Would you post on WebNovel?

Would you post on WebNovel?

• Total voters
I first started reading online with that site and always thought about it. I've been considering it now especially since one of my stories got a couple of chapters underneath its belt. Would you do it?

Daitengu

No.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Only if it is a story I specifically made for WN, knowing that I would be up for selling the IP off and made for the sole reason to bag a contract with WN.

MrPopocap

I first started reading online with that site and always thought about it. I've been considering it now especially since one of my stories got a couple of chapters underneath its belt. Would you do it?
If you want to post there, just go ahead. I post all my fanfic on WB and RR, and nothing wrong came out of that.

However, if your aim is to have a contract with them, the story is different. I mean, they are known to have horrible contracts that fuck over the writer, so.

If your goal is just to gain more readers or feedback, I say post it. And if they offer you a contract, just reject them, they can't force you to sign it.

Webnovel doesn't cather to the hobbyist writers, so nah
Well, if that's the case, it pretty much rules me out lol.
No.
That's rather... concerning
Only if it is a story I specifically made for WN, knowing that I would be up for selling the IP off and made for the sole reason to bag a contract with WN.
I see. That is pretty fair reasoning

BlissyMKW

If I didn't know anything about Webnovel, maybe. Since I do, however, absolutely not.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Most of the people that are here have been screwed over by webnovels at least once or was saved from an attempt by another. It's not a good site.

Suczka

No.
Wow I never thought about that.

lumiel

I did for my currently ongoing series since I'm curious about it. But I'm not interested to take the contract since afaik everyone who contracted should post new chapters everyday and I can't do that.

So I'll just post the updates at my own pace.

Paul_Michaels

Just a below average author.
I don't know how true this is. If someone has this information. I would definitely enjoy seeing it.

But the one thing that gives me a little reservation is hearing about them stealing (or copying) your novel if it has potential.

That's what some folks have said, but I don't have or seen any evidence if that's true. But they are a Hong Kong based business and sadly I've heard of they don't care about copyright unless it's a copyright they own.

I'd love to post my work on there cuz of the large user base. But I want to have all my ducks lined in a row before I even think about posting on there again.

Bloodbath_Voracity

I had a non-exclusive contract there when I was still young. Was stupid and reckless so I didn't read much of the terms but thankfully, NE isn't much valued there and thankfully, I was sensible enough to understand that if I start earning there (through paywall) I'll be putting myself at risk.

However, I contacted them for contract Termination and they're seriously delaying it for months now. It's obvious at this point, dunno what they're scheming though or whether it's all just a coincidence.

Lysander_Works

If you want to post there, just go ahead. I post all my fanfic on WB and RR, and nothing wrong came out of that.

However, if your aim is to have a contract with them, the story is different. I mean, they are known to have horrible contracts that fuck over the writer, so.

If your goal is just to gain more readers or feedback, I say post it. And if they offer you a contract, just reject them, they can't force you to sign it.

I was of the belief that posting anything on WebNovel means signing some contract at some point anyway, but I kind of had trouble figuring out their clunk site. It's always been a no for me, but I also never had any intention to sign anything like that. Are you implying that authors can post there for free and get free views without any contracts? And if so, is it worth it?

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
Probably not, their site is a pain to use with a screen reader, imo.