wordcount++

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
Have you ever found yourself staring at a blank page, desperately trying to meet the minimum word count for your essay? Well, fear not! Today, I invite you to embark on a whimsical journey into the enchanting realm of "Wordcount++."

Legend has it that within the vast expanse of academia, a curious scholar stumbled upon an ancient manuscript called "The Lexicon of Loquacity." This mystical tome concealed the secret of Wordcount++, eagerly waiting to be discovered by countless students yearning to fill the void left by their meager word counts. It was whispered that by invoking the magical incantation "wordcount++," a writer's word count would multiply exponentially, as if touched by the wand of an imaginative wizard.

As aspiring writers embraced this incantation, a mix of trepidation and hope filled their hearts. With every utterance of "wordcount++," their essays expanded, swelling to glorious lengths that even the most demanding professors couldn't ignore.

Mastering the art of Wordcount++ requires a delicate balance between elegance and flamboyance. It involves embracing phrases such as "it can be argued that," "in essence," and "without further ado" as sacred mantras.
Adjectives and adverbs, once used sparingly, became the lifeblood of every sentence, infusing color and depth into otherwise ordinary passages. Through this linguistic alchemy, even the simplest of ideas could be adorned with a cloak of verbosity, transforming them into captivating symphonies of words.

Skillful practitioners have honed the art of wandering through tangents, exploring every nook and cranny of their subject matter. They embellish their prose with anecdotes, historical references, and philosophical musings, often venturing far from the main point. While some may argue that this indulgence leads to irrelevance, the Wordcount++ aficionado knows that every detour adds to the grand tapestry of their essay.

For example,
def count_words(text):
words = text.split()
word_count = len(words)
return word_count

text = "your word count is lower than your body count."

word_count = count_words(text)
print("The word count is:", word_count)
— Tsun Zu

Seaspecter

I've been told I'm too wordy and need to cut back so I believe I'd need wordcount - -

Motsu

I've been told I'm too wordy and need to cut back so I believe I'd need wordcount - -
it's okay because from a legit article that I read, people who are too wordy needs to go outside so i think touching grass can help

Seaspecter

it's okay because from a legit article that I read, people who are too wordy needs to go outside so i think touching grass can help
It doesn't, at least not for me, I spend a great deal of time outdoors doing all kinds of outdoorsy things.

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian
— Tsun Zu

This is a false romanisation if her actual name, Meredith "Tsun" Sue. She was a grandmaster of both Path of Tsun and Path of Dere, using the second to charm the people and the first to viciously cut down any who stood in her way.

You have no idea how many times in revision my word count would drop. Like, damn.

Active voice and fancy thesaurus words tend to help with that. Though, dont overuse the thesaurus, it is a pathway for many phrasings some may consider... unnatural.

Motsu

It doesn't, at least not for me, I spend a great deal of time outdoors doing all kinds of outdoorsy things.
so the legit article isn't so legit after all - maybe you just have the nerd vibe like y'know for example, ur friend talks to you about ur favorite stuff and then u start talking for 30 minute, that kinda vibe

Seaspecter

You have no idea how many times in revision my word count would drop. Like, damn.

Active voice and fancy thesaurus words tend to help with that. Though, dont overuse the thesaurus, it is a pathway for many phrasings some may consider... unnatural.
I try not to use the thesaurus to much I mean my book is filled with er salt of the earth kinds of peoples if you know what I mean.

Motsu

This is a false romanisation if her actual name, Meredith "Tsun" Sue. She was a grandmaster of both Path of Tsun and Path of Dere, using the second to charm the people and the first to viciously cut down any who stood in her way.
I have no idea. I believe Tsun Zu is a single dad who is adopted based on the bible from 1842.

Seaspecter

so the legit article isn't so legit after all - maybe you just have the nerd vibe like y'know for example, ur friend talks to you about ur favorite stuff and then u start talking for 30 minute, that kinda vibe
I'm a huge nerd, but I'm also a beer drinking hillbilly kind of weird but it is what it is.

melchi

What is a custom title?
I cringe at how we still require people to learn academic writing. By the time I got comfortable doing it I took a technical writing class where they said to forget everything from our academic writing stuff, all those rules should be thrown out.

What makes a good technical document? Little words.

Pictures and diagrams are much better.

I thought this was silly and no one would agree but then I realized that the assembly instruction from some off brand furniture had only pictures, numbers and letters. Perfection.

Motsu

Moral of the lesson: novels -> manga/comic