Where to post?

VanishingDust

Hello, I've created a webtoon series that has not been publicly released yet. So, I want to know what webtoon sites are there that I can release it on?

Besides Webtoon/Tapas. [Or are those my only options?]

Side question - Do scanlation groups take on original works?

iWannaEatChicken

Besides Webtoon/Tapas. [Or are those my only options?]
I think Webnovel is another option. Although the name suggests it's only for novels, they also have a comics section that is pretty much like Webtoon. And the great thing is they pay authors so you can can earn an income for your hard work :blob_okay:

Also this is my first time posting / replying to anything on here so sorry if i did something wrong :blob_cringe:

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Side question - Do scanlation groups take on original works?
If it's interesting enough that people are willing to sacrifice their free time for it

I think I saw it happen once? Ngl, if the author wants different language versions, then hiring a professional is a more reliable option. Or better, be fluent in the language to put out another version and actually get the meaning and vibes across. Some languages just don't give out the same vibes as the original.

I think Webnovel is another option. Although the name suggests it's only for novels, they also have a comics section that is pretty much like Webtoon. And the great thing is they pay authors so you can can earn an income for your hard work :blob_okay:

Also this is my first time posting / replying to anything on here so sorry if i did something wrong :blob_cringe:
You did well, chicken.

iWannaEatChicken

Ah wait, I just learned that Webnovel is kinda sketchy in terms of their contracts. Sorry about that :blob_shock:

tiaf

Ah wait, I just learned that Webnovel is kinda sketchy in terms of their contracts. Sorry about that :blob_shock:
Webnovel is a good option for gaining an audience since it’s so big. It’s not wrong to post there, just their contracts shouldn’t be signed without going through it with an lawyer.

Also I thought you can only post webnovels there while webtoons are only for contracted works?

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
Webnovel is a good option for gaining an audience since it’s so big. It’s not wrong to post there, just their contracts shouldn’t be signed without going through it with an lawyer.

Also I thought you can only post webnovels there while webtoons are only for contracted works?
Used to be a good option for gaining an audience. Not after they changed the tagging system and also started to only promote stories that have gone the exclusive contract route with them. If you’re not exclusive with the changes they’ve made to the site it makes it impossible for you to be discovered there.

tiaf

Used to be a good option for gaining an audience. Not after they changed the tagging system and also started to only promote stories that have gone the exclusive contract route with them. If you’re not exclusive with the changes they’ve made to the site it makes it impossible for you to be discovered there.
sucks :OOO