Why you must play 'Lord of Heroes'

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
SEOUL, South Korea and SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 7, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Clovergames has released Lord of Heroes worldwide on September 7th., the Mobile RPG known for immersive story and attractive characters.
Lord of Heroes has been introduced on several social media by Crunchyroll, one of the biggest American anime, manga streaming websites, and have gotten high expectations from the market ever since. The game has successfully reached over 2 million pre-registered players from 143 countries including the United States, Brazil, France and Russia.

'Lord of Heroes' Launches Worldwide on September 7

Lord of Heroes is an RPG game which has a storyline of recruiting heroes while expanding the territories and revolutionizing the world. Moreover, it does not include any discriminative content such as gender, race, religion and age. It has received a lot of attention from various players, especially from generation Z.
Last March, Lord of Heroes was pre-released in the Republic of Korea, and was featured in both Google Playstore and Appstore. Users gave high credits to the immersive story and recruitable characters without any random factors. Lord of Heroes has been reviewed by 51k users and reached an average score of 4.7 from both stores. Lord of Heroes will be available globally in 8 languages, including high-quality localization for English, German, Italian, French, Russian, and more.
Lord of Heroes is now available for both Android and Apple iOS. More information can be found at Lord of Heroes Official Facebook page, including a special pre-registration coupon which contains Gold, Mystic Soulstone and Random Artifact Box.

Founded in 2018 by a former VP of SMARTSTUDY (maker of Monster Super League), Clover Games managed to attract around USD 9 million of investment during its early days. From what we can see from the debut game trailer, Lord of Heroes has a focus on collecting characters, with the combat system utilizing the familiar “stand still and use skill” format.

Clover Games claim that characters will not be obtained through the vicious gacha cycle, but apparently purchasable as a full character or obtained through gameplay. This is somewhat similar to what Heroes X Academy is offering for a non-gacha character system. Hopefully this feature will become a trend in 2020! Lord of Heroes enters its first “Frontier Test” later this month in South Korea with an eye for a future global launch. Stay tuned!

Impressions after a day or two of playing:

Gameplay:

• Turn-based RPG combat similar to SW or E7. One difference is that your team can change formations, which changes the amount of units in the frontline/backline, enemy target focuses, and passive buffs to units (ex. burst formation is 1 front 4 back, fills the burst gauge [character special skill] more quickly)
  • 3 Campaign difficulties, with hard unlocked after normal, elite unlocked after hard. After completing a region, you can send units there on expeditions (afk questing) where they will come back after x time having earned some exp and items. Progressing in campaign also unlocks certain characters for free.
  • PVP screen shows 7 opponents for you to choose from to fight which you can refresh. You can't put defending heroes into your offense team... but you can remove them temporarily to use them when attacking and then set them back to the defense team when you're done with literally no cooldown or repercussions, making the restriction pointless/annoying. Not sure what's up with that. From what I can tell, PVP simply gives you gold rewards per battle and increases your ranking, which gives you crystal rewards each week. Doesn't appear to be a PVP point shop or anything unless I've missed it.
  • Dungeons: There are special dungeons for specific gear sets (like stun set) and for various ascending/promoting materials.
  • Alliance Raid: Not released yet, but seems to be Guild Boss/Guild War?
Characters/Gear:

• Characters start at either *3 or *4 with fire, water, earth, dark, or light elements. Some characters have elemental variations (Not a fan, personally.)
  • Characters are acquired through story, or purchase with 3,000 crystals, 6,000 crystals, or Renown (I think it's called) from campaign clears
  • EXP pots/battling gives a unit EXP. Units can be promoted and ascended with materials from dungeons (no fodder farming here.)
  • Units have a weapon, chest, glove, boot, ring, and necklace slot, and gear has set bonuses for additional stats.
  • Gear comes from special dungeons or farmed more specifically from a region where x region drops x set. Gear gets a new substat every 4 upgrades, the usual shtick. You can also get gear from the gacha, which has a general gacha and banners specific to a class/element, or from the mystic shop (gold shop).
Pricing:

• Honor's Club (Monthly sub pack): $4
    • 750 crystals instantly
    • 3000 energy per day
    • 10% more gold from runs
    • 10% off mystic shop purchases
  • Release packs: $1, $4, $9:
    • About 60%+ off compared to straight diamond purchses, but include some energy/gold/exp pots as well.
  • Character packs: $45
    • Seem kind of like the Newly Released Unit packs from King's raid? Character, 6* Artifact, 1,500 Crystals, Exp pots, Gear, etc.
  • Packs for Skill enhancements/Class Ascension Materials: $45 (on the character recruitment page these show as $55,000 lmao)
  • Highest Price in the store is $45
  • For perspective: A 10x gear pull is 1,500 crystals. A character recruitment is 3,000 or 6,000 Crystals. Quests cost 300 energy per run.
Ads: (Since it is a popular topic lately)

• There is one Ad spot in the game inside the mystic shop. The ad refreshes along with the shop every hour, and generally gives either energy or exp pots. From what I can tell, the first slot of the Mystic shop is always an item for an ad.
  • Also, haven't experience any pack pop-ups upon login so far.
Thoughts:

• I'm really liking this game. The artstyle drew me in initially, and having combat similar to E7 but without fodder farming/character gacha is something I'm really enjoying. The main downside is that most of the other players are (obviously) Korean, so the chat/character reviews are incomprehensible to me. For that alone I will most likely stop playing soon and wait for a Global release, but for those that want to play now I will say that there doesn't seem to be any lag or other issues that stem from this not being Global aside from those I just mentioned. Overall, would recommend giving this game a chance.

Sources:
https://www.reddit.com/r/gachagaming/comments/fpal8p
Related Links:

I've come to introduce a progressing masterpiece by Clover Games and in hopes of attracting more gacha players to the fray, I've created a some-sort copy-pasted news and mechanics to mildly introduce you to the world of Lord of Heroes. As one of the top players, I've come to say that it's a really difficult game, and without knowing any basic tips and tricks from other sources of the platform. Your experience might be ruined.

MasterHiatus

I am back
Fool, I am now a Gacha gamer and I have to say, I am interested... Might as well give it a try. If this game make me broke, this is quality

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
Fool, I am now a Gacha gamer and I have to say, I am interested... Might as well give it a try. If this game make me broke, this is quality

You're in for a ride.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
고마워요 창 씨

귀하의 계정에 20 개의 소셜 크레딧 포인트가 입금되었습니다.

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
maaan, I lied, this is too powerful. I need someone to stop me playing gacha games or else, I might go broke and homeless
Just don't use moneyz, ez. I was top of EU just behind some whales in Hi3 and people were so salty with me saving gems and getting only monthly sub. As we say, git gud.

Unfortunately, when you are writing and studying, there's no more time for stuff like minmaxing and micromanaging an account again, and I always end up doing that, so I'll stick to Genshin for the next year. The skill ceiling is also quite good there. Not as good as in Hi3, but decent.