Who is the hero of your life?

Rhaps

Jedi Fae
I'm down for some sentimental talk at the moment so let's begin.

The "hero" I'm refering to is someone who made an impact on your life, the one who gave you inspiration to who you are now/who you are trying to become. They could be someone in your life, or someone you read about, be it from articles, stories, or historical figures.

For me personally, it's Marcus Aurelius, the Philosopher King. He was given the role of the Emperor of the Roman Emperor, leading the largest empire of the world at that time, but he didn't feel like he was good enough. True, he may lack in some areas but there is no doubt he was a good leader.

From his biography and his book/diary, I came to know him as a man who just tried his best with what he was dealt with. The responsibilities he was given was... heavy, to say the least. But he did become the last of the Five Good Emperor, and a good ruler.

My lesson from him and the reason why he is my hero is his philosophy on life, which is, for me at least "Live your best, do your best.". In general, be happy.

I'm not the best of people, with confirmed sociopathy, I see life like a game, every interaction seems no different like make a deal or signing a contract. I honestly hated it, but I kept trying my best. I try to be myself, a petty and selfish person, but I also try to help those who came to me for help.

I accept the cards the world gave me, some bad some good, but I always smile and deal with them with an open mind. I have the power over my view in life, so I see myself being happy and approach everything with an open mind and heart.

So, who is your hero and how have they help you?

Iamnotabot

Bot of [PAUL]
the one who gave you inspiration to who you are now/who you are trying to become.

I actually have no "hero", the person i have become Today is the result of the world on me, not the choice i made.

As a kid growing in a asian family my choice were made before i was even aware of it. Which school i go to, what food i eat, what to wear, how to act, etc etc.....

So what good is a "hero" that doesn't exist ? What can their teaching do if i can't even follow them ? What good is a "hero" at all ?

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Edit:, no religion allowed
Uh. Sorry, but if fictional characters can be allowed, and historical characters who, and we know history s written by the victors, so at least part of history is fictional, I don't agree with "no religion". Regardless of if it is true or not is irrelevant. The ideas given by a theoretical "god" are still ideas that can influence a person's life.

If a thing works, it works. I do not care about the "real-ness" of the person who is the supposed "hero".

A "hero" is an ideal one holds one's self too. Be it "real" or not is unimportant. The "hero" we imagine in our head is often nothing like reality, so why does it matter if the "hero" is from a religion or not.

I for one do not believe in any religion, but I find the very concept of "Jesus" to be a good one. I will never say the words, "Well, a family of christians just moved in next door. THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOOD." If I find myself listening to someone and going, "You know, I agree with 95% of what you say, except we disagree if the person telling you to believe what you do is real." Why should I get hung up on that?

We have people believing there at 874 genders and that simply saying, "I self-identify as a HOUSE" makes you a PHYSICAL STRUCTURE, and the GOVERNMENT is agreeing with this shit (actual real world example), who am I to get on someone's case for choosing to believe there is a several thousand year old ghost telling you to be a good person?

D

Deleted member 54065

My heroes?

Aside from my parents (I got my principles from my mother, and my inclination to generosity from my father), my heroes are:

1). Politics (since I'm a former public official): Benigno 'Ninoy' Aquino Jr., Benigno Simeon Aquino III, Ma. Leonor 'Leni' Robredo.

2). Literature: J. R. R. Tolkien, C. S. Lewis, Noboru Yamaguchi, J. K. Rowling.

3). Science: Albert Einstein, Yuri Gagarin.

4). Military: Alexander Suvorov, Ulysses Grant.

5). Art: Vincent Van Gogh

6). Philosophy and Religion: Jesus and Buddha.

ACertainPassingUser

My mom.

I have strong Love & Hate relationship with her.

She pretty much helps the whole family and my living, which in quite grateful as I know how much it helps my life.

And I can't ignore bad things she did to me as well.

because she also nearly control everything in my life. Basically omitting far too much important information and making me depends too much on her, without giving chance to learn independently, and suddenly just leave me in the dark somewhere without giving me a chance to learn at all.

What the fuck. You can't expect to raise lion cub in sheltered in white lab for years, and then leave them to the jungle for them to fight against other wild lion and won.

At least raise the lion in the zoo godammit.

***​

Nowadays,

I really remember the day she said I was saved from car crash when I was little in kindergarten, due to I'm running to a car when I'm in kindergarten.

Actually, I wish I didn't survive and just die.

my mom deserves to lose her child in such cheap school with understaffed teachers who are incompetent, as they can't prevent a children from running into the car park.

It really represent her mistakes in choosing a horrible kindergarten and its consequences.

With my death, she coul become more successful career women, so she will become more successful career women, get the career advancement she wanted, and even all the better dating partner she wanted without my existence as burden and deterrent.

DonHon

Cat enthusiast
My teacher, he told me to stop praying and start moving like zamn

Horizon42

My main hero has to be Maya Angelou. She faced so much in her life - racism, abuse, homelessness - yet she kept pushing on. She wrote some of the most beautiful poems and taught me a valuable lesson: life is tough but it doesn't mean you can't rise.😌

Like you, I've had my ups and downs. And honestly, sometimes it's easier to just think of life as a game. But when I remember Angelou's life and her words, I remind myself to keep fighting and moving forward.