Adventurer's Guild [AGSA] Adventurer's Guild Sky Archipelago - Freestyle RP

Way

:blob_dizzy::blob_dizzy::blob_dizzy::blob_dizzy::blob_dizzy::blob_dizzy::blob_dizzy::blob_dizzy:

Lucia... shivered at the mention of a cut of meat.

Moreover now the assassin was sitting next to her!

Her nerves completely vanished.

Her stale bread untouched (they were cut neatly into 1-inch squares), Lucia bolted for the door. She left her plate at the bar and didn't even pay...

OC - Lucia
Location - Tavern [Sky Harbor]
Just as Lucia bolted for the door, a large shadow was cast on the doorsteps of the inn!

Adorned in his regular gear, though he wore a regular longsword in a belt since it wasn't exactly polite to carry his trusty greatsword into such an establishment, Eochaidh yawned slightly, his movements a bit more stiff than usual as he marched up the doorstep.

He hadn't gotten much sleep after that pirate raid for a multitude of reasons, and thus decided that perhaps a pick-me-up in the form of a hot meal was what he needed, so he made his way towards one of the taverns in the area for some hot soup.

In his tiredness and without maintaining the infusions that made him so deadly in combat, however, he was less aware than usual and thus failed to see Lucia rushing towards the door as he slowly pulled it open.

OC - Eochaidh O'Byrnei
Location - Tavern [Sky Harbor]

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
"...Well, so much for communication. No matter. Ilya, the seeds will get stale if you don't eat them now."

Shrugging, Kanon sat and started on her own meal. The steak wasn't bad in any sense of the word, but the taste was still remarkably different, and that drew a frown from her.

"Bit by bit, the cooking at home's ruined me, huh. I don't even think I could survive off the wild anymore...oh, well. It can't be helped! Bwahahaha!"

Evidently, someone already had a bit to drink.
*stops shivering once Kanon talks to her*
*looks towards Kanon*

"Seeds!?" :blob_aww: "Where are they? I can't feel them right now!"

Bochi

*stops shivering once Kanon talks to her*
*looks towards Kanon*

"Seeds!?" :blob_aww: "Where are they? I can't feel them right now!"
"I lied, of course. They don't serve sunflower seeds at a bar---huh?"

Kanon's grin lasted just long enough for the barkeep to slide another plate in front of her. And the contents of the dish? Sunflower seeds.

"...Well, that's unexpected. Anyway, here you go, Illy. Go wild."

And to herself she mumbled,

"F*ckin capitalism..."​

AliceShiki

"I lied, of course. They don't serve sunflower seeds at a bar---huh?"

Kanon's grin lasted just long enough for the barkeep to slide another plate in front of her. And the contents of the dish? Sunflower seeds.

"...Well, that's unexpected. Anyway, here you go, Illy. Go wild."

And to herself she mumbled,

"F*ckin capitalism..."​
*tilts head*

"Lied? Illy? Wild? What are those?

"And where are the seeds!? I can't feel them!" *eyes get a bit tearful*
*stomach rumbles*
"I'm hungry..."

Bochi

*tilts head*

"Lied? Illy? Wild? What are those?

"And where are the seeds!? I can't feel them!" *eyes get a bit tearful*
*stomach rumbles*
"I'm hungry..."
"Eh? But they're right here, in this dish...like, literally right here."

Kanon scooped up a handful of seeds and waved it about. A few pieces spilled, but she didn't bother with those.

"Wait, don't tell me you're still drunk? Look at my hands, Ilya. How many fingers?"

With the exception of her ring finger, the rest were all extended.

AliceShiki

"Eh? But they're right here, in this dish...like, literally right here."

Kanon scooped up a handful of seeds and waved it about. A few pieces spilled, but she didn't bother with those.

"Wait, don't tell me you're still drunk? Look at my hands, Ilya. How many fingers?"

With the exception of her ring finger, the rest were all extended.
*seeds that spilled hit the counter*

"Seeds!" *happily flies to the ones that fell*
*tatters a bit around them*
*gathers a few that were close*
*starts eating them one by one*
*looks towards Kanon's face*

"What's look by the way?"

Bochi

*seeds that spilled hit the counter*

"Seeds!" *happily flies to the ones that fell*
*tatters a bit around them*
*gathers a few that were close*
*starts eating them one by one*
*looks towards Kanon's face*

"What's look by the way?"
"That's...err...nevermind. It's not important."

If Kanon had to be perfectly honest with herself...she had no experience taking care of children by like, at all. That wasn't exactly a reassuring state of affairs to be in, and it was causing her undue stress.

This is all that no-good receptionist's fault. I'll be sure to settle the score when we meet again next time.

Stress also had a way of encouraging binge-eating, which was how the steak disappeared into her belly without her noticing it. What a waste of a good cut of beef.

"Say, Ilya, are you...actually, forget that line of thought. What do fairies do, anyway?"

AliceShiki

"That's...err...nevermind. It's not important."

If Kanon had to be perfectly honest with herself...she had no experience taking care of children by like, at all. That wasn't exactly a reassuring state of affairs to be in, and it was causing her undue stress.

This is all that no-good receptionist's fault. I'll be sure to settle the score when we meet again next time.

Stress also had a way of encouraging binge-eating, which was how the steak disappeared into her belly without her noticing it. What a waste of a good cut of beef.

"Say, Ilya, are you...actually, forget that line of thought. What do fairies do, anyway?"
*tilts head*

"I fly... I eat the sunflower seeds that mom showed me where they were... Drank water from the lake that mom took me to... Mom helped me bathe... Played around with mom..." *gets a bit tearful* "And and and... Sleep?

"Hey... Do you know where mom is...? I miss mom..." *tears start dropping freely*

Bochi

*tilts head*

"I fly... I eat the sunflower seeds that mom showed me where they were... Drank water from the lake that mom took me to... Mom helped me bathe... Played around with mom..." *gets a bit tearful* "And and and... Sleep?

"Hey... Do you know where mom is...? I miss mom..." *tears start dropping freely*
Dear lord up high, I hate you so much...

To her credit, who could've foreseen walking into that sort of minefield unless they were prescient or something?

"Sorry, Ilya, you're the first fairy I've seen here, so I wouldn't know. But I'll keep an eye out, okay? I'm sure your mother wouldn't want you to be sad."

Yep, I'm definitely trash at cheering up kids. If only Sen was here or something, she's certainly got the work experience for it.

When in this sort of situation, there was only one thing she could resort to --- distraction! And the tool used for this distraction would be none other than --- sweets! Kanon pretended to fumble around in her pockets, nudging out a wrapped item which promptly landed on the floor.

"Dear, oh dear."

Picking it up and pretending to dust it out, Kanon mumbled somewhat loudly enough for the fairy to hear.

"Hopefully it's still good to eat, what with the world-crossing and all. And it's my last piece of candy, too! I should really save something this sweet for later..."

AliceShiki

Dear lord up high, I hate you so much...

To her credit, who could've foreseen walking into that sort of minefield unless they were prescient or something?

"Sorry, Ilya, you're the first fairy I've seen here, so I wouldn't know. But I'll keep an eye out, okay? I'm sure your mother wouldn't want you to be sad."

Yep, I'm definitely trash at cheering up kids. If only Sen was here or something, she's certainly got the work experience for it.

When in this sort of situation, there was only one thing she could resort to --- distraction! And the tool used for this distraction would be none other than --- sweets! Kanon pretended to fumble around in her pockets, nudging out a wrapped item which promptly landed on the floor.

"Dear, oh dear."

Picking it up and pretending to dust it out, Kanon mumbled somewhat loudly enough for the fairy to hear.

"Hopefully it's still good to eat, what with the world-crossing and all. And it's my last piece of candy, too! I should really save something this sweet for later..."
"Keeping... Eye... Out?" *sniffs* "Aren't eyes better... In the head?

"I-Ilya will... Ilya will try..." *sniffs* "Ilya doesn't want mom sad..."

*perks ears at noise*

"... What is candy? Sweet things are nice... If candy is sweet... Then candy is tasty, right?

"... I like tasty things..."

Bochi

"Keeping... Eye... Out?" *sniffs* "Aren't eyes better... In the head?

"I-Ilya will... Ilya will try..." *sniffs* "Ilya doesn't want mom sad..."

*perks ears at noise*

"... What is candy? Sweet things are nice... If candy is sweet... Then candy is tasty, right?

"... I like tasty things..."
Success! Well, only partially, but there was hope! Now all she needed to do was to was to guide the conversation skillfully away from---

Calm down, Kanon! Excitement only increases the likelihood of messing up. Deep breaths, deep breaths...

"Ah!"

Continuing to pretend as if she'd made a blunder, Kanon unwrapped the piece of confectionery with pretended reluctance and left it in the palm of her hand. It was about one-fourth the size of Ilya herself.

Oya, it's a hard candy. Let's not end up with a toothless fairy here.

"You can eat the shell, but it's hard, so don't bite it."

AliceShiki

Success! Well, only partially, but there was hope! Now all she needed to do was to was to guide the conversation skillfully away from---

Calm down, Kanon! Excitement only increases the likelihood of messing up. Deep breaths, deep breaths...

"Ah!"

Continuing to pretend as if she'd made a blunder, Kanon unwrapped the piece of confectionery with pretended reluctance and left it in the palm of her hand. It was about one-fourth the size of Ilya herself.

Oya, it's a hard candy. Let's not end up with a toothless fairy here.

"You can eat the shell, but it's hard, so don't bite it."
"I can!?" *stares at Kanon's face with shiny eyes*

"You're a really nice fairy! Thank you!!!"

*seems to be eagerly waiting for something*

*seems to be a bit confused*

"... Where's the sweet?" *tilts head*

Bochi

"I can!?" *stares at Kanon's face with shiny eyes*

"You're a really nice fairy! Thank you!!!"

*seems to be eagerly waiting for something*

*seems to be a bit confused*

"... Where's the sweet?" *tilts head*
"Err, it's right here in my hand. The yellow thing that looks like a square."

That's the second time it's happened, isn't it? Both the seeds and the candy were in plain sight, but Ilya didn't notice either...hold up. Does it have to be pointed out to her before she's able to register it as edible? I'm overthinking this...right?

Just to be sure, Kanon gestured to the candy with her other hand while asking a question.

"By the way, how old are you this year, Ilya?"

AliceShiki

"Err, it's right here in my hand. The yellow thing that looks like a square."

That's the second time it's happened, isn't it? Both the seeds and the candy were in plain sight, but Ilya didn't notice either...hold up. Does it have to be pointed out to her before she's able to register it as edible? I'm overthinking this...right?

Just to be sure, Kanon gestured to the candy with her other hand while asking a question.

"By the way, how old are you this year, Ilya?"
"What's yellow?" *tilts head* "And where is your hand? I can't feel it...

"How old though...? I was... 10? 12? 8? I'm not sure... Oh oh! What's a year btw!?"

Bochi

"What's yellow?" *tilts head* "And where is your hand? I can't feel it...

"How old though...? I was... 10? 12? 8? I'm not sure... Oh oh! What's a year btw!?"
"Urk---no, this is alright. Ilya, I'll guide you with my other hand, so don't worry, okay?"

The simple task of using her opened palm to nudge the fairy's feet took way too long. Mostly because Ilya was tiny and Kanon wasn't sure if she'd be sent flying with any sudden movements.

"Do you feel something below your feet? That's my hand, so you can stop flying for a little bit. I've got you."

She didn't have the time to wipe away the drops of sweat rolling down her forehead. Kanon appeared calm, but inside she was anything but.

Ilya's mother, please! Your daughter isn't going to survive alone on hopes and prayers! Please teach her how to feed herself next time...

Lamenting in her heart, Kanon looked to the ceiling, to the sky, praying to an unnamed being.

AliceShiki

"Urk---no, this is alright. Ilya, I'll guide you with my other hand, so don't worry, okay?"

The simple task of using her opened palm to nudge the fairy's feet took way too long. Mostly because Ilya was tiny and Kanon wasn't sure if she'd be sent flying with any sudden movements.

"Do you feel something below your feet? That's my hand, so you can stop flying for a little bit. I've got you."

She didn't have the time to wipe away the drops of sweat rolling down her forehead. Kanon appeared calm, but inside she was anything but.

Ilya's mother, please! Your daughter isn't going to survive alone on hopes and prayers! Please teach her how to feed herself next time...

Lamenting in her heart, Kanon looked to the ceiling, to the sky, praying to an unnamed being.
*gets pushed a bit* "Oooooooh, what a big hand! You're a really really big fairy!"

*stops on your hand*
*tatters a bit*
*touches the sweet*
*picks up the sweet*
*licks it up a bit*

"Yummy! Ehe, thank you!!!" *happily starts licking the shell*

Bochi

*gets pushed a bit* "Oooooooh, what a big hand! You're a really really big fairy!"

*stops on your hand*
*tatters a bit*
*touches the sweet*
*picks up the sweet*
*licks it up a bit*

"Yummy! Ehe, thank you!!!" *happily starts licking the shell*
"You're welcome."

While she really wanted and probably should have retorted that she wasn't a fairy at all, Kanon just didn't have the mental capacity to spare to ruin a childhood, so she wisely kept that to herself.

Now that I think about it, thank f*ck I was the one sent here out of everyone in the archives. Some of them would be all too happy to contribute to a child's trauma...unfortunately, many of them would also probably handle the entire matter with better efficiency. Haaah.

Still - Kanon herself could only postpone the problem somewhat, and not solve it. She couldn't stick around forever.

I'll have a word with Kaede about this, maybe she'd like a tiny companion on the Mayfly shouting 'Hey, listen!'

That last thought cheered her up, and so Kanon smiled.​

AliceShiki

"You're welcome."

While she really wanted and probably should have retorted that she wasn't a fairy at all, Kanon just didn't have the mental capacity to spare to ruin a childhood, so she wisely kept that to herself.

Now that I think about it, thank f*ck I was the one sent here out of everyone in the archives. Some of them would be all too happy to contribute to a child's trauma...unfortunately, many of them would also probably handle the entire matter with better efficiency. Haaah.

Still - Kanon herself could only postpone the problem somewhat, and not solve it. She couldn't stick around forever.

I'll have a word with Kaede about this, maybe she'd like a tiny companion on the Mayfly shouting 'Hey, listen!'

That last thought cheered her up, and so Kanon smiled.​
*ends up eating the whole thing*
*happily smiles and stretches*
*yawns*

"Thanks for the meal..."

*falls asleep in Kanon's hand while still smiling*

Bochi

*ends up eating the whole thing*
*happily smiles and stretches*
*yawns*

"Thanks for the meal..."

*falls asleep in Kanon's hand while still smiling*
"Finally asleep? What a boisterous little one."

Grinning wryly, Kanon got up to leave, but not before carefully entrusting the sleeping fairy with the barkeep, who agreed to keep a look out until she awoke.

"Well, I suppose the Mayfly should be fixed by now, so...it's time to fly!"

A new journey always had their way of causing excitement, and though she was fast nearing sixty she wasn't quite an exception.

"Right, here we go!"​

Tavern Tales - End

Bochi

The Encroaching Darkness, Second Verse

Glass roses mark the untended grave
Withering plants the sanctuary hide
Rays of dawn not the guardians crave
Begone, o perilous tide

You know how they say that animals are especially receptive towards danger? A natural disaster, a predator or a rival in the food chain; one would do well not to underestimate the bestial instinct which facilitates survival.

No birds flew from the direction of Cimon's Hollow that morning, nor did any other skyborne creature. That region of airspace sunk into uneasy silence, much like the atmosphere of the Hollow itself - just on a far wider scale. By the time the neighboring islands had taken notice, it was already too late to stop what'd been set into motion.

*Boom* *Boom* *Boom*

The island trembled under successive quakes, sending shockwaves through the air, and the tallest landform in the Hollow - a small hill - cracked before promptly shattering. That patch of surrounding sky slowly took on a bloody hue.

lä, lä, lä.

As the prayers slowly grew louder, the fragments of earth and stone started assembling, piling up and jutting out sharply at the peak - a multi-colored spire thrumming with sinister light.

Though the chanting had not lessened in volume, a steady humming started resonating from the spire, drowning out everything else in the vicinity.

Thousands of miles away, a certain person glanced in the direction of Cimon's Hollow.

"Oh, f*ck."

OC - ???
Location - Cimon's Hollow Sleepy Hollow