Writing Prompt Yesterday, 41 people went missing after…

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
The goal is to write something that begins with: ‘Yesterday, 41 people went missing after…’
Here is mine.
—————
Yesterday, 41 people went missing mysteriously, after a freak whaling accident in Kansas. Witnesses said that they saw four large fishing boats patrolling through the Flint Hills, before the authorities were alerted. As the police cruisers closed in on the four boats, the fishing boats fled. After a 3 hour boat chase, the police had the 4 boats surrounded. This was followed by a long and intense shootout. We managed to get an interview from Dave, an officer that was on the scene.

”I, in my 13 years of service and 50 shootouts, have never seen such a gruesome shootout. In the first 15 minutes they had managed to harpoon 20 officers, at the cost of about 40 landmen, most of which fell overboard. I am lucky to be alive.”

“What was your reaction when two of the fishing boats capsized in the shootout.”

”When the first one capsized, the shooting stopped. I thought we were done. Paramedics rushed in to save those that were wounded, and to evacuate the ship. Little did we know that that ship had dropped the remains of a whale into the sunflower field. The first sign the blood attracted anything was when we saw a flinthead shark ram into an ambulance. Then they went for the people.”

”What happened to the second ship?”

”The dead whale’s parents.”

Though shocking as it may seem, none of the 41 one missing people were on the two capsized vessels. When the authorities searched the two upright ships the only people they found was two corpses, who seemed to have died in the shootout. If you have any info on the missing persons locations, the government of Kansas is willing to pay up to $5 USD.

Last edited:

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Yesterday, 41 people went missing after a strange incident that had happened. These people were mostly students, while the others were teachers and relatives of the students who had joined in on the missing case which is currently ongoing. Only a few that had return, believing that it was a case of a supernatural event that had taken place, the victims believe it were the incident.

As there were no reports on the bodies missing, except one of the victims that had held a person's limb while suffering a mental breakdown, most of the officers involving in the case had actually believe that this event was something unscientific yet one officer had found a clue to which one of the lands near the event, had a gravesite which a pile of bones, which its believe by the forensic team to be part of the victims in the case, mixed with old ones, containing the date to which the other bones are just part of other victims not part of missing people. Believing that this incident had dated far longer than it needs to be.

We believe that this is mostly a large case homicide, believing it to be a work of a psychopathic killer, kidnapping the victims and uses them to be part of a game where he kills the victims in a game.

As there were blood containing parts of the scene inside the school, it could be that the entire place was mixed with certain chemicals, hallucinated the victims, believing it to be a supernatural event that had taken place.

Some victims truly believe it were a supernatural event which a young girl had brought them into a entirely new dimension where they were trapped in inside, unable to get out.

Some students were killed off by children, some of them died by the serial killer, even one report says that one victim died by having her entire limbs being [removed due to the excessive violence reported by one of the victim].

Currently, officers had blocked off more information as this case couldn't be continued to be journalize. Please turned in for more as we uncover this case labeled as the [41 Missing School Case of XXX Middle-High]...

idontknowwhoiam

Yesterday, 41 people went missing after a local Florida weeb went to Japan and noticed the disturbing lack of female maids with blue eyes and honkomajonka tonkas.

SsemouyOnan

Scientific Witchery
Yesterday, 41 people went missing after after a big orgy. Officials launched an investigation, but they soon realized it was 1845 and they were in Ireland. The 41 people were starving due to lack of potatoes and decide to fuck each other until death before spontaneously combusting into potatoes for the good of all. Such brave men and women.

Western42

....I may be Insane....
The goal is to write something that begins with: ‘Yesterday, 41 people went missing after…’
Here is mine.
—————
Yesterday, 41 people went missing mysteriously, after a freak whaling accident in Kansas. Witnesses said that they saw four large fishing boats patrolling through the Flint Hills, before the authorities were alerted. As the police cruisers closed in on the four boats, the fishing boats fled. After a 3 hour boat chase, the police had the 4 boats surrounded. This was followed by a long and intense shootout. We managed to get an interview from Dave, an officer that was on the scene.

”I, in my 13 years of service and 50 shootouts, have never seen such a gruesome shootout. In the first 15 minutes they had managed to harpoon 20 officers, at the cost of about 40 landmen, most of which fell overboard. I am lucky to be alive.”

“What was your reaction when two of the fishing boats capsized in the shootout.”

”When the first one capsized, the shooting stopped. I thought we were done. Paramedics rushed in to save those that were wounded, and to evacuate the ship. Little did we know that that ship had dropped the remains of a whale into the sunflower field. The first sign the blood attracted anything was when we saw a flinthead shark ram into an ambulance. Then they went for the people.”

”What happened two the second ship?”

”The dead whale’s parents.”

Though shocking as it may seem, none of the 41 one missing people were on the two capsized vessels. When the authorities searched the two upright ships the only people they found was two corpses, who seemed to have died in the shootout. If you have any info on the missing persons locations, the government of Kansas is willing to pay up to $5 USD.

Wait. They'd give you five dollars!? What a nice government.

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper
Yesterday, 41 people went missing mysteriously, after a man has fallen into the river in Lego City

START THE RESCUE HELICOPTER

HEY!

BUILD THE HELICOPTER AND OFF TO THE RESCUE

PREPARE THE LIFELINE, LOWER THE STRETCHER AND MAKE THE RESCUE

THE NEW EMERGENCY COLLECTION FROM LEGO CITY

Western42

....I may be Insane....
Yesterday, 41 people have went missing after exploring a tunnel in my backyard. Among them was my little sister, Julie. I don't know how long this will take to get out, and by the time this does get out, the government would have probably blocked off where I am going...and where the missing people went. There is this tunnel me and my friends used to explore a lot together, Julie included. Two days ago, a big party was thrown. I got sick unfortunately, and couldn't join my friends. Seeing as we were all very close friends, Julie included, they decided to do something they haven't done in a while and explore the tunnel in the woods in our backyard. The tunnel isn't really a cave, but an old abandoned service tunnel with a minor cave system around it that has a few entrances. We have no idea if we were ever allowed to go into such a place, but that never stopped us.

But like I said, that was two days ago. Yesterday, they have been officially declared missing. All 41 went in...and all 41 never went out. I don't know for sure but, call it a hunch, the tunnel did not cave in nor had another way out. Something was in that tunnel when my friends, and my little sister, went in it. Whatever it is, it killed them. It had too. And whatever it is, I heard it last night. It's raspy human-sounding breathing that seemed to echo around the entrance to the tunnel.

I may not have much training with firearms, but I do know what a shotgun can do. If I never return, then that means I am gone. Sorry Mom, but please do not try and follow me. I don't know why I am putting this here but, whatever that thing was...

....it sounded sad........

- This is the last thing twenty-one years old Darren Smoarch left behind. He too never came back. If anyone is reading this, especially any police officers, don't go into the tunnel. 'She' is using any tunnels, no matter how small, to hunt. Please, your life is not worth your duty.

[From the Nelsie project]

aimless

Wanderer of Forums

Attachments

• E9860BEA-29CC-4151-9851-704DDAEC4BD4.jpeg
    E9860BEA-29CC-4151-9851-704DDAEC4BD4.jpeg
    18.1 KB · Views: 32
"Yesterday, 41 people went missing after a massive sinkhole opened up in a suburban neighborhood. There appears to be some sort of burrowing animals involved. Authorities and emergency personnel are on the scene but reporters have not been allowed to film the event yet for reasons unknown."

"An update on yesterday's report. A mile radius around the sinkhole that developed yesterday has become an evacuation zone. At least 19 more people have gone missing, and none of the missing are yet to be found, alive or dead. There are reports of "worms" being found in the neighboring suburban areas. It's hypothesized to be a hallucination caused by gases released from within the Earth's crust. Stay tuned and we'll keep reporting if the evacuation expands."

"A state of emergency has been declared and the national guard has come in to assist in evacuating the rapidly expanding danger zone. Apparently, the worms are real, and appear to be consuming or digging out a large, expanding pocket of ground, causing infrastructure to collapse within. Chemical solutions are being considered to eradicate the pests."

"An update on the "worm hole" situation. A quarter of the state has been evacuated and hysteria is rising. Crop dusting planes have flown over and dropped several types of chemicals used in pest control. There has been no effect on the worms, or the still expanding sinkhole. The governor is in conference with the president today to discuss more extreme solutions."

"There are reports of worms coming out of the walls, ceilings, floors, and clothing, even hundreds of miles away from the initial "worm hole" situation. Do not panic, they don't seem to cause harm to humans, directly, although there also doesn't seem to be anything we can do to harm them in return. It is theorized to be some sort of animal that developed deep underneath the Earth and has migrated towards the surface recently for reasons unknown. Surviving the ambient pressure of living that deep under the earth has made them indestructible. These worms do not appear to cause us harm directly, or any sort of problem, besides startling people and creating that one expanding hole."

"An international summit today declared the United States off limits for travel, banning all flights in and out of the country in order to not spread the mysterious animal invasion. The giant hole that now takes up a fourth of the state of [redacted] has appeared to stop growing, for now. The amount of missing people is in the tens of thousands, and the number of refugees is approaching a million. Please consider donating to assist the refugees, by calling the number at the bottom of your screen."

"This is an important update by the president given maximum priority and broadcast simultaneously, everywhere. He states that we have still not found a solution for the worms, but not to panic. Many smart people are working on a solution and will find one, soon."

"The state of emergency has been expanded to the entire continental United States. Canada's government and Mexico's drug lords have armed themselves and are defending their borders against the intrusion of refugees that might be carrying "worms" on their person or in their belongings. However, there is no evidence that it's even possible to pull the worms out of the ground, as they retreat entirely before you make any progress, only to pop up elsewhere."

"This just in, individuals have been disappearing across 90% of the United States simultaneously. Contamination in Mexico is confirmed, and contamination in Canada is unknown. Captured in multiple video feeds are worms growing out of the beds of sleeping individuals and taking them...somewhere, in their sleep. It is unknown if those individuals are alive at this time, but it doesn't seem likely. We've decided not to post the videos of this occurring because it is too disturbing. Please be advised, if you see worms...don't go to sleep."

"Russia and China simultaneously nuked the entire continent of North America in an attempt to stop the spread of the subterranean, possibly multi-dimensional worms. Fortunately, loss of life is minimal, since the vast majority of the human population in North America has been abducted by the worms already. Plans to create a long-term habitat on the moon are underway, to give us a chance as a species to weather this disaster. It is unknown why only Humans are taken by the worms, but there are many theories, both scientific and religious, that are trying to explain it. God have mercy on our souls."

"It's too late. The worms are everywhere in the world. They're on the moon. They're on me, right now. I'm the very last person in the news studio who has managed to keep from falling asleep, but I know it's only a matter of time. To anyone that might be listening, good luck. I hope we meet again on the other side of wherever the worms are taking us."

...the end?

Ninini

Yesterday, 41 people went missing after The God of hentai was summon by Japan. The god did not take them, but they all willingly sacrifice themselves to be fuck by tentacles for all of eternity in the void to summon him. Did I mention Japan did this - weirdos. They are suicidal, cuck/tentacle loving freaks. — passage of the end-time 6:9

J_Chemist

Yesterday 41 people went missing and there's only Tammy and I left on the manifest.

She said she spoke to Jim this morning.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
...the end?
Today on moon news tonight.

The moon authority has announced that the worm threat level has been reduced from Worms! With one exclamation point down to worms...? With an ellipses and question mark.

This marks the end of the highest worms threat rating since the WORMS!!! all caps, underlined with three exclamation points outbreak of 2036.