Writing Duel: Nash vs. LuoirM

Which writer will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
A battle between lowkey push-up god and the guy who wants "it" inside him. Who will win? It is your vote that will decide their fate!

Rules:
Theme: Smoke
Genre: Anything
Time: 30 minutes
Word Count: 250-500
Sauce: Extra Spicy

"I don't have one." by LuoirM
Serene panned her eyes around the empty dark room in anticipation for magic to happen, but all it did was remind her of the endless field, maybe one day someone would wait for her amongst the wheat, she hoped. But today the young woman slid a glass door open, making her way outside to witness the heights she was at, railings were installed to stop the intrusive thoughts, but she enjoyed it; the sense of imprisonment as she rested her head against them, having a view towards the darkness.

Many seconds later, with one final encouragement from her mind, she dropped down to the ground with a loud thud, letting the weights of the universe that she’s been carrying press heavy on her. She could not view the outside world sitting like this, but she found comfort staring at the walls, recognizing the patterns that meant nothing.

Serene closed her eyes as she held onto something, a cigarette, imagining herself underneath seagulls, listening to the unending waves that would wash her soul clean. Perhaps then, the night sky would not be as scary.

huff

With one long drag and a breath out, she stared at the puff of smoke that shaped into joy, sadness and love, before disappearing. One more time on her lips, she inhaled so much her lungs exploded into her reminiscence of the little things that never stayed. The puff of smoke didn’t mean anything now, they just appeared and disappeared like that, never besides her again.

"Smokey Little Shit V.0.5" by Nash
“Fuck, the ‘Smoker’ is here.”

Sho Moke is my name. I am half Japanese, as you can probably tell by how people treat me. People around me refer to me as "Smoker" because they find me repugnant.

My mere existence is enough to rot a person's will to live, because no one truly appreciates me for who I am other than the fact that I look fit to be smoked.

It was the way of society—smoke or be smoked, archaically speaking. People say my breath smells like tobacco because it contains 7,000 chemicals, the majority of which are toxic, according to the research they shoved in my face. Other than that, it was said that smoke is a suspension of airborne particulates and gases emitted when a material undergoes combustion or pyrolysis, together with the quantity of air that is entrained or otherwise mixed into the mass. It is commonly an unwanted by-product of fires (including stoves, candles, internal combustion engines, oil lamps, and fireplaces), but may also be used for pest control (fumigant), communication (smoke signals), defensive and offensive capabilities in the military (smoke screens), cooking, or smoking (tobacco, cannabis, etc.). It is used in rituals where incense, sage, or resin is burned to produce a smell for spiritual or magical purposes. It can also be a flavoring agent and preservative.

And yesterday, another person reported me to the police because I was harassing this person with cigarettes, which I had never had at all! Life was unfair. I knew after all the pain I've been through...

But I didn't have a choice because one man told me, "If you can't beat 'em, smoke 'em," so I did.

And everyone who got in my way was smoked, and I was forever known as the eternal smoke destroyer. One that many fear because I have the power to annihilate the small smokers that try to smoke me by smoking them.

All that must stand in my way will have no choice but to feel the smoke in me.

Last edited:

LuoirM

Voidiris' enthusiast feet enjoyer.
When I say I don't have a title, I didn't expect that to be title
By the way, what the fuck is your signature

doravg

104/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
Nash's writing made me giggle. I really needed that, with how tired I am. So, I voted Nash.

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
The writing duel is officially closed. No more votes, and the winner is none other than Nash. *claps