"Writing" a story by thinking

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
It's like dreams or disillusioned reality. I do it all the time, and by that, I mean creating visualized scenarios in my head before writing them with pinpoint accuracy.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I thought everyone did this. Do you also act the scenes out to better understand what you imagined and to flesh it out more?

J_Chemist

I play it all out in my head and write as fine details as necessary to paint the picture, so it's certainly a technique that helps. I do know that some people are unable to visualize images in their minds, though. Like words. When you think words, do you hear them? Or do they appear in your mind's eye and you read them? Or do you not see anything at all? The way we all think varies to a surprising degree.

I thought everyone did this. Do you also act the scenes out to better understand what you imagined and to flesh it out more?
Definitely not me running around my room swinging a wooden sword to make sure I'm properly putting motions/scenes together and trying out combos to make sure they're sensical.

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
Depends on what I've thought, but I usually try to become aware of the environment and what approach to narrate it appropriately. But different now, the words just comes with the scene.

Aaqil

Cookies!
Definitely not me running around my room swinging a wooden sword to make sure I'm properly putting motions/scenes together and trying out combos to make sure they're sensical.
Just remember to not replace your perceived surroundings with your imagination of your scenes surroundings, in a somewhat small area, :blob_cookie:

J_Chemist

Just remember to not replace your perceived surroundings with your imagination of your scenes surroundings, in a somewhat small area, :blob_cookie:
I may or may not have not once, but twice, taken out a lamp.

Not my best work.

SailusGebel

I'm definetely missing some kind of penis joke here. :blob_hmm_two:

ManwX

Im from a Timeline where nuclear war destroyed all
I just run a simulation 🗿.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I play it all out in my head and write as fine details as necessary to paint the picture, so it's certainly a technique that helps. I do know that some people are unable to visualize images in their minds, though. Like words. When you think words, do you hear them? Or do they appear in your mind's eye and you read them? Or do you not see anything at all? The way we all think varies to a surprising degree.

Trust me, I have two dedicated kendo sticks and multiple other weapons, fake and real, that I would practice the fight scenes out with. We are the same.
Depends on what I've thought, but I usually try to become aware of the environment and what approach to narrate it appropriately. But different now, the words just comes with the scene.
We are the same.

Narcissistic_loser

Aiming to be a better person.
I mostly just do my fight scenes and stuff hitting the air and jumping or something or sitting on a chair, when no one's around so I can word it better knowing what happens when my body moves that way

D

Deleted member 54065

It's like dreams or disillusioned reality. I do it all the time, and by that, I mean creating visualized scenarios in my head before writing them with pinpoint accuracy.
You're not alone brother.

Bobple

Depends, sometimes I picture the scene and play it out in my head sometimes I don't. Mostly depends if its necessary.

However, on the extreme end, sometimes I just go full story mode and just create scenario for the beginning of a story and let it play out in my head. Pausing and Resuming it whenever I'm not doing anything, then bam! After a week or a month my brain just created an entire story which it played to me.

Have never written a story that I've fully told to myself for entertainment purposes before, probably should one day cause all the details were already made.

DeviousColony69

Kinda cringe for common people cuz I "insert" myself in the story that I would make. "He's literally me!" moments, but in my case of writing, it's very useful.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
i can visualize out story stuff. my problem is converting those mind's eye visuals into words and chapters.