World domination with low-tier powers

RootBeerBert

Was definitely popular growing up
I’m wondering, whether it be world domination or defeating the bbeg, if you guys could take over your verse with the shittiest powers in it. And I don’t mean JP LN “shitty” where they’re only trash on the surface level, I mean they’re actually bad and you need to be creative with them to do anything.

Jerynboe

My knowledge of the ‘verse and plot would be dramatically more useful than my contribution to any combat environment and my best strategy would be to shack up with a major character that would take me seriously long enough to prove my intel is good.
That said, my current story uses an actual ttrpg as the basis for its system so I’m enjoying the mental image of getting isekaied, finding out I have a system, and then learning that my character sheet was made as deliberately bad as possible. I even started scrolling through the spell list to choose the most awful spells possible.
Flashing bright lights in peoples eyes (not enough to seriously blind them, just like… sun in their eyes for a few seconds), making one instrument sound like any other instrument (trumpets sound like pianos etc), and hiding minor injuries with magic (not healing or even masking the pain. Just making the injury itself invisible). Fear me.

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
I’m wondering, whether it be world domination or defeating the bbeg, if you guys could take over your verse with the shittiest powers in it. And I don’t mean JP LN “shitty” where they’re only trash on the surface level, I mean they’re actually bad and you need to be creative with them to do anything.
The shittiest powers in my verse haven't been really explored... The main character is on the levels of the power hierarchy where everyone has something unique and powerful.

Technically, if I have the fortune of Lady Luck herself, then I would be able to take over my verse with the shittiest powers in it. All powers, however sucky they are, can grow and evolve. So if I can survive my failures at improving the skills, all of the natural disasters, survive all of my attempts at creativity, etc, I could.

That could is doing a helluva lot of work though!

For example, manipulating Storm Essence. If I got stuck with that, I might genuinely cry. You might think it sounds hella powerful... And it is!... When you have obscene amounts of stats.
Stats that you can only obtain if you had actually good magic or the luck of the gods. Stats that already put you on par with peak Magical Guardians (the measuring stick of the world. If you are below the weakest Magical Girl, you are chaff, if you are above, then you maaaybe could be above chaff).

I do have plans to get around it if I have the plot armor of ten protagonists, and the intelligence of top-tier villains.

• I would have to devote my life to the Storm. Swear a binding oath with numerous restrictions that severely hamper life quality. One such restriction would be to constantly search for stormy weather so I can live, sleep, and eat exposed to stormy weather for majority of my life. So if I don't die to lightning, hypothermia, or what-have-you, then cool beans!
  • Earn all money through weather-related jobs (this can via killing). There are ways to make this easy, but that's why there are more restrictions.
  • Earn the money to tattoo your whole body and face in storm-related iconography.
  • Marry yourself to the Storm, and swear a vow of chastity unless it is with a literal storm. *eyebrow waggles*
  • Devise lightning-, water-, snow-, air-, and earthquake-related traps to kill people and monsters, all while having zero powers of your own. Kill them in the name of the Storm. In other words, become a powerless serial killer and go on a murder spree. Do not consciously discriminate between innocence or guilt.
  • Ritualize the murders in the name of the Storms, using symbols of the Storm.
  • Obtain Storm Essence alchemical reagents and perform human experiments on others. Then perform it on yourself.
  • Memorize all weather- and climate-based research.
  • Find as much research of magical weather phenomenon as you can.
  • Improve your basic magic capabilities as high as you can, going through a litany of possibilities.
I can go on and on and on. And I would need to as well. This list needs to be at least five times the length to start even hoping I could use Storm Essence to any level of effectiveness.

If you have not truly gotten the gist of how bad these powers, the truly shitty powers require you to be deity-level in strength to use them to any degree of effectiveness.

2wordsperminute

There aren't really any bad powers in my verse. Any powerful power also has drawbacks or restrictions, so you can't really rely on a strong power in order to always win (one exception which also burns through lifespan quickly, plus physical strength nearly has no limiter).

It would be hard to conquer the whole planet, but small stretches of the world have been conquered before. And the weakest power is still a power, so it's good enough to take over a part of the world.

Glitched

Moth Mommy
Yeah you'd have to be omnipotent to conquer my universe. If there was a level system where 16/20 represented gods, my mc will cap out at ~11-13. And she's broken af. Shitty powers would never work.

SsemouyOnan

Scientific Witchery
Even with the strongest powers it's literally impossible given how I wrote the cosmology. Locally however, sure, just put me in one of the universes that :
a. Isn't infinite in some way
b. Doesn't have characters with absolute control over it
c. Where the quality of powers aren't the deciding factor in all conflicts

The first thing that comes to mind is a closed off universe(as in, no local multiverses) the size of a living room where I'm the only being inside! Forget shitty powers, I don't even need a power. World domination achieved in 0s. :cool:

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
They'd kill everything that isn't them and reanimate them to be slaves

J_Chemist

No, you could not.

The "shittiest" powers are normal people and they would be eaten by Goblins by sun down if they started in the afternoon.

fluffypie374

Could BeerBeer be asking for something like Doomsday: I Have One More Keyword Than Others? :blob_evil: It's a machine translated novel out there somewhere, creative use of trashy keywords later on in the story...

Notadate

Making people violent shit themselves if in my line of site
The shittiest powers in my verse haven't been really explored... The main character is on the levels of the power hierarchy where everyone has something unique and powerful.

Technically, if I have the fortune of Lady Luck herself, then I would be able to take over my verse with the shittiest powers in it. All powers, however sucky they are, can grow and evolve. So if I can survive my failures at improving the skills, all of the natural disasters, survive all of my attempts at creativity, etc, I could.

That could is doing a helluva lot of work though!

For example, manipulating Storm Essence. If I got stuck with that, I might genuinely cry. You might think it sounds hella powerful... And it is!... When you have obscene amounts of stats.
Stats that you can only obtain if you had actually good magic or the luck of the gods. Stats that already put you on par with peak Magical Guardians (the measuring stick of the world. If you are below the weakest Magical Girl, you are chaff, if you are above, then you maaaybe could be above chaff).

I do have plans to get around it if I have the plot armor of ten protagonists, and the intelligence of top-tier villains.

• I would have to devote my life to the Storm. Swear a binding oath with numerous restrictions that severely hamper life quality. One such restriction would be to constantly search for stormy weather so I can live, sleep, and eat exposed to stormy weather for majority of my life. So if I don't die to lightning, hypothermia, or what-have-you, then cool beans!
  • Earn all money through weather-related jobs (this can via killing). There are ways to make this easy, but that's why there are more restrictions.
  • Earn the money to tattoo your whole body and face in storm-related iconography.
  • Marry yourself to the Storm, and swear a vow of chastity unless it is with a literal storm. *eyebrow waggles*
  • Devise lightning-, water-, snow-, air-, and earthquake-related traps to kill people and monsters, all while having zero powers of your own. Kill them in the name of the Storm. In other words, become a powerless serial killer and go on a murder spree. Do not consciously discriminate between innocence or guilt.
  • Ritualize the murders in the name of the Storms, using symbols of the Storm.
  • Obtain Storm Essence alchemical reagents and perform human experiments on others. Then perform it on yourself.
  • Memorize all weather- and climate-based research.
  • Find as much research of magical weather phenomenon as you can.
  • Improve your basic magic capabilities as high as you can, going through a litany of possibilities.
I can go on and on and on. And I would need to as well. This list needs to be at least five times the length to start even hoping I could use Storm Essence to any level of effectiveness.

If you have not truly gotten the gist of how bad these powers, the truly shitty powers require you to be deity-level in strength to use them to any degree of effectiveness.
I fucked a storm lady, it was electrifying if you know what I mean, and now I have powers

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Is being really good at public speaking a super power?

Aader

I am too old for this shit.
Perfectly honest with you when I say, with access to the right tools, I could take over any civilization

Yule

Snowdrop
If I get to keep all my knowledge of the verse, then that's already a really broken power (omniscience), and a total takeover is probably doable without anything else. I just need to go to the right places, say the right words, do the right things, and...ta-dah, mission complete.

melchi

What is a custom title?
Why you gotta bash failure frame? 😥