BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades
Quest Report (Note: Classified Report ...not public knowledge):

So what news do you have for me?
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Prerequisites: n/a
  • Discover something interesting
  • Obtain some form of proof
Information is a valuable commodity, and secrets are precious.
Did you hear something interesting? Eavesdrop on some gossip?
Tell me what news you bear, traveler, and perhaps we'll pay you if it's worthwhile.

Chapter link: 4. A suspicious call in the middle of the night

Summary:
  • Lucia received a message from secret agents of the Adventurer's Guild, telling her to come to the guild office in the middle of the night.
  • The secret agent offered Lucia a promotion. Lucia declined.
  • The secret agent informed Lucia that there are assassins after Duke Grogar.
  • This intel could be sold to Duke Grogar for a large sum of money.
-----

OOC: Please let me know if I want overboard with creating an entire secret section of the guild... we can always retcon this if people feel like it's bad.
Is this gonna be a time event? Damn.... if we let that duke know, he'll live, and the expedition continue, if he died, we got a very real political situation on hand. The last time a duke was assassinated was pretty messy.

luxia

Is this gonna be a time event? Damn.... if we let that duke know, he'll live, and the expedition continue, if he died, we got a very real political situation on hand. The last time a duke was assassinated was pretty messy.
It can go either way! Depending on what all of you want, the Duke could just survive the assassination attempt on his own. He doesn’t have to know in advance.

(Someone could also play as the assassin too >w<)

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
This duke has a son already, so it would probably be a pretty smooth succession... Unless he has more children, then the children could maybe fight for the rights to be the next duke~

Either way, it probably wouldn't be thaaaaat impactful on the archipelago as a whole IMO. At most it would lead to some investigation on who incited the assassination I'd guess~

... Or maybe it would just be blamed on the duke's son as he could be greedy for power and the death of his father would put in him in charge of the dukedom or something~

fyrre

This duke has a son already, so it would probably be a pretty smooth succession... Unless he has more children, then the children could maybe fight for the rights to be the next duke~

Either way, it probably wouldn't be thaaaaat impactful on the archipelago as a whole IMO. At most it would lead to some investigation on who incited the assassination I'd guess~

... Or maybe it would just be blamed on the duke's son as he could be greedy for power and the death of his father would put in him in charge of the dukedom or something~
Unless a sudden illegitimate son pops up and some shady nobles try to use him to get their hands on the title and wealth of the dukedom. Then it'd probably be a real problem.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Unless a sudden illegitimate son pops up and some shady nobles try to use him to get their hands on the title and wealth of the dukedom. Then it'd probably be a real problem.
Could be fun, though I still think this would probably lead to a small scale issue that is mostly related to the dukedom and maybe to the territory that is housing the illegitimate child... And even then, the eldest legitimate son would still have priority, so it would also need to be accompanied with an accusation of heresy or something at the eldest son in order to make them unable to get the title easily... >.>

But still seems like an interesting plotline nonetheless, I just think that the chances of it having a big impact on the archipelago as a whole would be small~