When do you post?

What day of the week do you usually publish your work?

• Total voters

Animo

I just wanted to put an open question out there; what day of the week do you usually publish your work? If so, Is there also a particular time you do it?
I work as a Journalist full-time and I usually send a lot of emails out during the span of the week. I usually found more success with emails being sent on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and it brought up the thought of whether there would be a peak day to publish my work too. Any thoughts on this would be great!

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
I publish on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I try to publish when there not much trafic to have more time appearance in the last update page.

SailusGebel

Never.

HungrySheep

I like yuri
I post every day, but that depends on your goals. I want to give my readers a consistent flow of content, especially as my novel does not fall into the "popular" camp of genres (isekai, litrpg, genderbender, harem, smut, etc.) which means I'll have to rely on other things to hold my audience. I've also experimented with releasing a massive chapter once a week which has earned middling success in terms of visibility.

If you're writing isekai litrpg you can honestly just post whenever from my experience.

Sleds

That does make a lot of sense. Since most people would also be free throughout the day during weekends I'd also think that would probably be one of the more superior options logically speaking.
Apparently, the majority of readers tend to not read the weekend. The more trafic happen between 11am and 12am in week day.

melchi

What is a custom title?
I heard somewhere that monday was the best day to post but I'm more interested in trying to set a pace I can maintain than trying to increase views.

Animo

Apparently, the majority of readers tend to not read the weekend. The more trafic happen between 11am and 12am in week day.
What time zone are you currently in - Is there a predominant region that scribblehub readers are based in?

Animo

I heard somewhere that monday was the best day to post but I'm more interested in trying to set a pace I can maintain than trying to increase views.
This makes a lot of sense. I'm guessing in a majority of cases, especially for more niche genres, they need to cater to a pace that suits the majority of their readers.
Europe and the predominant are American from what I see.
Oh wow, so do you tend to post 10AM CET or around that time zone, or do you try and match it with 10AM ET or PT.

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
I just wanted to put an open question out there; what day of the week do you usually publish your work? If so, Is there also a particular time you do it?
I work as a Journalist full-time and I usually send a lot of emails out during the span of the week. I usually found more success with emails being sent on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and it brought up the thought of whether there would be a peak day to publish my work too. Any thoughts on this would be great!
Approximately every 1.5 weeks to a month.
*dead expression*

Simple_Russian_Boi

Maybe an alcoholic | Occasionally a cat
In the more free parts of my life, I post chapters every day, or as soon as they're ready. But lately I've been posting on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Gives me time to write new chapters and prof-read before posting them.
Approximately every 1.5 weeks to a month.
*dead expression*
You have a better score than my sister then. She writes the highest quality novels/fanfics I've ever read, but chapters come out every two months at best. I think some of her works haven't been updated in a year at the moment.

Sleds

This makes a lot of sense. I'm guessing in a majority of cases, especially for more niche genres, they need to cater to a pace that suits the majority of their readers.

Oh wow, so do you tend to post 10AM CET or around that time zone, or do you try and match it with 10AM ET or PT.
I tend to publish at 3pm CET would mean more or less 9am in America time zone.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Sometime after I teach my kid to read on his own so he stops grabbing pencils out of my hand when I attempt to write.

Bobple

I used to upload any day (At least once a week) for my main story, but now it is Tuesday. Not for any particular reason, I just wanted to try and be more consistent and Tuesday just happened to be that day.

Second story is at least one chapter a fortnight, with that chapter always being on Sunday (it was going to be Monday, but decided to have at least a day separation between them).

Time wise, I usually upload between 4~6 am, cause timezone reasons. Which can be a little annoying, cause while I do get more views when I upload during those times, I'm still asleep for a bit so I can't interact with people....

doravg

106/4001 (bigot towards homophobs)
Every day. For my SH stories, one chapter per day, for my AO3 stories as many chapters as I have written on that day. I don't want to end up with a stockpile of novels.