Xianxia meme

AYM

☯️This junior dares☯️
react184.png

LORD_SHAXX

Well it's xianxia why are you surprised. Also real talk can someone tell me the appeal of xianxia. I've tried to read it but man it was hard

WaterFish

Well it's xianxia why are you surprised. Also real talk can someone tell me the appeal of xianxia. I've tried to read it but man it was hard
It’s the juvenile joys of seeing people get punched in the face. The main character is oh-so-tragic with his million different scars from being an outcast. Then he gets superpowers and beats up everyone who ever hurt him.

That’s the gist of the majority: Power Fantasy.

As for those that are not, it’s about the unique ways the setting could make a story progress. A type of story filled with vivid descriptions of otherworldly mysteries and phenomena.

Rhaps

Master of Nightmare
The only appeal I see is the struggle and the rage bait, making you want to read more and more. Once you overcame the rage bait, there is nothing to read anymore.

Took me 1000+ manhua chapters to get to this point.

HungrySheep

I like yuri
I've seen over 10 morbillion variations of "MY DUAL CULTIVATION SYSTEM" novels.

prognastat

I think the correct way to look at it is like McDonald's is to food/restaurants.

It's safe(not talking about health here lol), familiar and abundant.

And when you find that one that changes at least a little bit about it then it's like having Wendy's or Burger King for a change.

TsuruI_am_a_bot

Crazy Nun Robot / Wife of Botty
I am a addict of Chinese novels.
And what you / and the majority of people don't know, is that the manhua and the stereotype of stories of being shit. Is now the past.

Just like me and you, english readers, the chinese readers became tired of this shitty tropes.
And now it's already being like 3+ years that "readers fed with shit" chose to write themselves (and bc they grew up) and write very interesting stories. BUT can't deny you can still see shit often.
Also the manhuas, like a chinese author said, its bc of capitalism, they chose to publish the shitty stories full of faceslap, BC MONEY for the retarded teens AND bc their work life is so depressing like a salaryman in japan, that they crave faceslap plots to vent.

TLDR : Now in 2023, the raw chinese novels, are so good, that some can easily rival manhwas or JP masterpieces like mushoku. Sadly, too bad start caused a stereotype. Pick, one novel on my forum profile that i recommended. BTW google translate received a bribe in 2020 coughcoronacough and it translate very easy chinese.
And for info, japanese WN are beginning to rot, copypaste of "op mc", with the exception of Frieren. While chinese novels are in "renaissance".
It’s the juvenile joys of seeing people get punched in the face. The main character is oh-so-tragic with his million different scars from being an outcast. Then he gets superpowers and beats up everyone who ever hurt him.

That’s the gist of the majority: Power Fantasy.

As for those that are not, it’s about the unique ways the setting could make a story progress. A type of story filled with vivid descriptions of otherworldly mysteries and phenomena.
The only appeal I see is the struggle and the rage bait, making you want to read more and more. Once you overcame the rage bait, there is nothing to read anymore.

Took me 1000+ manhua chapters to get to this point.
I've seen over 10 morbillion variations of "MY DUAL CULTIVATION SYSTEM" novels.
I think the correct way to look at it is like McDonald's is to food/restaurants.

It's safe(not talking about health here lol), familiar and abundant.

And when you find that one that changes at least a little bit about it then it's like having Wendy's or Burger King for a change.
Here an example, of "new gen" xianxia (and no longer shit faceslap, that even lot of chinese readers spurn on)

Manhua : https://mangarockteam.com/manga/i-just-dont-play-the-card-according-to-the-routine/
MTL : https://mtlnovel.me/info/i-just-wont-play-by-the-book/
RAWs : https://www.69shuba.com/book/32635/

Basically, MC get a system "giving choices" like Talk to this girl, Help her, go away. And of course op reward for talk/help.
but MC get the fk out of here.
A crying voice in a forest ? Get out of here.
Pretty Waifu junior sister ? Ignore her/them.
MC knows all the "tropes/cliches", bc like us, is a modern person that read novels in past life.
So know they are bad, and dodge them.

ps : the reward system is a help but also a trap bc bigger reward means high-chance-to-die, and vice versa. And help to know safest "route".
----------------------------------------------------------------
OR THIS series, popular in 2021, ranking 1 in raws
Manhua adapted, lazy to link.

MC rerolled his body talents for 15 years (bc its like rolling 3 dices of 20 and hoping to get 3x20, continuing even if getting 2 x 20)
At Ch15+, MC see a god-rank cub? Fck this, no way its that easy. Get away (and was truly a trap with op guardian beasts hidden nearby)
Ch20ish, MC is recommended a "adventure" of a cave nearby. Fck this, its probably a trope of a xianxia ambush. MC stay in the sect.

93% of the novel, is MC is staying in the sect. AND IN FACT IN HIS "GROTTO/CAVE" in the sect. Often written "10years passed" timeskips.
MC's system also allow to know the "status/events" of encountered people. And even reward a "destiny book" that allow him to curse enemies
The only times MC get out, is to teach his few disciples, and to ONESHOT kill some mega op enemies that try to attack the sect, very rare.
----------------------------------------
TLDR : Xianxia 202X series nowadays, the MCs are basically like DEADPOOL or KAZUMA from Konosuba. Quirky, smart, and know the bullshit.

Last edited:

BB_Tensei

Xianxia is good cause you can binge it for days and it won't end. Ever picked up a xianxia you stopped reading at chapter 300(0)+? It's kind of rare. xD

WaterFish

And what you / and the majority of people don't know, is that the manhua and the stereotype of stories of being shit. Is now the past.

Just like me and you, english readers, the chinese readers became tired of this shitty tropes.
And now it's already being like 3+ years that "readers fed with shit" chose to write themselves (and bc they grew up) and write very interesting stories. BUT can't deny you can still see shit often.
Also the manhuas, like a chinese author said, its bc of capitalism, they chose to publish the shitty stories full of faceslap, BC MONEY for the retarded teens AND bc their work life is so depressing like a salaryman in japan, that they crave faceslap plots to vent.

TLDR : Now in 2023, the raw chinese novels, are so good, that some can easily rival manhwas or JP masterpieces like mushoku. Sadly, too bad start caused a stereotype. Pick, one novel on my forum profile that i recommended. BTW google translate received a bribe in 2020 coughcoronacough and it translate very easy chinese.
And for info, japanese WN are beginning to rot, copypaste of "op mc", with the exception of Frieren. While chinese novels are in "renaissance".

Here an example, of "new gen" xianxia (and no longer shit faceslap, that even lot of chinese readers spurn on)

Manhua : https://mangarockteam.com/manga/i-just-dont-play-the-card-according-to-the-routine/

Basically, MC get a system "giving choices" like Talk to this girl, Help her, go away. And of course op reward for talk/help.
MC knows all the "tropes/cliches", bc like us, is a modern person that read novels in past life.

ps : the reward system is a help but also a trap bc bigger reward means high-chance-to-die, and vice versa. And help to know safest "route".

MC rerolled his body talents for 15 years (bc its like rolling 3 dices of 20 and hoping to get 3x20, continuing even if getting 2 x 20)
At Ch15+, MC see a god-rank cub? Fck this, no way its that easy. Get away (and was truly a trap with op guardian beasts hidden nearby)
Ch20ish, MC is recommended a "adventure" of a cave nearby. Fck this, its probably a trope of a xianxia ambush. MC stay in the sect.

93% of the novel, is MC is staying in the sect. AND IN FACT IN HIS "GROTTO/CAVE" in the sect. Often written "10years passed" timeskips.
MC's system also allow to know the "status/events" of encountered people. And even reward a "destiny book" that allow him to curse enemies
The only times MC get out, is to teach his few disciples, and to ONESHOT kill some mega op enemies that try to attack the sect, very rare.
TLDR : Xianxia 202X series nowadays, the MCs are basically like DEADPOOL or KAZUMA from Konosuba. Quirky, smart, and know the bullshit.
From the first chapter of the recommendation alone he just has the sense not to dig his own grave. He learnt from his mistakes. Which is rare for a Xianxia protagonist as they either double down or become angsty over “THE INHUMANITY! I must destroy them!” And etc.

guy just moved on and bettered his life. Gotta give props for that.

TsuruI_am_a_bot

Crazy Nun Robot / Wife of Botty
From the first chapter of the recommendation alone he just has the sense not to dig his own grave. He learnt from his mistakes. Which is rare for a Xianxia protagonist as they either double down or become angsty over “THE INHUMANITY! I must destroy them!” And etc.

guy just moved on and bettered his life. Gotta give props for that.
:blob_melt: (y)

StarrGaze

I've never read one focused on sexual cultivation techniques and I've read A LOT of XianXia. We must be looking in different places XD

Reactions: AYM

WaterFish

I've never read one focused on sexual cultivation techniques and I've read A LOT of XianXia. We must be looking in different places XD
There was a trend for a while in non-translated novels.

ACertainPassingUser

It also has been Adapted into Anime/Cartoon/Donghua

Shyuurin

That was a massive wall of text, but good to know the new gen has cleaned things up a bit. I'll have to go looking.

SailusGebel

That was a massive wall of text, but good to know the new gen has cleaned things up a bit. I'll have to go looking.
If other recommendations are as good as Top Tier providence, they did not. More than that, if everything is on the same leve as Top Tier Providence, I would argue they became worse.

BernKatstel

Witch of miracles/Miracle feline
Xianxia master

Attachments

• C8F02F6C-25F1-4572-BE20-2B5DCFBF1C66.gif
    C8F02F6C-25F1-4572-BE20-2B5DCFBF1C66.gif
    606.8 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: AYM

doravg

136/4001 (finally counted the stories)
Is Heaven's Official Blessings a Xianxia? I read all the books in that series, but never checked.