Why do people say my "America Summoned Isekai" is better than the rest?

Dr.AssDeer

Before my questions, I just want to say, no disrespect towards "America In Another World" or "America Summoned" was/is intended in this post. I just wish to get honest answers to questions that have been illuding me for months.

This might just be my drunk mind failing to process the whole ordeal or I might just be starting to lose it. But I truly do not understand why my take on the "America summoned to a fantasy world" sub-genre, has exploded in views like it has (I mean exploded as in I never expected in literal years, to gain the views I have in mere months). With a little over 47,000 views across Scribblehub and Royal Road combined, I am still in utter disbelief that my take on this sub-genre, has gained this many views and comments (mostly on Royal Road) about how my story is the best on the whole "America summoned to a fantasy world" sub-genre.

Is it because of the more realistic tone I've taken with it? Perhaps it's the more character focus direction or me putting more detail into the actual question of "What would happen if this actually occurred?". I genuinely do not understand why my take on this sub-genre has exploded in views like it has. Can someone explain this to me? Since I started back in November of 2021, I still haven't figured out why.

For those confused about what this post is... well, about: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/390113/america-stranded-in-a-fantasy-world/ This is my story. I do not intend to make this as some scummy marketing ploy, but just an easy way for those who wish to read the first few chapters of my story and tell me why has it gained the rating and views it has, as I still haven't figured out why. Again, I do not intend this as some scummy marketing or even smear campaign against the other "America isekai" stories, I just want honest answers.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Before my questions, I just want to say, no disrespect towards "America In Another World" or "America Summoned" was/is intended in this post. I just wish to get honest answers to questions that have been illuding me for months.

This might just be my drunk mind failing to process the whole ordeal or I might just be starting to lose it. But I truly do not understand why my take on the "America summoned to a fantasy world" sub-genre, has exploded in views like it has (I mean exploded as in I never expected in literal years, to gain the views I have in mere months). With a little over 47,000 views across Scribblehub and Royal Road combined, I am still in utter disbelief that my take on this sub-genre, has gained this many views and comments (mostly on Royal Road) about how my story is the best on the whole "America summoned to a fantasy world" sub-genre.

Is it because of the more realistic tone I've taken with it? Perhaps it's the more character focus direction or me putting more detail into the actual question of "What would happen if this actually occurred?". I genuinely do not understand why my take on this sub-genre has exploded in views like it has. Can someone explain this to me? Since I started back in November of 2021, I still haven't figured out why.

For those confused about what this post is... well, about: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/390113/america-stranded-in-a-fantasy-world/ This is my story. I do not intend to make this as some scummy marketing ploy, but just an easy way for those who wish to read the first few chapters of my story and tell me why has it gained the rating and views it has, as I still haven't figured out why. Again, I do not intend this as some scummy marketing or even smear campaign against the other "America isekai" stories, I just want honest answers.
STEAM ROLLING.

We honestly need to isekai the Czecho-Slovak Legion.
smug2.png

Last edited:

Dr.AssDeer

STEAM ROLLING.

We honestly need to isekai the Czecho-Slovak LegionA
A couple of months back, I did have the idea for an extremely weird Yugoslavia civil war isekai story where one soldier from each side was summoned as a "Hero"...yeah, goes about as well as you think. Decided not to go forward with it as this current one I'm working on is already enough on my plate to deal with.

Ilikewaterkusa

A couple of months back, I did have the idea for an extremely weird Yugoslavia civil war isekai story where one soldier from each side was summoned as a "Hero"...yeah, goes about as well as you think. Decided not to go forward with it as this current one I'm working on is already enough on my plate to deal with.
Hitler genderbent loli futa lesbian cheat system would get on top here lol.

UnknownSaint171

I've never read 'American' summon isekai before, sounds awkward lol.
But I have read English characters isekai/transmigriated into another world.

Anyways, I'll give this a try!

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme

lol the best part of the story page is your meme cover. 10/10 dude.

Dudealien

Pepsiman is my stand

Guns.

Dr.AssDeer

TLDR: I've gotten quite a few comments from here and Royal Road about how my story is apparently the best in this sub-genre. I'm just trying to figure out why. Though looking back, this is more of a drunk rant from me than anything else.

Dr.AssDeer

Do you have hoodrats and meth running rampant from entrepreneurial gangsters?
That is something I've been debating with myself ever since I started this story, however, I never really found a good way to explore the rabbit hole that is the drug trade. The drug trade is defiantly in complete anarchy as Mexico and Latin America supply the majority of drugs to the US. Now with them gone, either Florida-Man is going to become filthy rich, or this was the answer to the opioid crisis all along, lmao.

As for the domestic product. Shipping it to "The New World" without the help of the CIA would be next to impossible as of right now. America is still in panic mode and has constant naval patrols and radar aircraft watching the coast. So any drug boats would be found, save for once in a blue moon but it wouldn't be worth it in my opinion.
lol the best part of the story page is your meme cover. 10/10 dude.
Thank the internet for that one, lmfao.

Ilikewaterkusa

Now I would deffinitely give that a try, though it's a shame they would have to ditch their trains.
give it magic lol
That is something I've been debating with myself ever since I started this story, however, I never really found a good way to explore the rabbit hole that is the drug trade. The drug trade is defiantly in complete anarchy as Mexico and Latin America supply the majority of drugs to the US. Now with them gone, either Florida-Man is going to become filthy rich, or this was the answer to the opioid crisis all along, lmao.

As for the domestic product. Shipping it to "The New World" without the help of the CIA would be next to impossible as of right now. America is still in panic mode and has constant naval patrols and radar aircraft watching the coast. So any drug boats would be found, save for once in a blue moon but it wouldn't be worth it in my opinion.

Thank the internet for that one, lmfao.
make the cia the final villain

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer
The desert around LA is meth country. You don't need Latin America. Even then, designer drugs and such are mostly independent.

Dr.AssDeer

give it magic lol

make the cia the final villain
Oh don't you worry, I plan on having the CIA being taken off its leech and allow to go wherever the hell it wants. In the name of protecting Americans of course.
The desert around LA is meth country. You don't need Latin America. Even then, designer drugs and such are mostly independent.
Seems legit. But like with anything I write, I'll do some research before I go exploring this. Not to mention I gotta make it fit with the plot, or I may write a 0.5 chapter about it.

Ilikewaterkusa

Oh don't you worry, I plan on having the CIA being taken off its leech and allow to go wherever the hell it wants. In the name of protecting Americans of course.

Seems legit. But like with anything I write, I'll do some research before I go exploring this. Not to mention I gotta make it fit with the plot, or I may write a 0.5 chapter about it.
Oh yeah the drugs are made in China, so like the CIA are going like steal dudes to force them into meth manufactoring and like use some of the magic herbs from the other world to make things more deadly. Also make sure to have a boiling tension in America on part of the parties. Like almost all of the America isekai is like 80's era America in the tone, style and the fact things are breaking apart

Erivva

Japanese and Chinese love themselves too much and at this point their too cliche.