Would anyone be interested in a story based on Hypixel's Bedwars?

Aurimasp

As the title says, I'm wondering if a story based on Hypixel's Bedwars* would do any good on Scribble Hub? :blob_hmm_two:

*Bedwars is a Minecraft minigame originally made by the largest server, Hypixel. You can queue into a game of solos, duos, trios, and squads. The entire goal of the minigame is to break all of the enemy team's beds and eliminate them for good.

I have already thought of ways to integrate real-life aspects into a blocky world. Though the end goal for the main character would be to escape these endless matches, so I decided to add Gods and Demons to the story. It'll be Gods and Demons sponsoring the players with coins and hopefully in the end, using one of the Gods, the main character leaves this world and returns to Earth.
The coins are useful because the in-story server will be insanely pay-to-win with damage-increasing upgrades and such.

Those interested in such a story, please leave some opinions and maybe even ideas to add! :blob_reach:

Attachments

• cover.png.png
    cover.png.png
    138.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

FluffyGura

At this point integrating sci fi elements would make it more interesting

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Why?

Why is the main character in the endless matches? Why would they want to escape from immortality?

TremendousHuman

Deleteriously devilish, deliciously dumbfounding
Write if you like it. Though if your story is so straightforward that you outright spoil the plot here I doubt I'll want to read it

Claryie

Personally, I'm probably going to like it.
Although, I'm curious about how the characters buy items from shops. Do they still have generators in their base? Do ems and dias exist? Or just these 'coins'?
Anyways, as this is based on the hypixel bedwars, what about the ender dragons that will spawn?
the end goal for the main character would be to escape these endless matches
So there is no lobby ?

Last edited:

Aurimasp

Although, I'm curious about how the characters buy items from shops. Do they still have generators in their base? Do ems and dias exist? Or just these 'coins'?
Everything in the original minigame is there.
The coins, just like in Hypixel, are only used in the Bedwars hub, but here, instead of cosmetics you can buy upgrades.
So there is no lobby ?
There is only the Bedwars hub. The winner of the match gets transported back to here.

Though the permanent death aspect will definitely create some problems regarding the quickly depleting number of players, so I've come up with a gulag-like system for the permanently dead players to have a second chance.
Though if your story is so straightforward that you outright spoil the plot here I doubt I'll want to read it
Haha, will have to think of ways to circumvent this quite shallow plot. Thank you for pointing that out. :blob_sweat:
Why is the main character in the endless matches?
Will have to find out!
Why would they want to escape from immortality?
It's not immortality if the person still ages though, is it? And it does get quite intense even after a few matches of Bedwars, so I imagine leaving this hell would be a great relief for the MC!

Last edited:

doravg

136/4001 (finally counted the stories)
This is Scribble hub. The people here troll on principle. Don't take their answers to heart.

As for your question: Do you write for us, or for yourself? You will find readers, don't worry! Now give life to your idea! It sounds original, which most of the Isekai and Litrpg crowd can't say about themselves. (As someone who wrote isekai as well, and recently too, I can say I am being honest with myself. Isekai and Litrpg can be interesting, but most of the people write them from a formula. I had a free feedback thread once, and I can tell you, that if I got one ko-fi for every cookie cutter isekai, I would be rich now.)

K5Rakitan

Level 35 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Sounds kinky! Do you think it's easier to break a bed while tied to it, or freestyle?

Claryie

Everything in the original minigame is there.
The coins, just like in Hypixel, are only used in the Bedwars hub, but here, instead of cosmetics you can buy upgrades.

There is only the Bedwars hub. The winner of the match gets transported back to here.

Though the permanent death aspect will definitely create some problems regarding the quickly depleting number of players, so I've come up with a gulag-like system for the permanently dead players to have a second chance.

Haha, will have to think of ways to circumvent this quite shallow plot. Thank you for pointing that out. :blob_sweat:

Will have to find out!

It's not immortality if the person still ages though, is it? And it does get quite intense even after a few matches of Bedwars, so I imagine leaving this hell would be a great relief for the MC!
So, tnt jumps and fireball jumps will exist?
By the way, if things in the game still exist, wouldn't fire balls be really OP? After all, It isn't that easy to actually deflect a ball of fire thrown your way using your bare hands(or swords if you have them, but it would still be hard).

Last edited:

Aurimasp

After all, It isn't that easy to actually deflect a ball of fire thrown your way using your bare hands(or swords if you have them, but it would still be hard).
Looking at the sprite, it appears to be a solid object (I understand there's no sprite for a ball of fire, but it would still make some sense), so strike it with your sword like a baseball, haha.
So, tnt jumps and fireball jumps will exist?
They do make an explosion, so it is theoretically possible (if you ignore your lost limbs and the leg-breaking fall damage later.)

Claryie

Looking at the sprite, it appears to be a solid object (I understand there's no sprite for a ball of fire, but it would still make some sense), so strike it with your sword like a baseball, haha.

As for deflecting the fireball... I guess that's true. Although I think that if you were going to write a novel about this, it shouldn't be that easy ?
To make it a bit more realistic, you can make it so that players must buy a specific upgrade for their swords that allow their swords to deflect fireballs, or just make it such that only swords that are stone swords and better can deflect the fireballs. After all, wood isn't exactly something that would be durable against fires.

Which brought me to thinking, should the swords have durability? Probably yes. The fact that swords can break, may actually add something to the realism and fun to the novel. For example, when someone's sword breaks and they had to continue fighting while using tools(E.g. a pickaxe), it would be a bit interesting to see how that plays out.
They do make an explosion, so it is theoretically possible (if you ignore your lost limbs and the leg-breaking fall damage later.)
Although it is true that they may lose their limbs, it can be useful to escape. about the consequences, after a few matches they'll probably get used to the pain so they can just eat some gapples.

On another thought, would shields exist? If you want to add some more fighting styles, then probably shields should exist as it would add more elements to hand-to-hand combat.

By the way, for the process of bridging, or using blocks to fight, shouldn't you integrate sci-fi stuff for that? I think it would be good. Although, using magic to place blocks will not be a bad thing too.

An example of sci-fi block building: the players are given a special system that can be used for a lot of things. It can have the buildings function, compass function, inventory functions, and so on. For the buildings function, if the player choose the building function, maybe a 'block' symbol appears at their main hand, and their vision are enhanced with tactical information on where the building materials can be placed.

When switching to equipping something like a sword, the light fades, and a [wooden/stone/iron/diamond] sword materializes in their main hand.

Just an Idea tho

Last edited:

ManwX

Im from a Timeline where nuclear war destroyed all
Honestly not for me. Sounds very meh. Just my opinion. If you want definitely write it.

Claryie

Honestly not for me. Sounds very meh. Just my opinion. If you want definitely write it.
No offense but, what is 'meh' about it? I'm very interested, as knowing the reason behind the disinterest might be the key to knowing how to make the story better

Last edited:

heyush

As the title says, I'm wondering if a story based on Hypixel's Bedwars* would do any good on Scribble Hub? :blob_hmm_two:

*Bedwars is a Minecraft minigame originally made by the largest server, Hypixel. You can queue into a game of solos, duos, trios, and squads. The entire goal of the minigame is to break all of the enemy team's beds and eliminate them for good.

I have already thought of ways to integrate real-life aspects into a blocky world. Though the end goal for the main character would be to escape these endless matches, so I decided to add Gods and Demons to the story. It'll be Gods and Demons sponsoring the players with coins and hopefully in the end, using one of the Gods, the main character leaves this world and returns to Earth.
The coins are useful because the in-story server will be insanely pay-to-win with damage-increasing upgrades and such.

Those interested in such a story, please leave some opinions and maybe even ideas to add! :blob_reach:
imo, it would depend on how you change it such that it becomes actually interesting.

After all, although it would be basically original, it would also need to be good.

ManwX

Im from a Timeline where nuclear war destroyed all
sorry
No offense but, what is 'meh' about it? I'm very interested, as knowing the reason behind the disinterest might be the key to knowing how to make the story better
Sometimes you just gotta figure that out by yourself

Claryie

sorry

Sometimes you just gotta figure that out by yourself
wow, thank you so much for the v e r y helpful remark :D. Although it is going to be a bit h a r d to figure out why y o u r opinion is 'm e h', since I can't read your mind, haha.

Aurimasp

To make it a bit more realistic, you can make it so that players must buy a specific upgrade for their swords that allow their swords to deflect fireballs, or just make it such that only swords that are stone swords and better can deflect the fireballs. After all, wood isn't exactly something that would be durable against fires.
Absolutely great idea! I was simply thinking of allowing any and all items to deflect fireballs, but making so that only swords with a specific upgrade can deflect them is an idea I'll have to implement. Can't decide if it should be an in-match upgrade or a perma upgrade.

Though, fireballs will be used a bit later in the story.

Which brought me to thinking, should the swords have durability? Probably yes. The fact that swords can break, may actually add something to the realism and fun to the novel. For example, when someone's sword breaks and they had to continue fighting while using tools(E.g. a pickaxe), it would be a bit interesting to see how that plays out.
Yup, you're absolutely right. Increasing the tension by a sword breaking mid-fight and having no choice, but to use a tool is a great idea.

Although it is true that they may lose their limbs, it can be useful to escape. about the consequences, after a few matches they'll probably get used to the pain so they can just eat some gapples.
After reading this paragraph, I've decided that the hit point system (hearts, in Minecraft) is not a hassle I'm interested in dealing with.
The players will slowly heal through their injuries (just like the small bit of consistent regeneration in bedwars). For example - a light bruise will be healed in a few seconds, similar to losing half a heart. But worse injuries, like losing a limb, is only healed after a few minutes, similar to losing most of your hearts in bedwars.
Gapples tremendously increase the natural healing speed for for 10 seconds, while giving you a temporary 'ethereal limb replacement'.

On another thought, would shields exist? If you want to add some more fighting styles, then probably shields should exist as it would add more elements to hand-to-hand combat.
Yes, they do, but I'm thinking of locking them behind a permanent upgrade.

By the way, for the process of bridging, or using blocks to fight, shouldn't you integrate sci-fi stuff for that? I think it would be good. Although, using magic to place blocks will not be a bad thing too.

An example of sci-fi block building: the players are given a special system that can be used for a lot of things. It can have the buildings function, compass function, inventory functions, and so on. For the buildings function, if the player choose the building function, maybe a 'block' symbol appears at their main hand, and their vision are enhanced with tactical information on where the building materials can be placed.

When switching to equipping something like a sword, the light fades, and a [wooden/stone/iron/diamond] sword materializes in their main hand.

Just an Idea tho
I'm thinking of making the block placing, as your idea states, a product of a sci-fi implant. Either in their brain or only in their eyes.
On command, you can view your inventory, where you can equip items. But due to the instantly available and non-movement-restricting nature of it, there would be no need for a hotbar in the traditional sense.

At all times, just like in Hypixel's bedwars, you are able to see the sidebar, where the other team's information is.

On the note of team information, the chat. In the novel, it doesn't exist. Only a kill and bed destruction log exists, while speaking is similar to a proximity voice chat mod.