Why hasn't there been an isekai video game?

ACertainPassingUser

Currently,

Isekai genre itself isn't as significant for game like it is for Novel/Comic/Anime. It's like how time travel and real-life based game isn't as popular in game insdustry.

And Harem can be achieved by Otome game/Dating Simulation. Functional harem can only be used In action games, harem is basically subordinate AI/CPU player, which is dumb as fuck. The other choices is Online players, which is equally as hard as achieveing real-life Playboy harem.

As good as game story could be, if the gameplay is bad, it will be forgotten quite easily. And building good gameplay is harder and more complicated than hiring good writer for the story.

Premier

A game with no challenge wouldn’t actually be that fun

Daitengu

Hyperdimension Neptunia 1 starts with Neptune falling from the sky with amnesia.
Hyperdimension Neptunia V mainly in an alt dimension.
Star Ocean 2 starts with Claude getting mysteriously teleported to another world as well.
Myst (1993) starts with your character reading a book and getting transported once they reach the end.
FF14 had the original world destroyed and all the players transported to another world.
Core Keeper has your character get transported right from the start to another world/underground area.

The harem part is the trick I suppose. Technically you could get a harem in FF14, but that requires you to rizz other players to make it.

WinterTimeCrime

Aggressive-Loving Snowflake
It would be mundane to do so.

The idea or concept of being sent to another world is usually forgotten for exploring the new environment, especially in anime or LitRPGs. Why make an "isekai" game when you can make a "fantasy" or "action" title and save some money hiring writers and script directors for the first 10min plot of the game? The isekai trope only works in LNs and anime, where the consumers come for the character development, and the worldbuilding can be mediocre or somewhat creative at the expense of being generic, while video games focus on immersion and environmental interaction.

dummycake

Already daydreamed about this interaction
I deleted my post accidentally...
With all the usual tropes like being overpowered and having a harem.
It's not really Isekai but you can make a harem of customizable characters in Dragon's Dogma.
They fight with you but I don't think you can kiss them or anything.
You can throw them off a cliff though

Theirl

SHHS detainee no. 0004
literally the latest digimon game is an isekai, but i guess u mean an isekai like the novels