsis?

TheUnsuspicious

as the title said, what kind of synopsis is considered ideal? and will most probably attract your attention to click that first chapter?

to help you, here is some of my question

1. should it be short or long? is 300 - 400 words considered too long for you? is there a limit?
2. what should the synopsis showcase? the plot? the cool stuff? the comedy? the characters? the world building? what do you considered a must to be shown in the synopsis?
3. is synopsis matter more than reviews or the other way around? or is it actually a blend of the 2?
4. does tags help you in anyway?

if you know any synopsis that really caught your attention, it would be great if you can share it to me.

(and yes, im an author thats why im asking this stuff. im trying to create the best honeytrap to everyone who came to my novel's home page :D)

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
as the title said, what kind of synopsis is considered ideal? and will most probably attract your attention to click that first chapter?

to help you, here is some of my question

1. should it be short or long? is 300 - 400 words considered too long for you? is there a limit?
2. what should the synopsis showcase? the plot? the cool stuff? the comedy? the characters? the world building? what do you considered a must to be shown in the synopsis?
3. is synopsis matter more than reviews or the other way around? or is it actually a blend of the 2?
4. does tags help you in anyway?

if you know any synopsis that really caught your attention, it would be great if you can share it to me.

(and yes, im an author thats why im asking this stuff. im trying to create the best honeytrap to everyone who came to my novel's home page :D)
Pretty sure there isn’t a limit
Just show the plot, and a bit of cool stuff
Synopsis matter more than reviews
Tags do help a lot

Le_ther

Most sypnosis that are interesting and doesn't end in any "What does [insert character name] awaits for him."

I prefer sypnosis that are direct or summarized of the first 3 chapters than making the readers to forcefully try the story first

Syringe

Bluetooth 7 Enabled Holy Blade w/ Red Dot Sight
200 - 400 is fine. I'm a firm believer that a major hook should be added in the synopsis, especially if it's coming up in the immediate future. It gives the reader an idea of what to expect in the story, so they'll hopefully stick around up to that part at least.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I always recommend including a question or three to entice the reader.

K_Jira

It should be concise but interesting. For me, 500 words is already too long except if they got broken down into short paragraphs.

The main character is preferably told in the synopsis. Overall plot without getting too much into details as well. You can hint on your main genre in the synopsis like romance, comedy, fantasy, etc. I'm not so sure about action though.

Synopsis matters more than review since reviews are the readers' personal opinion. You can kind of imagine how the story will be from how the author write the synopsis after all.

Personally, tags are kind of important to me (as a reader). I look at it to see if there's anything i like or don't like in a story.
As a writer, they both attract and warn readers, so yeah... it's pretty important.

lambenttyto

A synopsis tells the whole story in summery, giving away the details. It's not a synopsis. It's a blurb, I think you mean. It's different every time. Sometimes it's a sentence long, other times its four or five pragraphs. Some of mine even have dialogue.

Oreo

Simple is marvelous. Don't put your entire first chapter as your synopsis.