Why does KR love necromancer?

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I think it comes from the stem that korea once was an RTS playerbase which has been specializing in controlling units like a commander. Given their perspective, using units such as undead on the chess board is how they perceive their combat in a way that they always play it strategically at most.

I think it mostly comes out was when the popular novel 'Solo Leveling' and other novels like it became more and more idolize that most koreans perceive that necromancy is quite an popular genre that they decided that writing such genre became cliche for them. Like Japanese with their Isekais and Chinese with Xianxia and whatnot, you can't really blame them for finding their own genre to look for.
That and mindless grinding up a bloody tower. That reminds me of Montower, a mobile game that I played, the first version which I cheated.

I really don't mind the whole necromancer thing, it is just that a bunch of KR manhwas with necromancer being translated lately and Solo Leveling (like the art, not much on the plot) clones has made me gone back to xianxia... and I left that genre awhile ago because oversaturation.