Zombies based on blood type

EngineGear

I was thinking about writing about a zombie virus that turns people based on blood type. Some turn into slow, pale-looking zombies with milky white eyes and others turn into fast, bloody veins zombies with blood-red eyes. The incubation period varies from person to person Any tips and advice would very nice.

Transmission & Vectors​

The virus is spread through bodily fluids, akin to a bite or scratch.

Symptoms​

• Pain, tingling, itching, or discoloration to the infected area or another site of viral entry
  • Stiff muscles
  • Increased production of thick saliva
  • Flu-like symptoms, such as headache, fever, fatigue, nausea
  • Painful spasms and contractions of the throat when exposed to water
  • Erratic or bizarre behavior, such as biting, thrashing about, spasms, and delusions
  • Paralysis of the infected area
  • Weaker heart-rate

Layenlml

I mean... this type of thing is usually done to create a connection with the reader so idk, make the most common blood type into something OP or unique? Flexible? So your reader will identify and dream of having said power because they also have that type of blood?

I don't know if anyone cares about blood type tho.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
I mean... this type of thing is usually done to create a connection with the reader so idk, make the most common blood type into something OP or unique? Flexible? So your reader will identify and dream of having said power because they also have that type of blood?

I don't know if anyone cares about blood type tho.
Why would you want every single zombie to be OP though? The rarer blood types should make stronger zombies. Did you just skim read? Because your response doesn't make any sense. Why would people connect with the zombies? They are the enemy.

Omnifarious

Custom title
My doc told me my blood type multiple times, and whenever i asked, it just never sinked it. I swear to god i still have no idea what it is...

I do have blood tho.

JohnDoe9838

I'm of mind with Impotent.

Would zombies with less common blood types be the most powerful?

How would the Rh factor affect them?

Would someone with Rh null blood (the rarest blood type) be a super-powerful special infected? Perhaps immune to the disease?

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Looking forward to scenes of Bombay blood type zombies doing Bollywood performances during the zombie apocalypse. Maybe have O negative zombies dying early because every zombie drinks its blood.

Layenlml

Why would you want every single zombie to be OP though? The rarer blood types should make stronger zombies. Did you just skim read? Because your response doesn't make any sense. Why would people connect with the zombies? They are the enemy.
Because there is nothing else about the story itself? It doesn't say that there wouldn't be mutated humans too and I was going towards that part.

The more common would be making them focus on one stat: the muscle ones, speed ones, durable ones etc... but it would be too boring? Again, there is nothing about the story itself and the limits of it.

Lorelliad

I'm back
I'm of mind with Impotent.

Would zombies with less common blood types be the most powerful?

How would the Rh factor affect them?

Would someone with Rh null blood (the rarest blood type) be a super-powerful special infected? Perhaps immune to the disease?
Or perhaps, with O being the most common blood type

Those with it will just be the basic zombie types that run/walk around like idiots

EngineGear

Or perhaps, with O being the most common blood type

Those with it will just be the basic zombie types that run/walk around like idiots
What if people with O type turn into fast zombies, while anyone with AB turns into a generic slow-ass zombie?

Lorelliad

I'm back
What if people with O type turn into fast zombies, while anyone with AB turns into a generic slow-ass zombie?
No offense to people with blood type O, but I chose it to be the "basic bitch" zombie since it was the most common type.

Isn't AB a pretty rare blood type though? I searched it up and saw both positive and negative were only one percent.

Cipiteca396

🐉🪽🍂🌑🍀🪶🌺
Probably better to go with + being slow and - being fast, if you want a lot of slow zombies and few fast ones.

Initially I liked the idea of basing it on blood type, but you'd need a good reason for it. I don't know enough about blood types to justify whether you'd want O or AB to be the target of infection or the survivors, and I also feel it's a bit too arbitrary a criteria.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
I was thinking about writing about a zombie virus that turns people based on blood type. Some turn into slow, pale-looking zombies with milky white eyes and others turn into fast, bloody veins zombies with blood-red eyes. The incubation period varies from person to person Any tips and advice would very nice.

Transmission & Vectors​

The virus is spread through bodily fluids, akin to a bite or scratch.

Symptoms​

• Pain, tingling, itching, or discoloration to the infected area or another site of viral entry
  • Stiff muscles
  • Increased production of thick saliva
  • Flu-like symptoms, such as headache, fever, fatigue, nausea
  • Painful spasms and contractions of the throat when exposed to water
  • Erratic or bizarre behavior, such as biting, thrashing about, spasms, and delusions
  • Paralysis of the infected area
  • Weaker heart-rate
What happens to zombies that were born from people with anemia? Or other rare conditions? I think that's an interesting take. No one ever includes factors like that

MyukiMruieast

Departure of Motivation led me to want water
I don't know my blood type but this is a nice idea.

Layenlml

Not a bad idea.
Depending of the difficulty that you want and if you want a Boss kind of zombie:

The hoarder or mastermind kind of zombie could work too for the rarer one, like some kind of zombie that attracts other zombies or commands them depending of the threat you want in the zombies.

interesting idea. maybe some organization starts targeting people of certain blood types, or zombies are more attracted to their corresponding blood type. rarity of zombies (how powerful their abilities are) should be decided by the rarity of the blood type. type O are the boring ones