Which part of the writing process do you struggle with or fear the most?

• Thread starter Deleted member 45782
  • Start date

Which part of the writing process do you struggle with or fear the most?

• Grammar/Writing Structure

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Story Plotline Development

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Character Development

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Beginning to write

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Continued writing

Votes: 29 46.8%
  • Knowing where to end the writing

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Getting Writing Ideas

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Research for your writing

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Writing hot topics or complex issues

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • How your writing is perceived by others (feedback)

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Getting noticed for your writing

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Writing Mood/Motivation

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Timing to write

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • I am Distracted

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Floating in Outer Space...

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Not Info Dumping

Votes: 11 17.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MajorKerina

Platonic commitment. Literally the meme photo of guy looking at other girl while girlfriend is mad. I have so many stories I had to create basically a scrapbook to just spew out whatever I got going before it’s lost and now that has left me committed to a narrative which I adore while another one I adore is needy and craving attention from my mind and heart and my mind and heart want both of them and want to do even more. I am so polyamory for stories.

i struggle with using schedules for my own writing. i don't really like to force myself to write on a specific chapters per day. i'd rather just wait and just get along with life until the inspiration struck.

i also didn't like to do research at all. i find it pointless to do just for writing a story. i only do it if i genuinely like the subject. that's probably why my writing is always surreal, i just want to skip all kinds of thing that must adhere to reality and just write whatever i want.

the other major thing is feedback i guess, i never really like to ask feedback from anyone. i feel that i already wrote for long enough to know my own writing and if there's something lacking, i don't think it will ever be posted. and if i don't like it anymore, i can just either rewrite or scrap it completely. either way, nothing is lost, i actually don't give a fuck about the writing, but the journey itself.

as someone who just write for a hobby and just sharing for fun, i think getting feedback isn't that necessary when you reached a certain point.

i don't like writing for others and if following their advice make me hate writing, why bother?

though yeah, it's more that i'm a really arrogant person and i don't like it when people trying to boss over me, no matter how good are they in writing. simply 'cuz what works for one may not for another, and i just fukken hate when those damn backseaters tried to force their goddamn meta.

if people want to give feedback, i'd like to at least be nice about it. i respect if they can point out the problems without trying to cuss like scolding a bad student and humiliate them in front of the class. i know it when someone wanted to be helpful or just trying to be a dick.

for the latter case, i'm the type who remembers whoever crossed the line. well, that's about it.

Last edited:

SpaurdaD

For me the most difficult would have to be editing, changing parts of the story to make it make more sense, and just... going over the story as a reader with a critical mindset as I pay attention to what to look out for :,)