Where do you guys usually promote your stuff?

prognastat

I guess in a sense SH, WN, and FF are my promotion as far as getting people to patreon. As for promoting the actual writing itself I don't really.

I don't think most promotion for web novels does all that much and even when it does most of the time isn't that cost effective. You might be able to draw in some readers with good art of appealing characters in your story and people finding it and wanting to read about said characters, but considering how much time and/or money good artwork can cost I don't know if it works well as a return on investment on that time/money spent.

overclockedw

I just post daily and hope that gets me enough. I've managed to get lucky enough to have one of the more established writers on this site enjoy my work, and sometimes supports me by briefly linking me at the end or beginning of one of his chapters.

That has done a lot for me.

Then again, I'm a new author. I think promotion of these kinds of novels is more for people who already have a dedicated fanbase of readers and/or a catalogue of works that lots of people have loved.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
I don't I prefer to be secretly awesome and a hidden gem few know about.

J_Chemist

Tyranomaster

Guy who writes stuff
On SH I just have my story in my signature. On RR I've run 2 ad campaigns since the readership over there was lagging behind SH.

KuruKinaar

I use Discord and join servers to make friends and then share my works to get feedback and promotion. Anytime you can build a group of followers on a social media platform, you always want to go there. Me personally, its hard to make a following as I struggle to interact and post consistently.

l8rose

Perpetually Positively Pondering
I used to promote on Tumblr when I had an active schedule.

ArchmageOfTerror

I use Discord and join servers to make friends and then share my works to get feedback and promotion. Anytime you can build a group of followers on a social media platform, you always want to go there. Me personally, its hard to make a following as I struggle to interact and post consistently.
The struggle is real, I'm also in college so its difficult to get into mood to write something fr

nemonusquam_

I post three chapters a week (M-W-F), so I can't rely on the Latest Updates sections by itself. I've been using Reddit mostly. X, Facebook and Discord to a lesser degree.

Sylver

I don't use social media :blob_pout: nobody accepts my friend requests.

Just joking, but I don't really advertise my work. I try to publish it on a written schedule in hopes that it grabs more readers attention.

Why do you want to promote your work, hoping to catch someone's eye? Aiming to gain an audience to promote Patreon perhaps?

SurfAngel_1031

CSDestroyer

Wait, you guys promote your works?

In all seriousness, I hardly actively promote. It might just be me, but the spaces that typically are designated for active promoting are filled with nothing but others who also want to actively promote their works, and not very many people actually looking for works to read.

The times I do are rather selective, and only if the effort-to-potential-exposure ratio is decent. Most other times, I just throw my content out into the void and hope for a response. And it's... somewhat worked, so far.

H0LL0W

I try to post daily but I know eventually I'm gonna break that streak.
I leave up links in my profile to donate to my Kofi but other than that, idk how to monetize.
I'm thinking of setting up a tumblr. imho I don't think a Patreon is worth it unless you start to get a really big following.