Which Self-insert Isekai Pokemon PoV story would you read?

Which Self-insert Isekai Pokemon PoV would you read?

• 1: MC spawns as a duplicate Erika from Celadon City...

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 2: MC is reborn into the world of Pokemon as an Eevee...

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • 3: I would prefer to read about a different theme/idea...

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters

Aiyoki

Elaborating on the choices here with some more specifics:

1) MC spawns as a duplicate Erika from Celadon City... and must survive in the pokemon world as a trainer who didn't get the benefit of being handed the convenient Pokedex that all "new" trainers get from the tree professor. She also has to avoid being recognized by other people because the real Erika still exists as Celadon's gym leader!

2) MC hatches from an egg and enters the world as a wild Eevee. As a sought after fan favorite, the MC must thrive in the wilderness of the pokemon world while steering clear of the pokemon food chain as well as the multitude of trainers looking to get their hands on a wild Eevee.

3) This one would be for those that like something different than the above limited choices.

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
Elaborating on the choices here with some more specifics:

1) MC spawns as a duplicate Erika from Celadon City... and must survive in the pokemon world as a trainer who didn't get the benefit of being handed the convenient Pokedex that all "new" trainers get from the tree professor. She also has to avoid being recognized by other people because the real Erika still exists as Celadon's gym leader!

2) MC hatches from an egg and enters the world as a wild Eevee. As a sought after fan favorite, the MC must thrive in the wilderness of the pokemon world while steering clear of the pokemon food chain as well as the multitude of trainers looking to get their hands on a wild Eevee.

3) This one would be for those that like something different than the above limited choices.
Definitely the Eevee one. I find duplicate and loss of identity/identity confusion to be VERY stressful. While the second one just sounds cool and interesting, focusing on stealth and having a great, but simple, goal: avoid getting captured/killed. It would be even better if they decided to stay an Eevee because they like the body so much, even if they know that it will make things harder on them.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
The second one is clearly better than the first, but it also lacks a certain something...

My first thought was a more 'realistic' take on pokemon, but then I was like... Well, why bother with pokemon at all then? Why not just be a cute fox monster in a fantasy world full of bloodthirsty beasts?

If you don't go with realism, then... there's no real stakes. Pokemon are fully capable of escaping captivity if they dislike their trainers, and a clever person could survive without difficulty with all those random berries laying everywhere.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. A slice of life adventure story about an Eevee exploring the pokemon world from a pokemon's perspective does sound like a relaxing and cute read.

If you have the skill, you can pull off anything.

But I voted for three.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I picked number 2 because it's cursed and I want to see if what I think would happen, would actually happen. If it was, I would have to go cleary head for a while and try to get amnesia. If not, it might be fun.

Aiyoki

The second one is clearly better than the first, but it also lacks a certain something...

My first thought was a more 'realistic' take on pokemon, but then I was like... Well, why bother with pokemon at all then? Why not just be a cute fox monster in a fantasy world full of bloodthirsty beasts?

If you don't go with realism, then... there's no real stakes. Pokemon are fully capable of escaping captivity if they dislike their trainers, and a clever person could survive without difficulty with all those random berries laying everywhere.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. A slice of life adventure story about an Eevee exploring the pokemon world from a pokemon's perspective does sound like a relaxing and cute read.

If you have the skill, you can pull off anything.

But I voted for three.
for #2 I was thinking of a story that'd be leaning more towards a realistic take on the Pokemon genre in general. When you read all the ingame pokemon Snippets in the various generational pokedex entries, you start to realize just how messed up the pokemon world would actually be if the whole genre hadn't been aimed at the Y7 age group.

Take for example: Rattata's pokedex entries. The takeaway is essentially this:

1 - They bite anything and favor biting things that are hard and when they attack, they always bite.
2 - They are pests that breed and multiply quickly.
3 - They are always looking for fresh food to eat and will eat anything that's edible.
4 - Their teeth are strong enough to break through wooden doors and gain entry into people's homes.

In the end, Rattata are a nuisance and there would likely be steps taken to cull outbreaks when natural predators are not sufficient to keep the Rattata population at bay.

Last edited:

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Take for example: Rattata's pokedex entries. The takeaway is essentially this:

1 - They bit anything and favor biting things that are hard and when they attack, they always bite.
2 - They are pests that breed and multiply quickly.
3 - They are always looking for fresh food to eat and will eat anything that's edible.
4 - Their teeth are strong enough to break through wooden doors and gain entry into people's homes.

In the end, Rattata are a nuisance and there would likely be steps taken to cull outbreaks when natural predators are not sufficient to keep the Rattata population at bay.
Didn't see this the first time. Reading it, I thought you were implying that the rats were going to swarm into people's houses and eat them alive like in A Plague Tale.

hippoman

I like the idea of a trainer on the run and there are already abunch of pokemon POV stories, (though admittedly I am currently also reading an Erika POV fan fic on this site lol)

Aiyoki

Didn't see this the first time. Reading it, I thought you were implying that the rats were going to swarm into people's houses and eat them alive like in A Plague Tale.
This is a terrifying idea! But interpretation of the data entries could suggest that an overpopulation of Rattata that lack a sufficient source of food could result in a mob of these creatures posing a very real danger to the health and safety of humans.
I like the idea of a trainer on the run and there are already abunch of pokemon POV stories, (though admittedly I am currently also reading an Erika POV fan fic on this site lol)

What's it called? :blob_reach:

Aiyoki

Where Ash
Honestly I crave an Ash-Free experience when it comes to pokemon. Throughout the anime series Ash never grows as a character, essentially making him one of the longest upheld flat characters in anime. :blob_blank:

The Video game series has also never had an Ash character. Ash's appearance is loosely based on Red from the original games but the personality of the two are completely different.

Imagine if you pick 2 and get a water stone...
Did you know that vaporeon is th-
It would be neat to explore how the MC would pull through and resist those moments of "Forced" evolution. Most Pokedex entries point to Eevee having an unstable genetic structure that willfully adapts and changes based on the environment, and these changes are expedited when exposed to the radiation of evolution stones.

hippoman

This is a terrifying idea! But interpretation of the data entries could suggest that an overpopulation of Rattata that lack a sufficient source of food could result in a mob of these creatures posing a very real danger to the health and safety of humans.

What's it called? :blob_reach:
Twisted Garden by Aleister
Erika is a street rat with aspirations of becoming a gym leader. I like how it explains mono type teams and small teams like how you would see in the original series.
https://www.scribblehub.com/series/733384/twisted-garden-pokemon-erika-au/ here is the link

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!

sanitylimited

be a dito.
stalk a girl.
identify who she has a crush on
transform
dispose of non-shiny children