Writing Prompt Zombie World

Xcalibur_Xc

Get up from bed every morning and start working out. Suck your loneliness in, your grievances, whatever your sadness is, grab a gun, and shoot the fucking bastard in the eyes, if possible, straight in the cerebellum, shoot the undead zombie in its rotten brain that will try to prevent you from getting up, kill this sucker so bad the splinters fly. Shoot the damn zombie every morning of your life, whether you're bored, depressed, sad, angry, or even just feeling well, as you put yourself through the daily motions of writing that boring book or manuscript. Every morning is like every single step in your life: always a choice, either continue walking or collapse under the weight of your own flesh, lay down, die right then and there in a pile of your own bullshit, and hope to be eaten alive by your pets if they're feeling hungry or wait to get covered with dirt when you're finally cremated in the coffin that was a waste of money since it was never used.

>A boring life in an apocalyptic world

TotallyHuman

Get up from bed every morning and start working out. Suck your loneliness in, your grievances, whatever your sadness is, grab a gun, and shoot the fucking bastard in the eyes
Are we still talking zombie apocalypse?
shoot the undead zombie in its rotten brain that will try to prevent you from getting up
Ah, yes, it is. For a moment I thought you were- nvm
Shoot the damn zombie every morning of your life, whether you're bored, depressed, sad, angry, or even just feeling well, as you put yourself through the daily motions of writing that boring book or manuscript.
Pretty sure you'll run out of bullets soon. Also either the zombies are not numerous in the area (which means you'll run out of them eventually) or they're deaf (which means it's probably not the optimal way of dealing with them anyway) or you just summoned a horde of them like it's black friday sales

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
I never understood the whole zombie apocalypse trope... I mean if zombies are unkillable but slow and stupid wouldn't a fence solve the whole problem? Of all the carnivorous dangers to society, something slow, smelly, and brainless shouldn't be a problem (anywhere outside of murrica), right? A few fences here, a moad here and there, and maybe a kill zone here and there, and the problem is solved. Build a few bridges between the cities and other places of interest and the zombie apocalypse is nothing more than dangerous wildlife. Unless you have bullshit like zombie birds, in which case you need to cage the cities and streets, but otherwise same easy-peasy.

Xcalibur_Xc

I never understood the whole zombie apocalypse trope... I mean if zombies are unkillable but slow and stupid wouldn't a fence solve the whole problem? Of all the carnivorous dangers to society, something slow, smelly, and brainless shouldn't be a problem (anywhere outside of murrica), right? A few fences here, a moad here and there, and maybe a kill zone here and there, and the problem is solved. Build a few bridges between the cities and other places of interest and the zombie apocalypse is nothing more than dangerous wildlife. Unless you have bullshit like zombie birds, in which case you need to cage the cities and streets, but otherwise same easy-peasy.
The thing is zombies mutate over time and some gain intelligence. But that depends on the story.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
The thing is zombies mutate over time and some gain intelligence. But that depends on the story.
Yeah, but that's just evolution taking it's course and has nothing to do with zombies. If humanity hasn't been able to get some semblance of control over a "species" of "animals" that is slower, dumber, and less adaptable then we deserve the zombocalypse...

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
If I was to write a mundane zombie apocalypse story I'd probably borrow heavily from Day of the Triffids. I feel like the world building (prior to the big event) just fits that to a t