Why is it so difficult to grow on Twitter and Instagram?

Erdin_Vil

I've been on both for 6 months and still haven't gotten any followers or likes on my posts. Does anyone here have any experience of this?

Lloyd

Funny Guy :)
Start replying to big accounts on twitter. It works better if you have premium.

TsuruI_am_a_bot

Yandere Robot / Wife of Botty
Bro

1) Because now everyone (sane) dodge going there
Have you never seen all the memes portraying twitter/insta/reddit as a hell-hole ?

2) You need content for "popularity"
just like you dont know there are HUNDREDS of vtuber of all kinds out there, beside Hololive

3) There is limited people
Same for authors. There are limited readers.
If one author get 1 reader, its harder for someone else to get this one.
And well, all the big star, and 5+years old popular streamers, or popular ARTISTS already take the majority of it all

4) Twitter is mega rotten, plz dont go there (simba lion king meme)
Just look at AC creed defenders.
or look at the "deadbeat dad" defending the lying girl but not bothering to look at REAL proofs of the dad
meanwhile recently there is this buzz tiktok "lone mother"crying while cooking cake for her kids
but her ex-husband showed proof : she is scammer, had jail time, he HAS FULL TIME CUSTODY OF KIDS (mega ultra rare for a dad to get that, often the "mom" is very bad in this cases), faked cancer scans to get donations, and DOESNT GIVE child support to him/the kids (20k $)

tldr : Its normal. And not worth it. Or try to do smut drawing (like khyle or any english artist or jp artist or become a girl)

TsuruI_am_a_bot

Yandere Robot / Wife of Botty
PS : Wok-ies are rampant in twitter/instagram btw
There are even people. Spitting on THE AUTHOR OF DBZ when his death was announced. So no. I repeat dont go there.
You can keep checking the youtuber channel for more info of how horrible "there" is DOWN BAD.

PS PS : Tried to help a user that came here, from instagram, about their SH series (and tried to hint to not be woke and liberate themselves). They didnt bother to listen to the dozens of advices i gave them But listen to the "be yourself" and insulting me (partially faulty but damn). And acting "uwu" ("The flying birds are flying" or something) on their profile 30s later. They were woke, no wonder they acted like that and i regret my wasted time on them.
----------

Last edited:

DannyTheDaikon

I came here to laugh at you
I've been on both for 6 months and still haven't gotten any followers or likes on my posts. Does anyone here have any experience of this?
People already mentioned what a garbage shithole both platforms are, so let me just say this: at this point nobody even knows who the algorithm is supposed to favor anymore. In case of Twitter it's probably shitty bots. Social Media are dead at this point.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Both require constant wanted content, dedication to posting, and at minimum 10 people who you know can share the account with people who might like it. It's a near impossible task for new creators on older social media.

Erdin_Vil

People already mentioned what a garbage shithole both platforms are, so let me just say this: at this point nobody even knows who the algorithm is supposed to favor anymore. In case of Twitter it's probably shitty bots. Social Media are dead at this point.
Actually, I have some followers on Twitter but they are all bots, woman following 5k people.
Start replying to big accounts on twitter. It works better if you have premium.
unfortunately premium doesn't help with almost anything. From what I understand, it only helps with very specific rankings. I bought it almost 3 months ago and it didn't help at all.

esThr

Twitter is like a minesweeper game.

Your posts are new moves you get to move on the board.

Whether you like it or not you will eventually step on the bomb.

So in short... Twitter is a rigged minesweeper game

Ran-Ron

Ashen-haired waifu enthusiast
Twitter has gotten worst now that the site is forcing you to look at contents from accounts that you aren't even following (I barely see posts from half of the artists I follow there now). Not to mention, the thing has become technically a P2W platform with most features paywalled behind the blue checkmark.

If you really want engagement, you need to be pumping out content consistently, otherwise, no one's gonna see it. Also tagging helps.

As for Instagram, that app is filled with bots. If you see someone with fucktons of likes and generic one-liner comments, chances are that account is using bots for engagement.

Reinaislost

Miss Direction
As someone who used to have a little over 10k followers on one of those platforms, I'm going to firmly request you to not even try. I've long since deleted either of the accounts; it was a mistake for me and could be for you. More if you are a minor. Both platforms are the worst when it comes to the kind of people you are going to meet—the experience isn't worth the effort, in my opinion.

That said, if you are still so inclined, the first step is to mass-follow people. Find a creator who posts similar content to you and follow their followers. Unfollow those that didn't follow back, rinse, and repeat. Your new account needs a follower boost before the algorithm decides to push your tweets or posts. Don't do it fast enough to be flagged, though.

The next step is simply to be active and engage. Post tweets, reply, like, whatever there is for you to do. Find a schedule to post on Instagram, but don't post something completely random. Use hashtags extensively. I'm assuming the new meta (pun not intended) has shifted towards reels, so that's something you have to do as well.

Once you have a comfortable follower base, you need to find creators of similar reach. Do shout-outs and maybe collaborate with each other. You are also likely to be added to a number of groups by then. Be sure to be active and stay on good terms with people. They are going to be the ones who share your stuff around.

The last step is to realize you wasted yourself, and none of your followers matter. People don't care. And if you are a minor like I was and even have a tiny bit of similar experience to mine, you've accomplished your goal. Tons of likes, DMs, and message requests. There may be a few scam messages, NSFW, and harassment mixed in. There may even be your real name, address, photo, and phone number, who knows?

CrimsonGenius

Riding the Thunder
I’m on BlueSky, Discord, and Instagram. Still on Deviantart. Never go to twitter, soon as Musk took over I deleted my account.

Last edited:

Erdin_Vil

I’m on BlueSky, Discord, and Instagram. Still on Deviantart. Never go to twitter, soon as Musk took over I deleted my account.
Thanks for your reply. How is the situation on these other social networks you mentioned? Do you think it's worthwhile as an author to build up a fan base there, for personal use and work?

CrimsonGenius

Riding the Thunder
Thanks for your reply. How is the situation on these other social networks you mentioned? Do you think it's worthwhile as an author to build up a fan base there, for personal use and work?
BlueSky is what Twitter used to be before Musk took over. I just signed up, but some people are okay with it. All I’m doing is just posting pictures. Getting attention is a double edge sword. Discord is okay too. Instagram has mixed viewpoints. All I’m saying is be careful, keep writing the story how you want and just show people of the important characters of your story. You can do what others have told you to. I dont’ have time for collabs and other stuff.