What's your workflow

AlmondCrushPocky

Is your workflow highly organized, with a set schedule and time for writing, and clearly organized chapters? Alternatively, are you like me, where my ADHD trumps everything and I work on 5 different things simultaneously? Maybe something else? Just curious and maybe some tips.

Dia779

Is your workflow highly organized, with a set schedule and time for writing, and clearly organized chapters? Alternatively, are you like me, where my ADHD trumps everything and I work on 5 different things simultaneously? Maybe something else? Just curious and maybe some tips.
Not me at the moment, i still write but im an absolute mess of an organizer....... im trying to get it together.

All i can tell you is when your mind is too stressed/pressured, just take some time until you feel ready to tackle it again.

Thats all from me, sorry if its not too helpful

kaisei

I budget time for writing, but I don't write every day (I personally don't think you should). I think of it more like averages. If over the course of a week, I get say, 7,000 words in, that's essentially the equivalent of 1,000 words a day, even if I only wrote two or three of the days. Setting rigorous schedules on a daily basis is a bit too committed even for me, so I set weekly if not monthly timelines to make sure I don't get sick of the craft.

If I'm committed on a longer term project that I know I want to finish, I typically drop all my reading responsibilities and write until completion. I keep to one, maybe two things at a time, but I make sure I'm not working on the same length of work at the same time. For instance, if I have a novella, I try to have a short story on the side to supplement when I'm burned out. Maybe if I'm sick of one thing, I'll go back and do edit work on another. With novels or webnovels, it's a bit harder to say, I have very little experience in this regard, but my current methodology based on the one or two novels that I did end up completing was essentially one to two month spurts to completion followed by several weeks of editing, followed by maybe one or two months of rest away from writing.

And when I'm not writing, I'm reading!

Kamelingil

Multiversal Author
I have 3 novels to write and dropped 2 novels, and literally the chapter schedule is quite messy, daily release, then not uploading for 2 days, even my other novels only get 1 chapter for 5 days. I only write whenever I want to

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I haven't written in a while due to my life being a mess right now, but when I was writing, I had a specific time of the day allocated for it.

I have ADHD myself and I'm well-aware of how much I need organization if I want to get anything that demands focus done.

It's kinda funny how I can easily write for stuff like roleplays whenever I want, but novels simply need more focus, so I need proper organization, or I'll end up never doing it.

doravg

106/4001 (bigot towards homophobs)
I write every day. My minimum is 1.5k words per day. Today I wrote 6k. The urge to write a lot comes and goes, but I do write every day.

laccoff_mawning

I write when I feel like it. The only thing I do consistently is proofread a chapter before releasing it.
That and I've chosen to only work on one story, as my writing speed is so slow I struggle to write 1.5k words per week. Hence if I did write multiple stories, I feel like I wouldn't get anywhere with any of them.

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
it's like walking a capricious big dog, sometimes you're zooming down the sidewalks, others you're dragging a stubborn boulder

TheKillingAlice

Schinken
What is workflow?
Is that when you procrastinate the new chapter until it's late at night and you realize you have to upload the next day, but you haven't even started, so you write the chapter, revise, and upload it in the span of about two hours, somwhere between 1 am and 3 am, when you have to get up at 7 am for your 10 hour shift? No?
Then I have no idea.

J_Chemist

I procrastinate until I get a spark of inspiration or find the right song to listen to as I numb my brain and focus on my writing. Throughout the week, during my actual job, during the gym, and when I'm watching anime/tv, I often let my mind wander and visualize what I want to happen in my next chapter. After a while, a more solid picture comes to my head and then when I have time, I spend it putting the finished and more polished thoughts to paper.

When that writing happens depends on the spark and the muse. Up until that point, I don't write or force myself to. I've done it before and the produced chapters were dogwater.

MajorKerina

My workflow is whenever I can and whenever I stop procrastinating from playing simulation games online that intentionally waste my time.