Writing You should write with the motivation to make an interesting story.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Find a story you hate and start writing from pure spite so you can show that one author you could do better than him/her.
I volunteer my story. My toddler doesn't let me write.

Shrimp_eater

I write with the motivation to unleash plagues, darkness and curses upon the land.

prognastat

If you yourself don't find what you did completely interesting, don't publish it.
I kind of disagree. Sure I wouldn't publish it in the sense of putting it on Amazon or sending it to an actual publisher or putting it in some kind of paid platform. However by actually releasing it you can still get some kind of feedback. You might also find that others do like it or allow you to see it from another perspective.

Now if we are talking about writing only a couple hundred words before you lost interest in it sure maybe it's not worth getting feedback on it. However if you have been writing thousands of words by the time you come to this conclusion then it might actually be worth it. Worst case scenario you get no feedback and it just died in obscurity no different from what would have happened if you didn't.

I would say to discontinue a novel you have lost interest in. If it's long running try to tie up the ending for your long-time readers' sake, but definitely don't force yourself to write something that you don't want to long-term.

wresch

Let's be honest. For most of us, the most attentive reader (and maybe the only reader) will be us. So the story needs to be interesting to US. Chapter by chapter and paragraph by paragraph, it needs to be something we would like to read - and reread. If it is, we will keep writing, and MAYBE it will end up being interesting to others too. And - to be completely selfish, I want the three or four hours I write each day to be the best hours of my day, not one more chore to complete.

StarrGaze

I write what I want to read because that was the only reason I started writing in the first place tbh. I'm learning to appreciate it more as time passes tho. I have such high respect for writers who are consistent upload machines. You guys are crazy.

SnowLabrador

That's actually good advice. It's always important to write whatever you will enjoy - passion is key. If you don't enjoy writing it, it shows.

Avakrael

I kind of disagree. Sure I wouldn't publish it in the sense of putting it on Amazon or sending it to an actual publisher or putting it in some kind of paid platform. However by actually releasing it you can still get some kind of feedback. You might also find that others do like it or allow you to see it from another perspective.

Now if we are talking about writing only a couple hundred words before you lost interest in it sure maybe it's not worth getting feedback on it. However if you have been writing thousands of words by the time you come to this conclusion then it might actually be worth it. Worst case scenario you get no feedback and it just died in obscurity no different from what would have happened if you didn't.

I would say to discontinue a novel you have lost interest in. If it's long running try to tie up the ending for your long-time readers' sake, but definitely don't force yourself to write something that you don't want to long-term.
Woah, did I get it wrong?

Is this site for using others to screen whether or not the stuff you spewed onto the page & don't enjoy to the utmost is garbage or not?

Then fuck this. I'm out!

prognastat

Woah, did I get it wrong?

Is this site for using others to screen whether or not the stuff you spewed onto the page & don't enjoy to the utmost is garbage or not?

Then fuck this. I'm out!
Lol. Sure if you want to take it in the worst possible way then yeah all the sites where you can read free written content are. Scribblehub isn't a publisher, they're a platform. Do you go to twitter for 100% amazing political takes that have been well thought out or do you read a paid magazine, newspaper or book for that?

Meanwhile this is a platform. If anyone enjoys it it will float and if not it will sink. Either way you might learn something about what you wrote. Or if you aren't interested in learning and improving sure don't post what you write anywhere.

Avakrael

Lol. Sure if you want to take it in the worst possible way then yeah all the sites where you can read free written content are. Scribblehub isn't a publisher, they're a platform. Do you go to twitter for 100% amazing political takes that have been well thought out or do you read a paid magazine, newspaper or book for that?

Meanwhile this is a platform. If anyone enjoys it it will float and if not it will sink. Either way you might learn something about what you wrote. Or if you aren't interested in learning and improving sure don't post what you write anywhere.
If you don't enjoy it—despite being the cause—it ain't finished.

At least make sure to say: 'Any Ideas To Make This Worth Reading? Thanks!"

Though in that case, storyreaders are not the audience you are seeking

You want: storywriters assisting.

But in that case, doesn't this forum have Feedback + Writing Tips & Discussions sections? Just post it here or there and spare us unfortunate idiots who might click on it accidentally thinking it is a real story.

prognastat

:ROFLMAO:

Also looking at my library of work on SH and yours I don't think you should be telling me I want story writing assistance and to go to the Feedback + Writing Tips & Discussions sections.

All I see is someone that could stand to actually continue writing something rather than jumping from one thing to the next. I don't think you're actually wrong to post them though.

Last edited: