You just caused a death. How do you feel?

How would you feel?

• Total voters

APieceOfRock

Yuri Lover, endeed!
I would feel bad but only because I'm worried there's weird law or whatever that could hold me accountable.
That's legit how I would feel. I may be a psychopath...

PancakesWitch

sadly I can confirm, there are several:

"This will be better with a rewrite",
"I'll put 1 star unless you change this",
and if you rewrite,
"Suffering from rewrites." :blob_shock:

imagine saying that to a 10k average reader per chapter story :blob_hmm:
yeah, authors should never try to rewrite their story just to please the people leaving reviews and "constructive criticism", the new rewrite never gains as much traction and the whole series just fades into obscurity, it had happened to so many good novels.
NEVER TRY TO PLEASE YOUR READERS!
Write for yourself, have fun! take their advice, but never go as far as rewriting your entire story just because you got 3 reviews of guys telling you you should rewrite everything just because they say so!
finish your story first, write everything you want without worrying, then, later, if you want, do a rewrite, once your story is finished, it will be much easier, and you can even publish the rewrite on amazon or something.
i believe authors grow the more they write, not rewrite the same story over and over again to achieve perfection, polish yourself over time with many stories, learn from each experience, don't try to redo the same thing over and over again.
you will eventually get so far with each little story that once you write your new story, it might be better than anything you've ever done, all thansk to the different writing experiences you had.

Notadate

Option 3. I wouldn’t say that
-
Like why would I know they died. Or who would end em self from one comment

They shouldn’t be online with an unstable mind. Work on themselves, and maybe not hijack people’s thread because of a disagreement of beliefs

yeah that

hmmmm

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
3. Without any shame. If someone gets me to write a roast comment, then their story has to be so bad, so offensive, so terrible, and so personally insulting that I would actually feel proud of it.

quagma

subatomic cephalopod
sad that the author is gone, but not guilty because we don't leave mean comments

Shrimp_eater

Call him out on his sad fabulist attempt at garnering attention and sympathy on his next chapter update.

Because of a very harsh comment in a novel, the creator took their own life after reading it.

How would you feel about it?
I wouldn't care since it has nothing to do with me. But than again their probably were emotionally unstable if they were to take offense to a comment that was made online to which it lead to the actions they took.