What's in your bug out bag?

Spica66

Imagine that you have a 40 liter bug out backpack. Yes, there are 60 liters and 80 liters too, but those are extremely heavy and unfair for the average city girl. 40 liters backpack is not too small, and not too big, and people from 12 years old to 60 years old can carry without much strain.

Now that you've imagined that, let's imagine the contents. If you have prior knowledge or foresight that shit is about to hit the fan and you anticipate having to run away carrying only what you have in your bag, what would you put inside?

Please don't say you're gonna be carrying a loli or similar inside it. You're gonna have to eat what you carry.
PC shits.

High-in-the-skys

Awkward member
Assuming I can always find a source of running water . . .
Make it metal. Who knows when one will use it to cook. Although I haven't seen a metal one except in some remote places where it's old to the point it's an antique, it's normally made it in plastic so it's not tough. Also put a strap on it so one could wear it like crazy dave in pvz. Oh and might as well add in a turret mount for a stun gun with laser attachment for protection. And as final touch, add in a V16 engine and wheels with suspension so someone could ride it.

Jokes aside, don't buy or use all-in-one multi-tool (shovel, axe, flashlight and etc. in one tool) and anything you think is a scam atleast use something as decent as an entrenching tool where it have a history of being used. For multi-tool get something like leatherman or swiss knife. Also don't forget to add sewing kit and duct tape. Flashlight are pretty advance these days so one could find a cheap version with laser, light and bluelight ability. And condoms, yes i'm referring to that, the unpowdered or no chemical added can be used as impromptu container.

For food, get something like pickles. Wait no, I hate cucumber, so I suggest get something like atchara or kimchi. Also add condiments, who knows when you want to make your cracker taste good.

Businesssn

Brick-San the god of wholesome hentai
Fire starter x3, Atleast 2 knifes, blade sharpener, those fancy heat blankets, water proof matches x3, Hatchet, sling x2, water reusable purifier, A good water bottle, and some food if I have any more room
I was gonna say guns, cuz I want to steal from others and Purge really inspire me. Though on second thought, I will be the idiot who dies first and ends up arming either the main cast or the villains.

MREs I guess.
I’m fucking go to the forest.

Also a few survival books, and throw some extra stuff in my pockets. . . Like more books on survival.

Slings op

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 49654

Imagine that you have a 40 liter bug out backpack. Yes, there are 60 liters and 80 liters too, but those are extremely heavy and unfair for the average city girl. 40 liters backpack is not too small, and not too big, and people from 12 years old to 60 years old can carry without much strain.

Now that you've imagined that, let's imagine the contents. If you have prior knowledge or foresight that shit is about to hit the fan and you anticipate having to run away carrying only what you have in your bag, what would you put inside?

Please don't say you're gonna be carrying a loli or similar inside it. You're gonna have to eat what you carry.
The setting is not clear enough. Is it a post-apocalyptic survival or crime escape setting?

For the first case, one doesn't need to worry about blending into society, so documents and money are useless. I would take: a few bottles of fresh-water; dry or canned food; medical supplies (anti-inflammation medicine, antibiotics, cotton and bandage, some surgical supplies like a scalpel, med needles, and thread); something to light a fire; two knives (one as a weapon and one as a working tool); a blanket; a rope and a piece of glass; a paper map and a compass (as the phone won't be useful for a long time, of course, if I have a solar charger I'd take the phone and would download a lot of survival apps - edible and poisonous plants, types of knots, etc.). I think the bag won't be able to fit much more. Anyway, it now contains initial supplies and tools for survival and food procurement outside of a city. The initial chaos in the cities will be nasty, so it isn't a bad idea to retreat to a mountain for a while. Of course, it depends on the cause of the apocalypse. Clothes are essential, but you can wear light clothing under a set of heavy/warm clothes. A pair of sunglasses will be useful if you expect a snowy environment to protect your eyes.
PS: A pair of spare boots and socks will be needed as well. You can expect at some point in time to get your feet wet, and keeping them dry and warm, is very important for the temp regulation of the whole organism.
PS 2: Seriously, I'd get some charcoal or a bottle of potassium permanganate as well. You can use it to disinfect wounds or water.

In the second case, I'd probably try to get money and valuables and something to hide my identity. The capital will be helpful for bribery or to get fake identity documentation. Travelling as light as possible is crucial as well. Going around with a heavy bag will be suspicious and will slow you down.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 20302

Another bag, which would contain another one.... and another one.....
You saying this reminds me of a story between a husband and a wife fighting about their domestic affairs. But since this is completely unrelated. I reserved that story for another time.

Meanwhile, I don't know what to put in. Never prepared for emergencies.