Which fantasy creature would you like to eat?

l8rose

Perpetually Positively Pondering
A Kyubey meme : r/MadokaMagica
... can I eat it?

I think there would be some similarities in taste overall because all of the parts will have the same blood running through them, but the texture will definitely be varied.
You know, you're probably right. It all probably tastes like chicken anyway as apparently everything tastes like chicken in fantasy stories.

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
I have been watching "Delicious in Dungeon" (Great anime, btw. You should watch it.) and have been thinking about this question for a while now: which fantasy creature would theoretically taste the best?

Now I know that most of you would probably go for dragon since, you know, it's a motherf*cking dragon. But think about it, do you really want to eat a dragon because you might like the taste of it or do you want to eat a dragon just for the prestige of eating a goddamn dragon? I just think it's a bit overhyped, to be honest.

Now, if I were to choose, putting all moral and cultural quandaries aside, I would probably have to go with the unicorn. There are plenty of cultures around the world where people have eaten horse meat regularly and had quite enjoyed it. And a unicorn is basically just a better version of a horse, so I can imagine unicorn meat being way taster than horse meat. Plus, there is a slight possibility that I might fart rainbows by the end of it and who doesn't like rainbow farts?

Anyway, what are your thoughts? Which fantasy creature would you like to try out in a daring culinary experience?
Memory moss, forget why though…

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
I have been watching "Delicious in Dungeon" (Great anime, btw. You should watch it.) and have been thinking about this question for a while now: which fantasy creature would theoretically taste the best?

Now I know that most of you would probably go for dragon since, you know, it's a motherf*cking dragon. But think about it, do you really want to eat a dragon because you might like the taste of it or do you want to eat a dragon just for the prestige of eating a goddamn dragon? I just think it's a bit overhyped, to be honest.

Now, if I were to choose, putting all moral and cultural quandaries aside, I would probably have to go with the unicorn. There are plenty of cultures around the world where people have eaten horse meat regularly and had quite enjoyed it. And a unicorn is basically just a better version of a horse, so I can imagine unicorn meat being way taster than horse meat. Plus, there is a slight possibility that I might fart rainbows by the end of it and who doesn't like rainbow farts?

Anyway, what are your thoughts? Which fantasy creature would you like to try out in a daring culinary experience?
Depends on the slime, but I have heard that slime mold can be a convincing mimicry of scrambled eggs when cooked the same way. So slimes that don’t rely on metals, earth, etc might be interesting. @greyblob for example.
Archdemons in their raccoon form…:blob_evil: @Generic.Archdemon
And, hmmm… the sheep that made the Golden Fleece. Never tasted mutton before m, so I figure that would be a good first experience!

NineHeadHeavenDevouringSerpent

Basilisk, one of the orginal forms has the top half of a chicken which is enough for me lol.

If I had to choose others, then it would be Kraken. Kraken Takoyaki...yummm just imagining it is making me salivate.

Indicterra

Five little monkeys jumping on the bed 🎶
Succubus.........oh you mean as a cusine, probably phoenix

GoodPerson

The only active fanfictioners in the forum.
This dragon wants to eat a griffin. I think it would taste like chicken.
Unicorn would be nice, but I could catch a winged one. Of course, I mean the real unicorns, elasmotherium.
I wonder how centaur would taste like, human or horse? Now I'm thinking of eating minotaur steaks.
Cooking a slime well done could prove interesting.
Uhm... Shouldn't you be concerned that most of the people here prefer to eat dragons and you are, well, a dragon?

Sola-sama

Retired Old Man
I always wanted to try eating isekai human.
Is it cannibalism?
I wouldn't think like that. To consider me practicing cannibalism implies that I consider them 'human' in the first place.