When you get an idea

Toripuru-S

When you get a good idea do you immediately write it down or see if it'll stick?
As Stephen King once said, "Notes are a great way to immortalize bad ideas."

So my answer is nope :blob_cookie: , I don't write everything down lol. I'll know if an idea is good, if it survives the journey from living rent free in my mind to making it into a published chapter.

Last edited:

Maze_Runner

□■ - I like running in mazes - ■□
Normally write it down then forget about it or see if I have time to write it. If I do I'll write it.

Reyezwriting

My memory is not trustworthy, so when I'm walking in the middle of the street and come up with a good dialogue, I write in in a google doc.

Noel_Elitia

just make sure to write it in your phone as sticky notes
On weekends you can just read through them at night at once and keep the important ones

doravg

106/4001 (bigot towards homophobs)
When you get a good idea do you immediately write it down or see if it'll stick?
No. I have a time period in which I write, and I don't write outside it. If the idea was excellent, it would survive. If not, well, no big deal.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I write it in my side notebook so I don't forget it and then see if it sticks when the time comes.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?

OtherSlater

Because The First Slater Died.
I can't remember my times table but I will NEVER forget a plotline. Maybe that's why I failed college math...

Pluvious

Yep. I'm trying to think of the reason why someone would not write it down? Too much information to look at when writing?
No. I have a time period in which I write, and I don't write outside it. If the idea was excellent, it would survive. If not, well, no big deal.
What about ideas that are for later and not part of your immediate writing? Just gone?