Your thoughts on humanoid beings that have aerokinetic abilities

OP1000

Hello!!!!
Are there any humanoid beings (monsters) that you like or dislike that have abilities related to the manipulation of air one way or another?

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
Fujin moving on clouds
Edit : I just thought of something else from the deepest part of my memories... Sakura with windy power.

Last edited:

hippoman

Sylphs are have power over air and the skies, most wind users in myth are gods so any wind god. Oh, you arn't asking for examples of those that exist but rather ones we like. Uh. Link in wind Waker, but he uses a magical tool to do so.

Jemini

Err... can I list my own character? And does it count if she uses more than one element? There was an infiltration scene where she had to siege a city and her use of a combination of wind magic and an improvised glide-suit, neither of which were quite optimized, was an important part of the opening salvo of attacks to cover their entrance.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Everything with wings that're either too big or too small to actually use. But yeah, Sylphs are literally wind spirits. Harpies are a fantasy classic as well. Also ravens or any kind of bird.

And dragons, I guess. Those pretentious lizards with delusions of grandeur...

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
Didn't though of him earlier, Kazuma Yagami from Kaze no stigma

Jemini

And dragons, I guess. Those pretentious lizards with delusions of grandeur...

*looks up original definition of dragon*

Hmm... funny. I see nothing about reptilians or delusions in the definition. Plenty of grandure though. And a lot of evil too. They're often the things that the gods slay and build the world off their corpse, or the things that end the world and kill all the gods.

The reptilian stuff, believe it or not, actually came later. Tiamat and her husband Absu, the two oldest recorded mythological dragons in all mythology, are not actually described at all. The only thing mentioned about them is the fact that Tiamat is connected in some way to the ocean, and Absu is connected in some way to fresh water. They are not even CALLED dragons in the text. We only give them what are considered draconic features in modern-day interpretations because the "dragon" label was attached to them retroactively.

Last edited:

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
The reptilian stuff, believe it or not, actually came later. Tiamat and her husband Absu, the two oldest recorded mythological dragons in all mythology, are not actually described at all. The only thing mentioned about them is the fact that Tiamat is connected in some way to the ocean, and Absu is connected in some way to fresh water. They are not even CALLED dragons in the text. We only give them what are considered draconic features in modern-day interpretations because the "dragon" label was attached to them retroactively.
As far as I know Tiamat being a dragon is more of a popculture thing than mythological. They're not exactly Dragons but beings that fit the same niche "Dragons" just seem to make better boss monsters than a giant whale or turtle, just because they're easier to make meanacing.