What's the biggest lie you were told?

Redemit

Hold up!
One question. Why would she lie about it? Maybe it wasn't a lie from her perspective? Was it just a personal quirk that she always used margarine and never liked butter?
I'm just curious.:blob_hmm_two:
Yeah it wasn't a lie she just never put much thought into it and called them the same thing she personally prefers margarine as that's what she also grew up using mostly
I just like to give her a hard time about it because I didn't know they were different and she taught me how to cook but never bothered to tell me they weren't the same
we joke with each other all the time like that sometimes she says or does something silly and I say to her "you stupid woman" in a silly French accent quoting an old TV show we watched together and she responds with "you stupid boy"

Last edited:

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
You can’t be elden ring in a minute. Biggest lie I’ve ever heard.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I don't think my family ever really told me a lie that I believed for long. We didn't do anything related to Santa or the Easter bunny so there was nothing like that. We were really poor so my family would tell us our budget for each month and if we didn't budget everything out properly my brother and I would trap small animals and gather whatever edible plants we could find near our house to eat. On more than one occasion we would skip meals so that we could eat later. Everything in our family was transparent. Accept for turning on the light while my parents were driving. They told us that It was illegal.

Florestes

A shard of time embraced by darkness.
"Resolving to use violence against violence is wrong." :blob_catflip:
It can easily be a lie in certain circumstances. In general I would say that you simply didn't use enough violence! An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth!
I'm pretty sure that there are a greater number of decent people overall, so the math should work out as a net profit for humanity.:blob_highfive:

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Anything is fine, be it small or big, personal or just a general fact.

Even something as insignificant as the damn label saying that its chocolate chip cookies, but it's NOT! God damn raisins! Public whipping is an appropriate punishment for such a mistake!:blobspearpeek:
“Liberty is the highest good”

Redemit

Oh here's a good one that thankfully nobody ever tried to tell me "follow your heart and do whatever makes you happy and you'll never go wrong" worst advice EVER

Florestes

A shard of time embraced by darkness.
"The water is shallow." Tells a father to his young son, before yeeting him out of the boat into the cold water in an attempt to teach him how to swim.
Once the boy's feet touch the sandy seafloor, he doesn't think: "Heh~ that statement would have been true if I were another 30 cm taller. Unfortunately I'm completely submerged." No, he is thinking something along the lines of "AAASAAHHHAH HHHUP AAAAaaaaAaaaaAaAAAAAAAA!!"

D

Deleted member 22388

I can't think of much but there is one thing that will be ingrain within me, there is more million(billion) lies against Islam, be it from the start(Adam and Hawa(Eve)) until the end(End of the world). The world is but a playground to test whether you got it or no. Why million lies well... it has real facts/evidence strong history and there is a lot of corrupted people(enemies) nowadays showing their colour, those that are doing justice are beginning to reduce like that of a good cop and more on bad cop.. fortunately the truth outshines the lie 'All The Time'. An example are debates, in which you find muslims won most of the time while the other kept outside the topic, twisting their words, or anything in general to change the mind of a society except some who are truthfull and understanding. Hoho, its amusing to me they lie in changing the topic or use some tactics that are hard to see except someone who has strong sense but really it doesn't benefit me much, so I just stay away from them. Have a good day/night.