What was your first OC for a story?

• Thread starter Deleted member 156316
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 156316

I remember mine was a complete accident 😂

Supposed to be drawing an Eevee for my friend who is a Pokemon fan but I used the wrong color (blue instead of brown) and gave them a red bandana.

Now they're my OC hahaha

LuoirM

Voidiris' enthusiast feet enjoyer.
My first ever story, in Vietnamese. None of the character has name, they were in a death game and were assigned nickname based on the alphabet, the first character, the supposed MC, was the 18th player and got U, his name was Ưng, which roughly translate to Eagle

LuoirM

Voidiris' enthusiast feet enjoyer.
Mispronounced U'ng as "U-ing"
Get your lower jaw out like an Middle Earth Orc and do a Shaman Orc chant ungggggggggg with ur throat, it's one word

that's the best way I can describe pronouncing this word heeh
My first ever story, in Vietnamese. None of the character has name, they were in a death game and were assigned nickname based on the alphabet, the first character, the supposed MC, was the 18th player and got U, his name was Ưng, which roughly translate to Eagle
Anw, the first chapter 1st POV he entered the game by accident, wandering meeting everyone and learning the rules of the game with the readers

End of the chapter he's dead, I switch to 3rd POV

My proudest moment yet.

Dieter

the Writer
I think it was either an immortal primordial in the body of a human woman who rules the world, or a powerfantasy mc w a tragic backstory that involved him killing his whole family then being locked up in prison then sent out in exile to die by monsters.

ACertainPassingUser

My first oc is based on a shitty copy of a another story protagonist. But it was perfectly understandable since i was just another kid being influenced by other media back in the day.

Then i consume other medias including the depressing titles, then my viewpoint grow and changed drastically due to their depressing storylines.

Not to mention, im no longer interested in making OC based on medias i used to consume, as they're now considered cliched, boring, and predictable decades after airing.

Nowadays, i still cringe heavily on those shitty stories i used to make.

Last edited:

Vnator

If you want to go really far back, I mean like 18 years ago, then I once wrote a story that was essentially my take on the anime "MAR" but better with its own original cast and plot. The main character was pretty generic but I was like 12 at the time, so I didn't really know how to write a deep and nuanced character. Also I only wrote two or three chapters of it before getting bored, but I'm certain that it was at least pretty alright. Even more so in terms of fan fiction!

But hold on, with everything stripped away besides the premise of a kid from Earth ending up in a fantasy world... OH GOD I've been writing Isekai before most of you people were born, what the fuck?! I don't know whether to feel feel horrified or proud of being fucking prophetic.

Hans.Trondheim

Mr Negative | Avoid at all cost
My left arm! It's overflowing with the power of darkness!
I'm a method writer, see? So I embody my character...

Now, imagine. That character is a prince of an intergalactic empire, heading a small band of edgy warriors called the "Galaxy Fighters".

Now picture me in my younger teener years, thinking that I was some prince of an intergalactic empire and recruiting a few of my classmates as my fellow fighters...

Cringe.

TotallyHuman

I'm a method writer, see? So I embody my character...

Now, imagine. That character is a prince of an intergalactic empire, heading a small band of edgy warriors called the "Galaxy Fighters".

Now picture me in my younger teener years, thinking that I was some prince of an intergalactic empire and recruiting a few of my classmates as my fellow fighters...

Cringe.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
I don't know which came first since the files only say when they were last updated, not when they were originally made.
There's a knock-off version of Alice from the Resident Evil 3 movie. Specifically because I really liked the idea of a clone army. I was terribly disappointed when they all died in the first scene in the next movie.

There's also two that I don't fully recall who they are. Both pretty-sneaky-she-elfs. One was based on a song though.

Then there's the only named one, Lucia. A knock off Ghost from Starcraft, but not in the Starcraft universe. I was trying to use dice to make a 'fair' story. I wasn't actually displeased with it, really.

There's also an infested Terran and a Terran marine that were set in Starcraft. Those ones would be my most likely candidate for the 'first', except that I feel like kid-me wouldn't have been creative enough to make genuinely original characters.

Last is my 'real' first OC. The shapeshifter. I'm fairly confident that others came first, but it's an Original Setting and an Original Character.

ACertainPassingUser

You can do that on Helldivers 2 nowadays.

Altough you can't be a prince,
Join the fight of Super Earth and recruit your frienss as fellow fighter to spread managed democracy on the galaxy.

Hans.Trondheim

Mr Negative | Avoid at all cost
You can do that on Helldivers 2 nowadays.

Altough you can't be a prince,
Join the fight of Super Earth and recruit your frienss as fellow fighter to spread managed democracy on the galaxy.
That's a game.

Mine's in my daily life. Am I crazy? You don't need to ask. :blobrofl::blobrofl:

Katsurandom

Alexanders Saintsworth.

The scion of the Saintsworths Conglomerate, professional asshole. And the dude that most of my readers complained cuzbhe took too much screentime for a side character.

Yew, my first OC wasn't the main character of the story I wrote. He WAS supposed to be a nice wink to my first story.

He didn't settled for that tho.

Praybird

The only warden of a facility that kept world-ending monsters sealed in their respective zones. He later summoned randos from other worlds to deal with the monsters so he could quit his job.

Huh, now that I mention it, I used to write isekai tropes before I knew what isekai was... :blob_hmm:

l8rose

Perpetually Positively Pondering
The earliest one I can remember was one I wrote for a Dragonriders of Pern rp/fanfiction.

She was a partially blind teenager who ended up impressing a Gold Dragon (which wouldn't happen cause of book logic). Her eyesight problem was probably the only trait I gave the character because I had to be different. I used her again years later as a backstory for another group in the same world but killed her off in equally lame fashion.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
Screenshot_20240329_095259_Instagram.jpg

This was my first oc. I think he had a story but I don't remember it. This is him drawn in the onepiece artstyle by an artist who art traded with me 10 years ago. (I was a kid and my art sucked, so I don't know why they made me this awesome piece)