What would be the lives of people without scarcity?

SailusGebel

Unless you have money. Then you can use all these wonders. The thing is, that we live in an era where we have a lot more than, let us say, the people from 100 years ago.

Yet, there are still poor people and world hunger. Greed is the real master of our planet.
Yes.

TremendousHuman

Actual reason behind demographic problems
Under communism? We could live with today's resources like that already. Under capitalism? Impossible. Any other way? Only fallout scenarios

SailusGebel

Under communism? We could live with today's resources like that already. Under capitalism? Impossible. Any other way? Only fallout scenarios

TremendousHuman

☹️
You are laughing now but I pity you because you're from what used to be the heart of the Soviet Union and it's just sad to see what has become- ah, forget it.
Communism only works if people aren't fucked up and retarded.
NEWFLASH: Everyone is fucked up and retarded
I'm not even going to argue. It's not like it is an argument that has been put in front of marxists since the moment the ideology and theory were born or anything.

owotrucked

Chronic lecher masquerading as a writer
For this answer, I'll assume that the world's resources are so abundant that even the greediest human can not possibly monopolize it and deprive it from others.

According to Maslow's theory, humanity would seek lower priority needs like self realization and love, aka clout.

In other words, we turn into twitter keyboard warriors. And possibly try to kill each others for ideas and fun, rather than resources.

Before finding meaning, one has to exist, and the latter stops being a problem thanks to abundance. But if one loses hope in forging meaning, then they might end themselves.

Can't imagine that
*Nods* well said, not surprising really.

Some people have aphantasia and can't visualize and imagine.

Being author or participating in the author subforum may be hard for a person with no imagination, but one can always be a reader, since they have no imagination, and let others imagine for them.

I mean thats why some people cant grown as a writer, because they have no imagination.

And that why alot of works are just clones of other works, because the writer have no imagination.

Also why lots of people get fixated in one world view, a status quo, because they have no imagination.

Which is normal I think. For most people, they have no imagination.

Last edited:

TremendousHuman

Being author or participating in the author subforum may be hard for a person with no imagination, but one can always be a reader, since they have no imagination, and let others imagine for them.

I mean thats why some people cant grown as a writer, because they have no imagination.

And that why alot of works are just clones of other works, because the writer have no imagination.

Also why lots of people get fixating in ine world view, a status quo, because they have no imagination.

I know you're trying to be funny or something but that's not how aphtanasia works.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!

Also why lots of people get fixating in ine world view, a status quo, because they have no imagination.

I am only imagination. What's the opposite of aphtanasia?

I am only imagination. What's the opposite of aphtanasia?
Hyperphantasia is the condition of having extremely vivid mental imagery. It is the opposite condition to aphantasia, where mental visual imagery is not present. The experience of hyperphantasia is more common than aphantasia and has been described as being "as vivid as real seeing".

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Imagine a world where humanity finally solved the problem of resource scarcity.
The advancement of technology allows them to fully harvest energy from massively powerful fusion reactors, and their mass fabricator allows them to create matter from energy. Resource would be allocated based on desire instead of need. Their nano technology allows the manipulation of matter as large as high-rising residential buildings to fixing genetic inconveniences. Their space stations or terraformed colonies dotted the galaxies. How would common people in that world live?

In such a world, the only thing that is scarce would be one's lifespan (or not depending on your head-canon). So how would a life carries out in such environment? Without desire, without need, how can a human live to fulfillment?
We are already experiencing that rn. Humans will just be depressed after conquering the external, become degenerate, shit burns, they rebuild and will ultimately have to conquer the self.