Why is china single-handled carrying the yuri genre and why are korean novels so good

• Thread starter Deleted member 133647
  • Start date

Temple

They usually have cooler MCs, in both appearances and personalities. Japanese MCs are... well, it depends on the story, I suppose.
Just generalizing, but I noticed that Korean MCs are already cool by default, like ex-military, martial artist, stuff like that, before they gain powers or whatever the story needs. In comparison, Japanese MCs are losers before they gain powers. Probably because of culture.

Just generalizing, but I noticed that Korean MCs are already cool by default, like ex-military, martial artist, stuff like that, before they gain powers or whatever the story needs. In comparison, Japanese MCs are losers before they gain powers. Probably because of culture.
Supply and demand, I suppose.

In the 90s to 00s there were fair share of jap mc that was "cool" on the get go.

Also due to the military training thing in korean, it resonate particullay well with local audiences to have some military back ground in the setting, I imagine.

WarJoy

And Japanese MCs are losers by character. Mild, not aggressive, scared of fighting or any confronation. Those are traits from the mass produced isekai thrash, tho, there are many that are more interesting.