You were isekai’ed, into a modern world. In this world some people have powers (I.E. X-men). You were given the ability to transmute objects. What do?

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
POWER LIMITATIONS: You can only convert 10 kilograms of material per day. You can only transmute a substance if you know both the properties of what you are transmuting too and from. The more specific the properties are, the more accurate your transmutation will be to your desired results. In example you want to turn lead into gold, you know that both lead and gold are heavy and soft, the only property you add is that the lead looks like gold. The result would be that you made gold colored lead.

ElijahRyne

Clearly, I can't do a single thing with this power, so I will continue living as I lived.
Perhaps you could try this: I want this water to have both the properties of rubber and gum, and that it will follow and do as I command it with my thoughts.

Result:
Strange slime follower….

NVM

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
Is that the only limitations? What if i try making something that doesn't exist, or if i use properties of something undiscovered? Since humans name them, the power shouldn't work off names and it already works off properties. Meaning if i keep trying different properties i can discover new elements. All i have to do is use a pure metal like copper or iron, have a bunch of little spheres of equal mass, and transmute them. I just won't be able to turn them back until i know enough of the properties of what i turned it into. It'll be like Little Alchemy except using the properties themselves, mixing and matching both already discovered properties and fantastical ones to see what exists in the universe, or if i may really be able to create things that don't exist.

What if i create a substance with the property of permanently enhancing someone's power with no side effects? Ofc all this shit will have to be done in secrecy, cause if i really could do stuff like that, it'd paint a massive target. But i could also use it to my advantage by making myself stronger.

What if i transmute myself? Enhance parts of my body, ridding myself of my mortal flesh? Ofc after i discover suitable materials.

Also does the power require physical contact?

SailusGebel

Perhaps you could try this: I want this water to have both the properties of rubber and gum, and that it will follow and do as I command it with my thoughts.

Result:
Strange slime follower….

NVM
Yeah, no. I can't think out of the box, and I'm not a powergamer(is this the correct word?). Maybe I already have this power? But I can't do a single thing because the limitations are too much, who knows?

FoxxieFox

Apprentice Wizard
Heh... The Great Tentacle Gestalt has already achieved Omnipotence so we can already do that... but better.

We would make a Massive reality defying figure in our likeness orbiting the earth that would ingrain our existence into all who see.

ElijahRyne

Is that the only limitations? What if i try making something that doesn't exist, or if i use properties of something undiscovered? Since humans name them, the power shouldn't work off names and it already works off properties. Meaning if i keep trying different properties i can discover new elements. All i have to do is use a pure metal like copper or iron, have a bunch of little spheres of equal mass, and transmute them. I just won't be able to turn them back until i know enough of the properties of what i turned it into. It'll be like Little Alchemy except using the properties themselves, mixing and matching both already discovered properties and fantastical ones to see what exists in the universe, or if i may really be able to create things that don't exist.

What if i create a substance with the property of permanently enhancing someone's power with no side effects? Ofc all this shit will have to be done in secrecy, cause if i really could do stuff like that, it'd paint a massive target. But i could also use it to my advantage by making myself stronger.

What if i transmute myself? Enhance parts of my body, ridding myself of my mortal flesh? Ofc after i discover suitable materials.

Also does the power require physical contact?
For the new elements , you can try and might succeed, but if it can’t exist it won’t. I.E. turn this uranium into a element that spawns new universes. Without specifying how, it probably won’t work.

Creating something with no side effects might be possible if you know how you will do it. I.E. this gram of uranium will no longer give off radiation, to do this I will make it so that the nucleus of the element is stable, so that the element will no longer decay.
If you try something like: I will turn this lead into a substance that will double my strength, with no side effects that will harm me. Result: A lead lozenge that increases your strength after ingestion. You ingest it and a couple days later you suffer lead poisoning. The reason being you did not define what constitutes harm and how you would prevent the harm.

For the rest of your questions the answer is yes, if you know how to.

Last edited:

Biggest-Kusa-Out-There

Futanari Enjoyer
For the new elements , you can try and might succeed, but if it can’t exist it won’t. I.E. turn this uranium into a element that spawns new universes. Without specifying how, it probably won’t work.

Creating something with no side effects might be possible if you know how you will do it. I.E. this gram of uranium will no longer give off radiation, to do this I will make it so that the nucleus of the element is stable, so that the element will no longer decay.
If you try something like: I will turn this lead into a substance that will double my strength, with no side effects that will harm me. Result: A lead lozenge that increases your strength after ingestion. You ingest it and a couple days later you suffer lead poisoning. The reason being you did not define what constitutes harm and how you would prevent the harm.

For the rest of your questions the answer is yes, if you know how to.
Lmao this shit is not a superpower then... wolverine has no side effects to his healing like some bullshit limitation to heal his brain. Yeah, he got poisoned by the metal in his body, but that itself is not his power.
This transmutation power looks easy af, open google and read the wiki out loud, bam. I need to understand it? I'll stick to gold and precious metals/stones. Sell that shit (has nothing to to with the power, I'll see how i do that), and get rich. If I get reborn in the marvel x-men universe, vibraniun and adamantium, then sell it to the U.S. military because they allways buy weird shit in the movies and comics, and steadily build a weapons manufacturer company and surpass Wakanda as my source is practically limitless (10 kilos of hemp turned to diamond/adamantium/vibraniun).

DarkeReises

Lmao this shit is not a superpower then... wolverine has no side effects to his healing like some bullshit limitation to heal his brain. Yeah, he got poisoned by the metal in his body, but that itself is not his power.
This transmutation power looks easy af, open google and read the wiki out loud, bam. I need to understand it? I'll stick to gold and precious metals/stones. Sell that shit (has nothing to to with the power, I'll see how i do that), and get rich. If I get reborn in the marvel x-men universe, vibraniun and adamantium, then sell it to the U.S. military because they allways buy weird shit in the movies and comics, and steadily build a weapons manufacturer company and surpass Wakanda as my source is practically limitless (10 kilos of hemp turned to diamond/adamantium/vibraniun).
If you don't get kidnapped by a government or villain who will chain you up, inject you with copious amounts of drugs, and force you to comply with their resource creating demands.

ElijahRyne

It’s more akin to a more overpowered supper power compared to Wolverine. More akin to the powers of the Scarlet Witch, or Jean Grey. And yes, as long as you know what you are doing you can transmute it. If you know the how vibranium works, how all the elements alloy together, it’s physical properties, and how you would make the change from hemp to vibranium. Then you could do so.

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
transmute myself some shit into a lot of cash, and produce alcohol and drugs for my own consumption

DarkeReises

It’s more akin to a more overpowered supper power compared to Wolverine. More akin to the powers of the Scarlet Witch, or Jean Grey. And yes, as long as you know what you are doing you can transmute it. If you know the how vibranium works, how all the elements alloy together, it’s physical properties, and how you would make the change from hemp to vibranium. Then you could do so.
So instead of just being like "I want this to turn to this" you also need to know how it would change? Like which atoms would need different protons and electrons and how they should be organized and bonded? So it's more like knowing the entire process and then cutting it out

If it was more like the MCs powers in the novel Supervillain but a bit more OP, that was about my thought process.

ElijahRyne

So instead of just being like "I want this to turn to this" you also need to know how it would change? Like which atoms would need different protons and electrons and how they should be organized and bonded? So it's more like knowing the entire process and then cutting it out

If it was more like the MCs powers in the novel Supervillain but a bit more OP, that was about my thought process.
Yeah, thank you, I realized I wasn’t being thorough enough in my descriptions. The more specific the better your transmutation. But, I mean you could try saying that you wish to strengthen yourself, but if you don’t know how you will do so, the result would amount to almost nothing.

Daitengu

Eh, I'd transmute iron into copper and call it good. 10 kg of copper is like $700. No need to get flagged by the gov for gold or silver.

Echimera

If there is no inherent limitation in terms of complexity, this can become incredibly powerful.

The first few days would probably be spent turning something simple and abundant into gold, something like Nitrogen, simply taken from the air.

I'd then use these funds to get trustworthy people working on cyberware so I can upgrade myself with some high end memory banks and processing power, which will directly boost the scope of my powers to a whole new level.
It will also lead into the acquisition of more combat power (I like the slime idea people brought up, so maybe a special gel that can be linked up to the nervous system for a slime-tentacle-armor) besides the already potent power.

Parallel to that, studying a broad set of fields like molecular and atomic physics, chemistry and biology will boost the powers even without cyberware (who knows how long that takes).

I'd probably set another team to study how powers work and how people get them.

With enough understanding, transmuting my own body should also be possible, even if it takes a few days and prep time to ensure it doesn't break down during the process.
At that point, I'd probably start collecting more cool powers. That's probably the earliest I'd make myself known to the world as someone with powers, at least by choice. Ideally while keepinga bunch of powers, including the original one, secret, to not paint a target on my head.

ElijahRyne

Eh, I'd transmute iron into copper and call it good. 10 kg of copper is like $700. No need to get flagged by the gov for gold or silver.
Might as well sell technetium, for 1 million dollars per kilogram…

SuperHeiyan

So, basically ability to make otherwise unexisting materials by properties. Here we are, government contract! Also, it's makes more sense to transmute industrial wastes than using perfectly workable material.

DarkeReises

So, basically ability to make otherwise unexisting materials by properties. Here we are, government contract! Also, it's makes more sense to transmute industrial wastes than using perfectly workable material.
Greenhouse gases. Imagine, 10 kg a day jus disappearing from the atmosphere
I'll focus on making gold and buying what I need. I'll play with other materials when I get bored.
making 10 kg of condoms drop out of the sky sounds fun