Will I get sued?

doravg

106/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
Will I get sued if I use an undead Lichking, who has an army of various undead creatures, read zombies, vampires, ghouls, ghosts, and toxic slimes? I mean, ASOIF did it first.

doravg

106/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
Ideas can't be copyrighted. So you are fine. Just don't copy names and you will be totally fine.
I won't be plagiarizing ASOIF. For one, I won't be focusing on nobility, rather on Adventurer's. For another, there will be magical creatures, and normal humans will know about them from the start. Also, I don't intend to use any prophesies, but rather a soulmate bond which can be deadly. (The Lichking can only be killed by the other part of his soul, hence the BL element.)

Zero300

Every story is part of a world, whether it be of the same world as others or parallel worlds…just assume your story to be of a parallel world where there is a Lichking but maybe it’s female or whatever.

a song of ice and fire
OHhh.... Thank you!

Here have a cat

l8rose

Perpetually Positively Pondering
You won't get sued. Vecna from D&D is like the 1970s (he's just called a Lich ruler though) and the dude from Martin's works isn't considered a Lich anyway (doesn't exist in the books and Night King in the show). Now if you were making something that functioned identically to the Lich King from WoW, they'd sue the pants off you.