Adventurer's Guild [AGSA] Adventurer's Guild Sky Archipelago - OOC Room

Reborn_Cat

A lazy cat pretending to be human
Also, I am enjoying this so much, developing the duke character, so much more than writing my novels, lol.... The next few chapters may see a dip in quality
And we also have your island fall arc coming, well if you are doing it in the middle of the duke arc then it would be pure chaos.

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper
Anyway, this discussion was a lot of fun~

It kind of distracted me from writing, but it's mostly because I'm at that stage where I am waiting for the right motivation boost to write. I'm a weird case of either writing 1 or 10 chapters in a single sitting...

But hopefully I can finish the things I have planned in fewer chapters than the first one, since I have four quests in particular I want to make in sequence for the story beats I have planned...

Also, something I hadn't mentioned but I did want to mention is that I'll probably only write in Ascalio's POV on the main 'chapters', with at least one Imago ('reflection') chapters going on Fiora's POV in some important moment of the quest. I may add more 'side chapters' as need arises...

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades
And we also have your island fall arc coming, well if you are doing it in the middle of the duke arc then it would be pure chaos.
That arc will have to take a back seat for now, and can run in the background. This duke seem way more interesting!
I imagine the duke as a guy with a black cape and that puts peoples' heads on stakes for fun~

Oh, and that drinks blood! ^^)/
That is a prince (or a voivode....)

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
So, I have a question to @ohko o, since I haven't yet read all of the reports there are to read and I didn't find the information on the library.

When you say Duke Grogar, you mean Duke of Grogar or Duke Grogar (of) Something?

EDIT: I don't remember how tagging works, so I'll just leave this here in hopes they find it.
It was intended as a name!

It's kinda funny how everyone imagines him to be bald and beer-bellied like a generic villain duke when I actually have the image of a large, thick but musclebound military leader that has pretty good military achievements but is it a bit too overblown with ambition and confidence for even his considerably large breaches.

With the name Grogar, I cant imagine him being muscly tho. That name doesnt command respect and power. I think he is more of a armchair leader tho. Not on the field, but has a vast military experience, past his prime and due to his lavish life, isn't in the best of shape. He got good, and I mean really good commanders and fighters under him. Maybe not my initial image of him, but I would developed him as a duke how gor over his head about his power and all, due to his lately lavish life style and 20 years of relative peace. Maybe after some failure or opposition, he will slowly returned to his former glory, but just a little too late for a complete victories.
Grogar's son (Sir Gawrgaru) is actually super strongk. In Ume's story, he jumped over 100 meters, crashed through an airship, and survived a kaboom when it crashed into Aerelieth. Sir Gawrgaru is super muscly and wields a giant warhammer.

Assuming that it's somewhat hereditary, I also imagined that Duke Grogar was probably strong in at least one way. Maybe he's gotten old though.

Their family must be terrible at naming their children. >w<

Just do it all at once! :blob_paint: Chaos is interesting!

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades
Anyway, this discussion was a lot of fun~

It kind of distracted me from writing, but it's mostly because I'm at that stage where I am waiting for the right motivation boost to write. I'm a weird case of either writing 1 or 10 chapters in a single sitting...

But hopefully I can finish the things I have planned in fewer chapters than the first one, since I have four quests in particular I want to make in sequence for the story beats I have planned...
Mood

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Yo @ohko did this duke went in a direction ya imagine, lol?
Also, I cant take his son seriously.....
:blob_happy: I was surprised that everyone seemed so excited about the Duke! It was kind of a random thing that I randomly threw a wrench for.

Everyone's stories was going too smoothly so I felt like chaos would be amusing... :blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek:

Ah, thanks~

So it hasn't been mentioned/revealed his peerage name, I assume?
Nope! I don't think anyone has mentioned it!

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper
Nope! I don't think anyone has mentioned it!
Then golly gosh, if nobody gives him one I'm rolling the RNG to give him one when I finally get to one of his quests.

Also, I'm really behind on the reading, so anyone who has wrote with him please poke me because I will probably need to put said chapters on top of my priority 'to read' list.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Then golly gosh, if nobody gives him one I'm rolling the RNG to give him one when I finally get to one of his quests.

Also, I'm really behind on the reading, so anyone who has wrote with him please poke me because I will probably need to put said chapters on top of my priority 'to read' list.
I think mainly the freestyle thread and @luxia

There's a bit on Sir Gawrgaru in my story. His airship is registered with the Conshire Isles.

Way

With the name Grogar, I cant imagine him being muscly tho. That name doesnt command respect and power. I think he is more of a armchair leader tho. Not on the field, but has a vast military experience, past his prime and due to his lavish life, isn't in the best of shape. He got good, and I mean really good commanders and fighters under him. Maybe not my initial image of him, but I would developed him as a duke how gor over his head about his power and all, due to his lately lavish life style and 20 years of relative peace. Maybe after some failure or opposition, he will slowly returned to his former glory, but just a little too late for a complete victories.
Well my version of the duke was this middle-aged guy with a beard who fills his house with a bunch animal heads he claims to have hunted them when he really just buys them of the adventurers guild, and the guild blackmails him with this knowledge even though it's an open secret and he thinks that no one knows.
It's my personal bias, but in fiction, I really like the idea of 'villain who is full of shit but can actually beat you in wrestling' especially since there are the stereotypes surrounding nobility (them being armchair leaders unless they are young and plucky) in play in this context, which makes the possibility of Grogar actually being able to pull his own weight in a confrontation waaay more exciting than 'my guards will protect me while I spew bullshit, only that they will proceed to die to this awesome person I am confronting'

Grogar's name sounds like an early-game boss's name, tbh- of some Orc/Troll boss specifically. Also, you know, his son is literally called Gawrgaru. If anything I'm expecting a family legend about the founder rising to the top even with such a silly name, with a family tradition of giving bad names to 'build character'. Afterall, if no one dares make fun of your name, you know you've made it.
Grogar's son (Sir Gawrgaru) is actually super strongk. In Ume's story, he jumped over 100 meters, crashed through an airship, and survived a kaboom when it crashed into Aerelieth. Sir Gawrgaru is super muscly and wields a giant warhammer.

Assuming that it's somewhat hereditary, I also imagined that Duke Grogar was probably strong in at least one way. Maybe he's gotten old though.

I didn't even know this, now I feel super validated in my opinion xD

Reborn_Cat

A lazy cat pretending to be human
Grogar's name sounds like an early-game boss's name, tbh- of some Orc/Troll boss specifically. Also, you know, his son is literally called Gawrgaru. If anything I'm expecting a family legend about the founder rising to the top even with such a silly name, with a family tradition of giving bad names to 'build character'. Afterall, if no one dares make fun of your name, you know you've made it.
There's actually a story on royalroad called house witch that has this setting. It has a military commander called dick with the last name fuks and his son is named les

fyrre

What if the Duke's family is a military one? I'm assuming this because Sir Gawrgaru is super strong and Duke Grogar's stupid manifest destiny thing.

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades
It's my personal bias, but in fiction, I really like the idea of 'villain who is full of shit but can actually beat you in wrestling' especially since there are the stereotypes surrounding nobility (them being armchair leaders unless they are young and plucky) in play in this context, which makes the possibility of Grogar actually being able to pull his own weight in a confrontation waaay more exciting than 'my guards will protect me while I spew bullshit, only that they will proceed to die to this awesome person I am confronting'

I didn't even know this, now I feel super validated in my opinion xD
What if the Duke's family is a military one? I'm assuming this because Sir Gawrgaru is super strong and Duke Grogar's stupid manifest destiny thing.
Now I imagine Grogar look like a medevial Theodore Roosevel…. The Bull Moose and everything

Way

Honestly, we should probably start filling in characters in the wiki. A dramatis personae of NPCs would be nice xD
iirc according to luxia Grogar is part of the militant faction, so I was operating under the assumption that Duke Grogar's family is a military one xD

fyrre

Honestly, we should probably start filling in characters in the wiki. A dramatis personae of NPCs would be nice xD

iirc according to luxia Grogar is part of the militant faction, so I was operating under the assumption that Duke Grogar's family is a military one xD
Yes! We should have wikis for important NPCs so people know things about them if they want to include them in their story!