What's Your Most Ambitious Story Concept?

MajorKerina

And how do you want it to play out?

------

I have several. I have an idea for a fallen royal named Clavis Trine from a sci-fantasy world, with traversible wormholes called "rackereys", where the matriachial ruling class have subjugated the species who once ruled the planet. Clavis greviously wounds her hands in an accident and runs far away to an island to recover. Soon she finds she has psychic powers, something her society fears for reasons that wind up like the more messed up stuff in Shin Sekaiyori. It's ambitious because I've never made a complete fantasy world from scratch.

I had an idea for a series where each book references a color of the rainbow. And lots of dream-inspired stuff. My idea for a fae-shared London would be pretty wild, sage fae scientists and white mage fairy healers. Something like the UK before the IRA peace treaty or the Middle East but with non-human groups helping and fighting humanity for dominance.

My most most ambitious is an idea for a retelling of human history but with widespread alien attempts to take over Earth from the caveman era through the Romans into the modern day. Aliens as a known part of human history. Rewriting all of human history around this idea would be wild.

JayDirex

My most most ambitious is an idea for a retelling of human history but with widespread alien attempts to take over Earth from the caveman era through the Romans into the modern day. Aliens as a known part of human history. Rewriting all of human history around this idea would be wild.

I dunno abut the first one, but the Alien one sounds fun

Moctemma

Learning about this writing stuff
My most ambitious idea is a sci-fantasy where the summoned hero is killed and everything is doomed, but one girl, who belonged to the organization in charge of taking care of the summoned heroes who appear every fifty years, takes his place.
It would be something similar to Honkai Impact 3rd. A search for power from both sides, ancient technology, etc.
My priority to write it is low, because it requires immense world-building and knowing all the plot twists and history of the world.

My second most ambitious project is to write a very long novel. 1M words or more. It's a GL story about an adventurer and a waitress.

The other stories I have in mind are relatively easy and with a limit of 100K words, those have a specific theme. Though I have to add my current novel as one of the most ambitious ones, despite the fact that I got rid of all the useless world-building and characters. It's about a girl who is doomed to destroy the fantasy world she got reincarnated into.

EShadow000

I take this one. Let's picture an internal vision. A character Allen is eating with his family feeling all sad, and hot, when the window to their house is ruthlessly slapped against, repeatedly, without pause, without rhyme or reason. The dad goes to beat this villain. It's his one duty. And kills the zombie. But since there are other zombies, and some dinasour zombies and all the dead world population ever walked on Earth as a zombie, he knows, not a good time to be out.

As they slowly leave the town and their second home, the hunter's house behind and after crossing the danger at the bend, the dinasour at the impenetrable plaza tried to kill people. Only now the insects have started to awaken and the dinasour doesn't like all these lice on his back. Which are pretty like rain as they fall upon people.
Though the wood certainly seem strange. Nowadays. And his.... Dad knows it.

I am curious as to the story behind this question. So please send me a letter when you see this.

Last edited:

miclowgunman

I have a murder mystery story that plays out in and out of a VR game. It will rely heavily off of the time distortion between the two worlds and the quirks that come from it. The game 'somehow' works where when you log off and then log back in later you continue from where you left off, even though it is an MMO and everyone else is still playing. The MC is an in game detective/ information broker who gets tied up in a murder IRL.

The difficulty will come from keeping tabs of in game time vs out of game time and what happens between the two. The game will run 10x faster then real life, so the MC, who has been playing the game for 9 months, has lived for over 7 years in game. A very detailed timeline will need to be created before I start, as opposed to my fire from the hip, make it up as I go, usual style of writing.

JayDirex

I have this recurring story in my head about a guy who gets stuck crossing his own timelines trying to stop an other wordly "Being" and in the process he either keeps seeing or avoiding his family in these other timelines. (his wife as a child, his son all grown up) I am not sure if he keeps seeing versions of himself tho...that's always been a hangup, ah well. It's ambitious.

miclowgunman

I have this recurring story in my head about a guy who gets stuck crossing his own timelines trying to stop an other wordly "Being" and in the process he either keeps seeing or avoiding his family in these other timelines. (his wife as a child, his son all grown up) I am not sure if he keeps seeing versions of himself tho...that's always been a hangup, ah well. It's ambitious.
you could quantum leap it and have him jumping into bodies of people he knew/ knows trying to track the being and then have to interact with his family from that perspective of the person he is in.

Ekfreet

Nothing grand nor fancy but I wanna challenge myself with writing about a suicidal dude trying to get out of the confines of his mind.

It will probably take ages to write each chapter but it sounds like a good way to build my character evolution skills.

LilithFairen

At present?

I've got ideas in mind for three sequels for the first in my magical girl series, Glints Saga.

Then I have a fifth book in mind, Glints Cross—a cross-over between the characters of the first four books, all gathered together and pitted against a great threat that will test their courage, resolve, and friendships.

I have the plot in mind for that story too, now I just need to write the ones that come before it and not give up after no one cares about the next three in the series either.

xluminaheart

I'm actually in the middle of writing this one;
essentially, a girl goes back in time to save the guy she likes from being banished for a crime he's committed. Every time she goes back, she ends up needing to go back earlier because there are so many factors involved in him committing the crime in the first place that she needs to sort out in order to stop him from being banished. She basically just wants to have a happy life but ends up saving the world on the way.

Unfortunately, as she's doing so she uncovers a whole political conspiracy and lot of nasty secrets about said guy... and ends up falling out of love with him. But she's still stuck in a time loop she created herself, and she can't stop reliving it until she's solved the plot. Then she has an existential crisis, which I swear happens to basically every character I create, because why is she bothering if the whole reason she went back isn't a thing anymore?

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
My most ambitious individual story concept would either be the Time Loop one I'm planning, since I intend to make my own system of noble rankings for it, and also political intrigue, which I think could get complicated. Or the World Invasion one. Which will involve a lot of different worlds, eventually clashing. The build up before any actual invasions will be pretty long. My overall most ambitious idea is that I intend to set all of the stories I'm planning in an interconnected Multiverse, and eventually have interactions between established worlds. Probably including the MCs of the stories set in those worlds. Not to mention that I'll make the Multiverse itself a character. AND I've got several character ideas that I don't think I can build full stories around, but that would be excellent additions to the Multiverse, so I'll probably bring them in on the other stories at some point, and eventually do like, an anthology thing explaining the backstories of those Multiverse travelers. I'm probably taking some of my ideas too far, but we'll see eventually.

JayDirex

you could quantum leap it and have him jumping into bodies of people he knew/ knows trying to track the being and then have to interact with his family from that perspective of the person he is

I forgot, I did imagine that scenario except he's quantum leaping into his own body no matter how old is. and one of the things he grapples with is that he's taking over the body of another version of himself and believes that's not right.

Nothing grand nor fancy but I wanna challenge myself with writing about a suicidal dude trying to get out of the confines of his mind.

It will probably take ages to write each chapter but it sounds like a good way to build my character evolution skills.

you should write that story.

miclowgunman

like the guy wakes up one day inside his mind palace but it is now a labyrinth? It could play out like a cross between the movies Labyrinth and Inside Out. If he dies in the maze levels then he commits suicide outside his mind.

Alienix

I saw some people spoiling their own stories above hehe. I wont spoil my story, but all stories of mine share the same universe.

Zavha0mnic

I want to write a story about a character that exists outside of the multiverse. He has the ability to truly wander and can wander between every possibility. The gods with each multiverse he visits know he exists but can’t destroy him. His power is bound to him. And when he dies in a world he is reborn and stuck there for 1000 years.

Truly wandering can be anything from wandering at random to wandering out of the path of a bullet even though it should be impossible. His soul is indestructible and cannot be destroyed. He started out on Earth. The prime possibility. His power awoke because he was chosen by it. His “I’m not going to save everything I just want to watch.” The power takes his name and brands him “The wanderer”

There are two types of world the wanderer can travel to. A possibility and a creation. When somebody creates something they are proud of. The pride and creativity bring a new world into existence that The Wanderer can travel to. Only stories written within possibilities can create creations.

I don’t know how to do anything that grand. But I want to create a character I could pay people to include in a few chapters of their story or something but that would mean he has to be a good character.

I want the ultimate cameo boi.

thedude3445

At present?

I've got ideas in mind for three sequels for the first in my magical girl series, Glints Saga.

Then I have a fifth book in mind, Glints Cross—a cross-over between the characters of the first four books, all gathered together and pitted against a great threat that will test their courage, resolve, and friendships.

I have the plot in mind for that story too, now I just need to write the ones that come before it and not give up after no one cares about the next three in the series either.
The Avengers of magical girls? That sounds really good

Goswick

Drunken Australian
My most ambitious story concept is probably Nameless - an absurd sort of story about a woman trying to piece together her identity in a world that barely makes sense. Simply because most of the conventions of logic don't apply, it's probably one of the harder ones that I'd have to write. I might see if I can start it after Isekai Inc. is done, but idk.

my most ambitious story is writing one that could let me achieve endless greatness in real life.

i don't know what the story will be, i just know, when i write it, somehow the magic will work out and my own life will be much better than yesterday. that's about it.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
As of now, my first story here and second-ever published online is my (second) most ambitious story concept.

It's about a guy getting a cheat to reincarnate once, get the taboo power, and find his way to his lover across multiple incarnations. It's very tragic, with a lot of dramatic ironies and looming shadow of world-spanning schemes and fate-bending ability. I've planned a huge ton for this story that I consider it to be my masterpiece, just below one another story that is even bigger in the scope and spun far higher in term of cast, time period, and basically everything.