What would you do with this power?

WaterFish

Imagine you had ‘Insect Mimicry’. This allows you to copy an ability (but not the appearance) of two bugs. For example: If you mimic a mantis, you will somehow had blades on your arms, but not the exact mantis sickles of the insect itself.

Which two insects would you choose to mimic and how would you use those abilities?

doravg

105/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
That is so interesting. I would like to have armor like a beetle. So I can survive a fall from a high place.

MasFaqih

Imagine you had ‘Insect Mimicry’. This allows you to copy an ability (but not the appearance) of two bugs. For example: If you mimic a mantis, you will somehow had blades on your arms, but not the exact mantis sickles of the insect itself.

Which two insects would you choose to mimic and how would you use those abilities?
If it about insect then poison ants is great ,i mean their sensory ablity is top notch in the world of ant

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Strength of a horned dung beetle speed of an Australian tiger beetle.

Iamnotabot

Bot of [PAUL]

ant's strength + dragonfly's speed. Basicly i'll be moving like the flash.

SailusGebel

Oh wait, I forgot the insects. Since I will fight cockroaches, probably emerald cockroach wasp and the second one I don't know. I don't really need killing power, I need tenacity and\or speed. Dung beetle or dragonfly.

Zagaroth

Dragonfly for flight.
Ironclad Bettle for durability.

This is a superpower, so these normally incompatible structures should work anyway.

No particular use other than general utility; flying is a great superpower and it would be nice to be really tough if anything happens like an accident.

Sola-sama

Retired Old Man
Queen Bee or Queen Ant, because I want to be taken care off while laying eggs and tell my slaves to do my bidding.

dummycake

Already daydreamed about this interaction
A butterfly's gynandromorphism

and the venom from the strongest scorpion in Australia or something.

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…

The jumping/survivability ability of fleas, and hover flies. Able to jump ~200 meters and hover in place, while not dying/making an impact if I fall.

J_Chemist

I will be a "firefly" and "Live, Love & Die" in a minute.

Also, @RepresentingEnvy, I know you are going to have the powers of a mosquito. Don't even try to say anything else.
Nah, she'd be a Tick. While mosquitos are a pain in everyone's ass, they at least leave you alone after they get their fill. The Tick is more resilient once it bites you because it hangs around, fattens itself up off your blood, and it's even more obnoxious to get rid of. Hell, if you yank it off wrong you might just fuck yourself and it'll just grow back because you didn't get the head.

Clingy lil' shits.