Adventurer's Guild [AGSA] Adventurer's Guild Sky Archipelago - Freestyle RP

luxia

((OOC: I also wrote something on this topic (kind of like @Way's worldbuilding chapter). Let me know if this is bad worldbuilding and I can change it))

Chapter link: 3. I need coffee…

Copied here:

Around a week later. It was a dark and stormy night.

The rain was an absolute downpour, and it pounded heavily on the roof of Lucia's apartment. The 27-year-old receptionist was sitting on her sofa, wrapped in a heavy quilt with a mug of hot liqueur coffee in her hands, reading quietly underneath dim candlelight. Despite the late hour, she took casual sips of her rum-spiked alcoholic coffee.

This beverage was precious — ever since the Worldshift, coffee beans weren't available in the grocery stores anymore, and there was no telling if Adventurers would discover a coffee bean substitute in this new world. In fact, it was entirely possible that coffee beans did not exist in this new universe. Once Lucia's reserves ran out, perhaps she would never drink coffee ever again.

This was actually a slightly alarming thought.

If she couldn't drink coffee... Lucia was quite sure that her body would enter withdrawal. She'd probably die without coffee. The receptionist had a powerful dependency on this bitter beverage, and it was beyond the level of an addiction. Some people called Lucia an "alcoholic" (and yes, she was sort of an alcoholic), but in truth Lucia was more of a "coffee-holic" than an alcoholic.

Lucia drank a lot of alcohol.

But she drank even more coffee than alcohol.

In fact, she always drank her spirits with a large cup of coffee.

This was somewhere on the order of 3-4 pints of coffee per day (with an equivalent amount of alcohol). Ninety percent of Lucia's disposable income went to purchasing coffee and alcohol, which was actually really depressing, if you thought about it seriously. The 27-year-old had virtually no social life or friends. After finishing her shift at work, Lucia always went straight home. Aside from paying for rent and a little bit of food, the rest of Lucia's salary went fueling her chemical addiction.

Lucia had very little in savings.

In truth, her entire pantry was filled with coffee beans. It was probably over 2000 kg of coffee, which was probably more coffee than ordinary people would drink in their lifetimes. However, Lucia consumed a lot of coffee. Normally, she purchased it wholesale directly from specialty merchants, but she lost many of her former contacts after Sky Archipelago landed in another world.

Her 2000 kg coffee reserve would probably last for a while, but Lucia wasn't sure if she should begin rationing her beans.

...She probably didn't have the willpower for that.

It was impossible to reduce her coffee consumption.

Lucia continued to sip her alcoholic coffee, feeling depressed as she flipped through her book late at night.

+ + +​

Around 9 o'clock in the evening, Lucia's Butterfly buzzed with a flurry of notifications.

Apparently, Duke Grogar had once struck again with his newest controversy, and many adventurers were up in a frenzy about this "Manifest Destiny" declaration. Of course, this was hardly the first time that the duke had done such a thing, and he had quite a reputation for promoting violent and aggressive policies.

Sky Archipelago was hardly a unified country, and there were many factions with different beliefs.

Duke Grogar was part of Sky Archipelago's militant faction.

Politics in the Archipelago could be especially chaotic, especially since the Queen never showed her face and she rarely provided opinions about various issues. In fact, in most cases, she was entirely absent, and there were even conspiracy theories that she didn't exist. Some people believed that the Queen was a fictional entity invented by the rich and powerful to placate the commoners.

Ultimately, the politics of Sky Archipelago involved a lot of bickering between nobles, each whom ruled their own island with its own laws and special provisions. The islands were very much like city-states, and each island would often negotiate its own foreign relations and trade agreements. For instance, the island of Aerelieth was exclusively ruled by a single hereditary family (the House of Aerelieth), whereas the Conshire Isles was governed by a council of elders. Aerelieth had already begun negotiations with with the Kingdom of Numancy, but this did not mean that all the other islands would automatically share the same agreement.

Often times, islands were part of collective pacts and unions to increase their negotiating power, but there were several factions, and they often did not agree on major issues.

The Adventurer's Guild had a longstanding policy of remaining neutral on matters of politics.

To avoid offending various islands and factions, the Adventurer's Guild does not remove, censor, or take down quests based on political beliefs. Regardless of the ramifications, the guild allows any sponsor to post any quest as long as the sponsor is willing to pay for it. In the Old World, Sky Archipelago was one of the best places in the world for mercenaries and bounty hunters, and it was common to see bounties for capturing various individuals, smuggling illegal goods, piracy, and even assassination quests.

Lucia remembered a time years ago when there was a foreign kingdom that erupted into civil war.

Each side of the war attempted to hire adventurers from the Sky Archipelago to fight on their behalf. Ultimately, both quests were posted right next to each other on the quest board, and adventurers could choose which side to fight for. It seemed very strange, but some adventurers even chose to fight on opposite sides.

In the end, the guild made a lot of money by collecting gold from both sides of the war.

Lucia's personal opinion about the Adventurer's Guild was that it was very greedy.

She sighed as she listened to her Butterfly. Many of the newer adventurers were mistaken if they thought that a quest could be taken down. Sponsored quests were virtually never removed, and the only option was to post a competing quest for the exact opposite thing.

But would anyone dare challenge the duke directly?

+ + +​

Reborn_Cat

A lazy cat pretending to be human
Journal entry 4

Today has officially been 2 weeks since I've arrived at the Sky Archipelago, today was a disaster at the adventurer's as the professor went on a rampage. I would never have believed the old man was that strong had I seen first hand the damage he caused to the adventurers guild. I feel the receptionist's have probably gained a new trauma of old men in lab coats. Thanks to that I now have to find out where to get a new desk during this chaotic time, I've already been sent out 3 shops cause of how busy the carpenters are trying to fix the damage caused by the world shift.

On the plus side for today, I'm finally able to move into my private dorm room today, I no longer have to sleep next to the chemical cabinet in the lab. Though the location of the the dorm is hard to find since the campus is huge. I mean, back in my world, an entire island dedicated to a university was something that was only found in storybooks. The island official name of Runeswick, but honestly everyone just calls it University isle to the point where even some locals are shocked to hear the island real name.

Anyways I have to signout now and resume searching for a desk.
Dew Winters

OC: Dew Winters

Bochi

Encroaching Darkness, First Verse​

O' sweet beloved, dearly missed
What befell of your radiant smile?
An ageless sleep within the mist
Cold lips do not secrets tell

The two floating landmasses that made up Cimon's Island have never been particularly bustling. After all, one of them was abandoned and the other hosted a backwater town. There weren't many good reasons for airships to pass by this stretch of airspace, save the occasional merchant vessel that docked at the town's humble pier.

The town itself comprised mostly of children and the elderly; many of the healthy adults had gone to seek better opportunities elsewhere. The island had nothing interesting to its name, so of course nobody paid much attention to it.

Well, almost nobody.

For a certain occupation, the conditions were practically perfect.
* * *​

The thing about caverns - they're pretty dark, even with a source of light.

Oil lanterns adorned the ceiling and candles littered the floor, but the glow of the flames was dimmer than it ought to be. There was something substantial about the air here, something alive, malicious.

"O' Lord, Keeper of Secrets, grant us an audience..."

A few hooded people knelt in prayer, mumbling unintelligibly. At the front stooped one in robes richer than the rest; their words much more articulate as well.

"With the spilling of innocent blood, we beseech of you to descend, and partake. Accept our humble offering…"

A smooth slab of marble, upon which a figure laid, bound and squirming. Muffled cries occasionally escaped the linen gag.

With a stroke of the arm, the figure ceased struggling. Red splattered the clean altar, and for a period the chanting stopped. Silence reigned for a time until the person at the front turned, pocketing the bloody dagger.

"...Our Lord appreciates the offering. But,"

Uneasy shuffling came from the people kneeling.

"The accumulation of life energy has not reached a sufficient amount. For the Lord to descend in the flesh, we are to provide more offerings."

Still, no one dared to speak. Motionless they knelt, awaiting further instructions. It didn't take long.

"Well? There's nothing else, so proceed as per usual. And don't let any fish slip the net, like last time. Don't worry about drawing attention; those fools are occupied with a problem of their own making, as usual."

NPC: ???

Last edited:

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades
First Night in Aerelieth
"This should be the place, huh....." Gargan looked at the repaired doorway of the tavern, "Golden Wings...." Reading off the name on the sign hanging just above the doors, Gargan steeled his nerve and entered. He could never get use to this feeling, making an entrance to a new tavern. "Hah....I wish Drown Man Drink is here.....I missed those guys."

The first thing that greeted the birdman was the alcoholic smell that permeated in the air. It was strong, strong enough to make him feel drunk without taking any slip of drink. All eyes were on him, the newcomer, adding to the fact that his appearance is a little more than exotic here. Still, that was something he is familiar with, and shrugged it off, making his way to one of the empty stool by the counter. Most of the customer seems to preferred themselves a table instead, leaving quite a few for Gargan to choose from.

"Welcome. Haven't seen you around. Outlander, I assumed?" The barkeep asked, as he slides Gargan a piece of papers cataloging their offered drink. "I recommend Gialieth's Drink, if you are new here, or Dragon Beard if you like something strong."

"Then, I, um.... I've one Gialieth's Drink then." Gargan answered, uncertain of his choice. He haven't have something strong in a while, but starting with one is never a good direction, unless one is a dwarf. "The house seems pretty pack tonight, huh?"

"ONE GIA!" The keep barked, as he get a glass ready. "Aye, everyone seems to love hanging out after a hard day. You know, repairing the cities, getting everything back to normal.....The Worldshift causes a lot more stress and unrest among the people than the last Spirit War." He answered offhandedly, as a younger waiter slugged a barrel next to him. The keep turned on one of the valves, and fill the glass with the golden ale.

"Oh....It's smell sweet. I didn't expected that." Gargan commented, and then took a slip. The cold, sweet liquid drained down his throat, and he quite like it. It is not often that he drank a sweet ale. "Say, did what the Duke did also contributed to this?"

"The Duke? Grogar?" The keep scratches his head, unsure of what to said. "I supposed so...."

"Let me tell ya!" The dwarf next to Gargan interrupted, and he could felt the burn of alcohol just from this man beard. "That Duke there, see, he was a great commander. One of the best even. Waaaay back in the Spirit War. Heard him won a battle or two.....But, ya know, we has been at peace for, what, 15-16 years now...."

"20" The keep corrected the dwarf.

"Yea, yeah. Whatever. 20,15 not much different." The dismissed. "Anyway, we been at peace for long. No big battle, no military action. and that man has been itching for some for a while more."

"Duke Grogar seem to be a military man, then?" Gargan asked.

"Seem? HAH!" The dwarf laugh, "He IS the military man. Big, strong, charismatic.....His troops love him. The people, not so much. Well, that is more recently though....." And the dwarf slump over, mumbling the rest of his sentence.

"This expedition of his, he meant" The keep continued. "A lot of us are unsure if that is the wise move. Young Master Erlan just make contact with some Nova native, and this expedition could risk a war with them."

"..." Gargan kept his silent.

"Even the High Council is at war with each other, debating whether or not to called off the thing.....Last I heard, the Warhawk seems to be the majority, but the Moderated doesn't seems to back down either."

The weather seems to clear for now, but only gods know for how long, as Gargan continued his drink, and moved onto the next, under the keep recommendations.

OC | Gargan Kiri
Setting | Golden Wings - Aerelieth
Word Count | Nope
Tag | @ohko (But anyone in Aerelieth could drop by!)

OOC: Is this the rumored tavern setting??????

Last edited:

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Gold!

Ume's eyes sparkled as she walked out of the Adventurer's Guild carrying a fat sack of coins. Perhaps it was the dragon blood inside of her, but the prospect of treasure got her heart thumping. Even though it was only a hundred coins (and a loan, too), the young dragon's instinctive desire to hoard treasure was already stimulated. It was actually a nesting habit of her species. It simply wasn't a proper dragon's nest unless there was a giant mountain of jewels and treasure, and no dragon would feel comfortable laying eggs without a huge pile of precious valuables.

From a Ryūjin's (竜人) perspective, treasure was actually sexy. It made Ume blush, and her face was slightly hot as she paced furiously around the streets of Aerelieth. She was so scatterbrained that she kept turning right at every intersection, and ultimately she walked circles around the same city block around twenty times.

This was her first treasure!

Ume was so embarrassed!!!

Next she would need a place to hoard her treasure. It would need an advanced automatic magical defense system, SSSS-rank spirit golems, a dungeon core, plasma barrier, and obviously a throne room gilded with mithril. Even if it was only 100 GP, Ume intended to treasure it forever. Nobody could be allowed to steal it, and Ume intended to display those golden coins in a glass case with a pedestal describing it as her first treasure.

She was so excited that if her fiancé showed up right now, Ume would proudly flaunt it in front of him.

Ume's treasure was so amazing!! Zetsubou would probably marvel at her achievements, and Ume would gloat about it in front of him. She was only 53-years-old and already starting her treasure hoard! He would obviously be incredibly impressed, and for once Ume didn't mind the idea of seeing her fiancé. Where was that stupid evil dragon, anyways?​

+ + +​

Ultimately, Ume dreamily strolled into a tavern. She was still in a feverish state about the treasure she obtained and quite thirsty.

She walked up to the bar and climbed onto a bar stool. Since her current human disguise was short, Ume actually struggled to pull herself onto the high seat, and she flailed a little bit before successfully mounting the stool. The young dragon glanced left and right, and the tavern was very crowded. A bird man was right next to her, and it looked like he was drinking something particularly delicious.

Ume flagged down the bartender.

"I'll have some of that!" She said, pointing at the bird man's drink.

The bartender glanced at the new customer. From his perspective, it looked like a young purple-haired human teenager had come up to the bar, and she barely looked fifteen years old.

"We don't sell alcohol to minors," the bartender said.

Ume looked shocked.

"What do you mean?" The dragon human girl said stupendously. "I'm 53 year olds old!"

The bartender did not appear impressed.

"Tavern policy. No alcohol for minors without parental supervision."

He turned around walked away without another word.

Ume had an ugly expression on her face. She was quite thirsty, and a shot of something strong would be really nice right now. Fortunately, her disappointment did not last for long, since a creative idea flashed through her head.

The young dragon turned to the bird man who was sitting next to her.

There was an innocent smile on Ume's face, and she reached over to tap his shoulder.

"Papa!" She prodded him demandingly. "The bartender is being mean! He won't let me have a drink! Buy me something!"

OC | Ume
Word Count | Nope
Tag | @BouncyCactus

Last edited:

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades
Gold!

Ume's eyes sparkled as she walked out of the Adventurer's Guild carrying a fat sack of coins. Perhaps it was the dragon blood inside of her, but the prospect of treasure got her heart thumping. Even though it was only a hundred coins (and a loan, too), the young dragon's instinctive desire to hoard treasure was already stimulated. It was actually a nesting habit of her species. It simply wasn't a proper dragon's nest unless there was a giant mountain of jewels and treasure, and no dragon would feel comfortable laying eggs without a huge pile of precious valuables.

From a Ryūjin's (竜人) perspective, treasure was actually sexy. It made Ume blush, and her face was slightly hot as she paced furiously around the streets of Aerelieth. She was so scatterbrained that she kept turning right at every intersection, and ultimately she walked circles around the same city block around twenty times.

This was her first treasure!

Ume was so embarrassed!!!

Next she would need a place to hoard her treasure. It would need an advanced automatic magical defense system, SSSS-rank spirit golems, a dungeon core, plasma barrier, and obviously a throne room gilded with mithril. Even if it was only 100 GP, Ume intended to treasure it forever. Nobody could be allowed to steal it, and Ume intended to display those golden coins in a glass case with a pedestal describing it as her first treasure.

She was so excited that if her fiancé showed up right now, Ume would proudly flaunt it in front of him.

Ume's treasure was so amazing!! Zetsubou would probably marvel at her achievements, and Ume would gloat about it in front of him. She was only 53-years-old and already starting her treasure hoard! He would obviously be incredibly impressed, and for once Ume didn't mind the idea of seeing her fiancé. Where was that stupid evil dragon, anyways?​

+ + +​

Ultimately, Ume dreamily strolled into a tavern. She was still in a feverish state about the treasure she obtained and quite thirsty.

She walked up to the bar and climbed onto a bar stool. Since her current human disguise was short, Ume actually struggled to pull herself onto the high seat, and she flailed a little bit before successfully mounting the stool. The young dragon glanced left and right, and the tavern was very crowded. A bird man was right next to her, and it looked like he was drinking something particularly delicious.

Ume flagged down the bartender.

"I'll have some of that!" She said, pointing at the bird man's drink.

The bartender glanced at the new customer. From his perspective, it looked like a young purple-haired human teenager had come up to the bar, and she barely looked fifteen years old.

"We don't sell alcohol to minors," the bartender said.

Ume looked shocked.

"What do you mean?" The dragon human girl said stupendously. "I'm 53 year olds old!"

The bartender did not appear impressed.

"Tavern policy. No alcohol for minors without parental supervision."

He turned around walked away without another word.

Ume had an ugly expression on her face. She was quite thirsty, and a shot of something strong would be really nice right now. Fortunately, her disappointment did not last for long, since a creative idea flashed through her head.

There was an innocent smile on Ume's face, and she reached over to tap his shoulder.

"Papa!" She prodded him demandingly. "The bartender is being mean! He won't let me have a drink! Buy me something!"

OC | Ume
Word Count | Nope
Tag | @BouncyCactus
(OOC: NO U DIDN'T!!!)

Gargan didn't know how long he has been drinking. It must have been more than a dozen different drink, as he has started to feel tipsy and his view started to blurred. An earlier conversation to some little fae folk about flammable object has turned his brain into mushes. Whoever could survive more than 10 minute after the first initial contact with that one is a saint....

"Master! How 'bout we bring out some of that Dragon Beard?" Gargan flagged down the barkeep, who seems to be occupied by a rather small lady next to him. She look familiar, especially her purple hair. It was quite striking. He haven't see anyone with that color for hair before.

"Dragon Beard, coming right up!" The keep repeated, and disappeared to the back.

"Huh?" The let out a yelp, not sure what is going on. "Are you sure you are....not....mistaken?" Certainly, he may have a flings or two, but they can't be here. Although he couldn't be sure.

"Wait....." He called out, and realized the look of the young lady. He has seen that before, the look of (not so) desperate pleading. This one here is trying to buy some alcohol! They are realm-niversal! Minors lying to get drunk! Well, he couldn't really blame them, as nothings better than a cold ale after diving out of some dusty ruins.

If he was sober, then Gargan would certainly trying to stop the young lady, but at his current state? She look more like a drinking partner!

"Ah.....I see....." He murmured, decide to play along with her. "How are you here? Also getting caught up by the Worldshift?" He said loudly, as the barkeep returned with his drink. "Master, another one her this girl too!"

“For her?” He blinked confusedly, and asked. “I’m sorry, she a minor, and as per establishment rule, we can’t serve her without parental supervision.”

“You got mine permission. That one’s an Otherworlder too. One of my spawn…..” If he was sober, Gargan would cringe so hard, his feathers would fallen off. But atlas, he isn’t. “Her mama’s a half-elf, so she look young for her age.”

“Are you sure, sir?” The barkeep asked, suspiciously. “I mean, she look thing like you.”

“Of course she didn’t. She adopted! I’m too young to have a kid this large." Gargan denied, somewhat contradicting his earlier statement. "The bastard ran away when he heard her mama's pregnant. She a friend of mine, so I ended up adopted her too."

"..." The barkeep still didn't believe him, but couldn't find a way to refute the birdman claim.

"I can vow for her," Gargan said, sliding a couple silvers across the counter. "So, let get something light for her, please?"

"...IF you said so," He relented, and pocketed the loose silver. IF anything happen, he could always tell the guard later, and played the victim card....

OC | Gargan Kiri
Counts | Nah, too lazy
Tags | @ohko

Last edited:

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
"Huh?" The let out a yelp, not sure what is going on. "Are you sure you are....not....mistaken?" Certainly, he may have a flings or two, but they can't be here. Although he couldn't be sure.

"Wait....." He called out, and realized the look of the young lady. He has seen that before, the look of (not so) desperate pleading. This one here is trying to buy some alcohol! They are realm-niversal! Minors lying to get drunk! Well, he couldn't really blame them, as nothings better than a cold ale after diving out of some dusty ruins.

If he was sober, then Gargan would certainly trying to stop the young lady, but at his current state? She look more like a drinking partner!

"Ah.....I see....." He murmured, decide to play along with her. "How are you here? Also getting caught up by the Worldshift?" He said loudly, as the barkeep returned with his drink. "Master, another one her this girl too!"
Ume spun side to side on her bar stool. It was one of the swiveling types, and she was in an extraordinarily good mood. Part of the reason was that she was beginning to tire of horribly evil humans, and it was really comforting to be sitting next to a nonhuman bird-man. Perhaps this bird-man was on the 'good' side, just like her! Humans were bad in this universe, and maybe this bird-man would have a lot of advice about the proper way to dispose of evil villainous humans.

"The Worldshift was horrible, Papa!" She chirped. "I fell out of the sky and I saw some bad people killing slimes... it was completely unforgivable... How can there be such evil murderers?"

Ume held up the green slime that she was holding comfortably in her lap like a cushion.

"Look! I rescued a slime!" She beamed at him.

However, the young dragon's expression rapidly turned forlorn.

"...But so many slimes lost their lives that day... my best friend must be really sad... evil villains must be punished!"

“For her?” He blinked confusedly, and asked. “I’m sorry, she a minor, and as per establishment rule, we can’t serve her without parental supervision.”

“You got mine permission. That one’s an Otherworlder too. One of my spawn…..” If he was sober, Gargan would cringe so hard, his feathers would fallen off. But atlas, he isn’t. “Her mama’s a half-elf, so she look young for her age.”

“Are you sure, sir?” The barkeep asked, suspiciously. “I mean, she look thing like you.”

“Of course she didn’t. She adopted! I’m too young to have a kid this large." Gargan denied, somewhat contradicting his earlier statement. "The bastard ran away when he heard her mama's pregnant. She a friend of mine, so I ended up adopted her too."

"..." The barkeep still didn't believe him, but couldn't find a way to refute the birdman claim.

"I can vow for her," Gargan said, sliding a couple silvers across the counter. "So, let get something light for her, please?"

"...IF you said so," He relented, and pocketed the loose silver. IF anything happen, he could always tell the guard later, and played the victim card....
Ume blinked in confusion.

"I was... a-adopted...? Why didn't I know?"

She sounded shocked for some reason.

"We have the same color eyes! And both of us can fly!! Obviously the two of us are related."

Ume seized Gargan's arms tightly and turned towards the bartender.

"See! Both of us look totally alike!" She said confidently, clinging to his arm.

Reptiles were closely related to birds, after all. It was rumored that ancient dinosaurs actually had feathers, and Ume also possessed feathers on her tail. The young dragon was quite confident that she shared certain similarities with the bird-man.

+ + +​

"Lady Luna?" A deep voice came from behind them.

Ume turned around and her eyes immediately went pale.

...It was the massive bulky adventurer who had been on her airship when it it crashed into the tannery. What was his name again...? Sir Gawrgaru...?

He actually looked miserable, as if he had been drinking the tavern ever since the early afternoon. Remarkably, he appeared to be largely uninjured, although he was quite sticky and covered in traces of coal tar. His once-shining armor was covered in dents and leather-working fluid. His ego seemed especially wounded.

"Our airship is in pieces... That's the fourth one we've crashed... I don't know what to say to my father..."

"...aaaaha...."

"How did you guys get back from the Slime Rocks so fast? Where's everyone else?"

Sir Gawrgaru glanced at Ume (note: disguised as Lady Luna) and then at the Gargan. He seemed to be unfamiliar with arakocra, but then he suddenly noticed Ume's arms clinging intimately to the stranger.

His eyes suddenly turned dark.

"Can you get your hands off my fiancée?" Sir Gawrgaru said threateningly to Gargan. "I don't know what's your deal with Lady Luna, but the two of us are a couple. We've been engaged since we were six years old."

OC | Ume
Counts | Heh
Tags | @BouncyCactus

Last edited:

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
Selecting a Quest for Rose (Open)

Manifest Destiny! Mwahaha!
I am Duke Grogar! The esteemed father of Sir Gawrgaru and a powerful noble of the Archipelago.
A Great Lake has been discovered in the Lower World, and it's all juicy and ripe for the picking!
Under my authority, I declare Manifest Destiny! We shall plant a flag and claim it for Her Highness the Queen!
...If you encounter any resistance... Well, you'll just have to kill it! This Great Lake shall henceforth be ours forever!!!!
These quests are funded with my personal fortune with a minimum reward of 10 GP for successful completion of each quest.

+ + +​

Planting a flag!
  • Sponsor: Duke Grogar
  • Prerequisites: N/A
  • Plant a flag in the Great Lake Region.
  • Claim this territory for the Queen!
Yes! Do it! You know you want to! Join us on our expedition!
This land shall be ours! It doesn't matter who owned it before.
As long as it becomes ours, I don't care how you accomplish it.

+ + +
Constructing an Outpost
  • Transport some pioneers to West Landing
  • Help construct a village/outpost/fort
  • Complete at least one building
For military reasons, we shall construct an outpost in West Landing.
It's time to build a village from scratch!
New pioneers are encouraged to settle in our new town.
Note: Pioneers will be paid 50 GP for agreeing to resettle in West Landing.

+ + +
Searching for Gold
  • Search for anything valuable
Treasure! Go and look for some! I command you!
You will be provided with any tools, manpower, or machinery that you need.
Note: Duke Grogar will receive a 50% cut of all treasure identified/obtained.

+ + +
Goblin Extermination Project
  • Defeat 20 goblins
  • Bring back proof of subjugation
Goblins are bad! They're unsightly and I don't like them.
Kill them and you shall be rewarded!

+ + +​

"For all their shiny buildings and culture, it seems like a decent lot of this otherworlders are at the end of the day a bunch of warmongers," Rose grumbled inside. "Fal'kianour probably already has an idea about this," she thought as she collected a copy of each of the quests to show to him. "Knowing him, he probably would somehow spin it into an opportunity for us. Still it seems like the guild also serves the purpose of letting the nobles throw their weight around here."

Regardless this was not what she was here for today. She was here to take another proper quest, one that was not too general, and one that wouldnt be a problem for her status as an ambassador and hopefully one that would not involve going to places she had no idea about.

Reaching out to a nearby receptionist, Rose enquired, "Can you perhaps suggest some quests I should take?"

OC | Rose
Setting | Aerelieth
Count | 155

Reborn_Cat

Selecting a Quest for Rose (Open)

"For all their shiny buildings and culture, it seems like a decent lot of this otherworlders are at the end of the day a bunch of warmongers," Rose grumbled inside. "Fal'kianour probably already has an idea about this," she thought as she collected a copy of each of the quests to show to him. "Knowing him, he probably would somehow spin it into an opportunity for us. Still it seems like the guild also serves the purpose of letting the nobles throw their weight around here."

Regardless this was not what she was here for today. She was here to take another proper quest, one that was not too general, and one that wouldnt be a problem for her status as an ambassador and hopefully one that would not involve going to places she had no idea about.

Reaching out to a nearby receptionist, Rose enquired, "Can you perhaps suggest some quests I should take?"

OC | Rose
Setting | Aerelieth
Count | 155
I walk into the guild in Aerelieth to pick up the quest the professor posted ages ago, since no one had taken the quest as of yet, the university decided to send me to do it before the duke and other adventurers ruin the already broken down ruins further.

As I go to the receptionist to ask about the I bump into this girl with brown hair and pink highlights. "Huh they have highlights in this world as well", I mutter to myself.

OC: Dew Winter

(OOC:
Need a summoner for your party? If not ignore)

Last edited:

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades
"The Worldshift was horrible, Papa!" She chirped. "I fell out of the sky and I saw some bad people killing slimes... it was completely unforgivable... How can there be such evil murderers?"

Ume held up the green slime that she was holding comfortably in her lap like a cushion.

"Look! I rescued a slime!" She beamed at him.

However, the young dragon's expression rapidly turned forlorn.

"...But so many slimes lost their lives that day... my best friend must be really sad... evil villains must be punished!"

'Slimes?', now, it is Gargan turned to be confuse. 'What is a slime? Are they some kind of desert?' He put a hand on his chin, as he eyed the jiggly jelly in the young lady hands, and curiously poked it, which causes it to jiggled even more. "Is this your new friend? He seems friendly. Hey there, little guy." Gargan drunkenly said.

Looking at the couple with a tired eye, the barkeep putted two cups of Dragon Beard on the counter and move away, as he senses trouble. "By the Queen's Grace, let's this night be a peaceful one....." The prayed under his murmured breath, and attended to another customer, namely the now awaken dwarf.

"Lady Luna?" A deep voice came from behind them.

Ume turned around and her eyes immediately went pale.

...It was the massive bulky adventurer who had been on her airship when it it crashed into the tannery. What was his name again...? Sir Gawrgaru...?

He actually looked miserable, as if he had been drinking the tavern ever since the early afternoon. Remarkably, he appeared to be largely uninjured, although he was quite sticky and covered in traces of coal tar. His once-shining armor was covered in dents and leather-working fluid. His ego seemed especially wounded.

"Our airship is in pieces... That's the fourth one we've crashed... I don't know what to say to my father..."

"...aaaaha...."

"How did you guys get back from the Slime Rocks so fast? Where's everyone else?"

Gargan looked at the interrupter, a large man with an impressive stature, and an tired and weary eyes, drown in alcohol. He did not recognized the man, and he seems to yet noticed him, but his attention was on the small lady next to him, who seems to go by the name of Luna.

If this lady know this man, the why was she here, staying next to a stranger instead of him? Gargan's drunken mind was quick to drawn to conclusion.
His eyes suddenly turned dark.

"Can you get your hands off my fiancée?" Sir Gawrgaru said threateningly to Gargan. "I don't know what's your deal with Lady Luna, but the two of us are a couple. We've been engaged since we were six years old."
That wasn't good.... Lady Luna, it was her name, seems to be just man's promised wife, yet she seem....scared? Gargan wasn't sure what the situation was, or is, but the lady does not seem comfortable at all, and even scared, as her eyes seems to dashed around.

"Evening, sir.....?" Gargan asked, played to his drunken state.

"Sir Gawrgaru, son of Duke Grogar, and that is the future Duchess that your hand is on." He answered, brown furrowed. "And I suggest that you unhand her right now."

"Ah, it was but a small mistake, sir honorable knight," Gargan executed a beautiful practiced bows, "But I afraid that I could not.....As the matter stand, it was not me who seizes her hand, Sir Gawrgaru." Gargan presented his elbow, which was tightly held on by Lady Luna. "And, how about we discuss this matter over there instead?" Gargan pointed to an empty table by the corner of the room with his wings, and swiftly pick up the two cups on the counter and marches over there, with the Lady still clinging to him.

"Oh, and please, can you keep our conversation at least civilized?" Gargan said, setting the cups on the tables, one for him, and one for the Lady, all the while looking into the knight's eye. He recognized the look in his eyes, anger and alcohol don't often mixes very well. Terrible even. "Anyway, I believe, an introduction is in order. I am Gargan Kiri, an adventurer and Otherworlder, who only arrive to this wonderful island earlier today." He reaches out for a handshake, in with the young noble reluctantly took.

"Well met then, Gargan." He said, not letting go of his hand.

"Well met." Gargan, unlike his usual self, not backing down this time. "Anyway, I believe the Lady herself doesn't seem to recognized you, Sir Gawrgaru. And, unless there is some proof of your earlier claim, I am afraid that I cannot let the Lady leave with you."

OC | Gargan Kiri
Setting | Golden Wings
Tags | @ohko

Ddraig

I walk into the guild in Aerelieth to pick up the quest the professor posted ages ago, since no one had taken the quest as of yet, the university decided to send me to do it before the duke and other adventurers ruin the already broken down ruins further.

As I go to the receptionist to ask about the I bump into this girl with brown hair and pink highlights. "Huh they have highlights in this world as well", I mutter to myself.

(OOC:
Need a summoner for your party? If not ignore)
The receptionist had recommended her a few quests to work with but the one that interested her amongst the bunch was a quest about exploring some ruins. "Besides, Fal'kianour probably wants me to take such quests too," Rose muttered to herself. If she was here to uphold tradition, she might as well do a good job doing so.

"Yes, I would like to take this quest," Rose said as she handed the pamphlet back to the receptionist. While waiting for the receptionist to do the required paperwork, a rather tall guy arrived at the counter and muttered something about highlights when he saw her. "What is a highlight?" she wondered.

OC | Rose
Location | Aerelieth Guild

(OOC: I may have wanted to choose the literal meaning of bump into :blob_hide:)

Reborn_Cat

The receptionist had recommended her a few quests to work with but the one that interested her amongst the bunch was a quest about exploring some ruins. "Besides, Fal'kianour probably wants me to take such quests too," Rose muttered to herself. If she was here to uphold tradition, she might as well do a good job doing so.

"Yes, I would like to take this quest," Rose said as she handed the pamphlet back to the receptionist. While waiting for the receptionist to do the required paperwork, a rather tall guy arrived at the counter and muttered something about highlights when he saw her. "What is a highlight?" she wondered.

OC | Rose
Location | Aerelieth Guild

(OOC: I may have wanted to choose the literal meaning of bump into :blob_hide:)
"You want some?", I ask my new teammate as I pour myself some coffee from my flask.

Since we ended up taking the same quest at the same time, the receptionist asked whether we two would like to form a temporary party for the quest. I was a bit shocked when she easily agreed as one of my colleague's told me that many adventurer's tend to not form temporary parties cause they don't want to share the rewards they get with stranger's.

Getting back to the story, I offer my teammate some coffee as she looks at me with a puzzled face, not knowing what I was drinking. I tell her the the drink is called coffee that is made from some roasted beans as she takes a sip. Now most coffee lovers probably wouldn't share their coffee during the shortage, but since I only drink coffee from time to time I had no problems giving some to the girl.

Tags: @Ddraig

Last edited:

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
'Slimes?', now, it is Gargan turned to be confuse. 'What is a slime? Are they some kind of desert?' He put a hand on his chin, as he eyed the jiggly jelly in the young lady hands, and curiously poked it, which causes it to jiggled even more. "Is this your new friend? He seems friendly. Hey there, little guy." Gargan drunkenly said.
"Slimes are friends! Not food!" Ume pouted, but did not interfere as Gargan poked her best friend. As far she could tell, the green slime was not bothered by it. In fact, it was still chewing on her hand.

That wasn't good.... Lady Luna, it was her name, seems to be just man's promised wife, yet she seem....scared? Gargan wasn't sure what the situation was, or is, but the lady does not seem comfortable at all, and even scared, as her eyes seems to dashed around.

"Evening, sir.....?" Gargan asked, played to his drunken state.

"Sir Gawrgaru, son of Duke Grogar, and that is the future Duchess that your hand is on." He answered, brown furrowed. "And I suggest that you unhand her right now."

"Ah, it was but a small mistake, sir honorable knight," Gargan executed a beautiful practiced bows, "But I afraid that I could not.....As the matter stand, it was not me who seizes her hand, Sir Gawrgaru." Gargan presented his elbow, which was tightly held on by Lady Luna. "And, how about we discuss this matter over there instead?" Gargan pointed to an empty table by the corner of the room with his wings, and swiftly pick up the two cups on the counter and marches over there, with the Lady still clinging to him.

"Oh, and please, can you keep our conversation at least civilized?" Gargan said, setting the cups on the tables, one for him, and one for the Lady, all the while looking into the knight's eye. He recognized the look in his eyes, anger and alcohol don't often mixes very well. Terrible even. "Anyway, I believe, an introduction is in order. I am Gargan Kiri, an adventurer and Otherworlder, who only arrive to this wonderful island earlier today." He reaches out for a handshake, in with the young noble reluctantly took.

"Well met then, Gargan." He said, not letting go of his hand.

"Well met." Gargan, unlike his usual self, not backing down this time. "Anyway, I believe the Lady herself doesn't seem to recognized you, Sir Gawrgaru. And, unless there is some proof of your earlier claim, I am afraid that I cannot let the Lady leave with you."
Sir Gawrgaru had an incredulous look on his face.

"How could Luna not recognize me?!" He exclaimed in disbelief. "Luna... ever since we were little..."

"You ain't my fiancé." :blob_hmph: Ume interrupted. "My real fiancé is way bigger and scarier than you."

She was already taking enormous gulps of the Dragon's Beard that had arrived in front of her. It was a decisively un-ladylike way of drinking, and she easily drained more than three quarters of the mug in one large swig. Given her short stature, it was quite hard to imagine a young girl chugging such a large quantity of alcohol, but truthfully Ume was holding back.

For a dragon, this was basically like a thimble's worth of alcohol, and it only felt like a tiny water droplet.

Less than a second later, Ume drained the remainder of her drink. She had a disappointed look on her face, as she couldn't believe that it was empty already. What kind of shoddy human bar was this? Any respectable tavern ought to provide magical bottomless chalices for every patron. Proper mugs and pots should re-fill themselves whenever they are emptied.

Sir Gawrgaru's face was pale as a ghost, and it looked as if his brain had stopped working. He was clearly flabbergasted and unable to formulate words. It had been an especially rough day, and the knight simply didn't understand why the universe was doing this to him. First, his airship's anchor had snapped with no reason. He knocked himself falling through the ship's floor, and when he woke up, the Atlantis Trident had crashed into a tannery in Aerelieth which was over 300 kilometers away.

By any degree of common sense, it was impossible for his airship to drift from the Slime Rocks to Aerelieth in such a short period of time. If anything, his airship must have zigzagged around all the islands in between. Sir Gawrgaru was convinced that some kind of witchcraft was at work, and now it had claimed his fiancée as well. :blob_no:

Ume abruptly stood up without warning.

She tugged quite forcefully on Gargan's arm and whined childishly.

"I don't like this tavern. Let's go and find another one!"

OC | Ume
Setting | Golden Wings
Tags | @BouncyCactus
OOC | Let me know when you feel like wrapping up the scene!

Last edited:

Ddraig

"You want some?", I ask my new teammate as I pour myself some coffee from my flask.

Since we ended up taking the same quest at the same time, the receptionist asked whether we two would like to form a temporary party for the quest. I was a bit shocked when she easily agreed as one of my colleague's told me that many adventurer's tend to not form temporary parties cause they don't want to share the rewards they get with stranger's.

Getting back to the story, I offer my teammate some coffee as she looks at me with a puzzled face, not knowing what I was drinking. I tell her the the drink is called coffee that is made from some roasted beans as she takes a sip. Now most coffee lovers probably wouldn't share their coffee during the shortage, but since I only drink coffee from time to time I had no problems giving some to the girl.

The drink was rather bitter, but Rose refrained from commenting that when she saw how much her "teammate" liked the drink. A lot of stuff happened, and she inadvertently ended up taking the quest with this guy.

"So when should we go to the surface for the quest?" Rose asked. Remembering the quest copies she had on herself, "I think afternoon works the best, I am a bit busy right now."

OC | Rose
Location | Aerelieth
Tags | @Reborn_Cat

Reborn_Cat

The drink was rather bitter, but Rose refrained from commenting that when she saw how much her "teammate" liked the drink. A lot of stuff happened, and she inadvertently ended up taking the quest with this guy.

"So when should we go to the surface for the quest?" Rose asked. Remembering the quest copies she had on herself, "I think afternoon works the best, I am a bit busy right now."

OC | Rose
Location | Aerelieth
Tags | @Reborn_Cat
"Sure, afternoon works just fine for me, also some people add milk and sugar to coffee incase you find it too bitter, the drink is mainly drunk to wake people up", I reply to rose as she makes a weird face after drinking the coffee, I'll just keep the fact that I forgot to add milk and sugar to her cup to myself, as I continue "Some people add chocolate as well, though in minority".

We make an appointment to meet ant Aerelieth's harbor as I head to some food stall's to try some of the appetizing kebabs they're cooking.

OOC: You have full creative liberty as to how we're doing the quest if you're writing a book, else we can continue doing it like this.

Ddraig

"Sure, afternoon works just fine for me, also some people add milk and sugar to coffee incase you find it too bitter, the drink is mainly drunk to wake people up", I reply to rose as she makes a weird face after drinking the coffee, I'll just keep the fact that I forgot to add milk and sugar to her cup to myself, as I continue "Some people add chocolate as well, though in minority".

We make an appointment to meet ant Aerelieth's harbor as I head to some food stall's to try some of the appetizing kebabs they're cooking.

OOC: You have full creative liberty as to how we're doing the quest if you're writing a book, else we can continue doing it like this.
After parting her way with her new teammate, Rose proceeded towards the Mansion they were currently living in. After handing over the quest reports to Fal'kianour, who seemed more interested in the fact that she was taking with quest with a teammate than whatever this otherworlder duke was up to, she proceeded to pack some food and a knife to make adventuring less of a hassle.

She then proceeded towards the harbour, hoping that the teammate of hers has a sense of punctuality.

OC: Rose
Tags: @Reborn_Cat
OOC: Let's continue doing it like this ~

Reborn_Cat

After parting her way with her new teammate, Rose proceeded towards the Mansion they were currently living in. After handing over the quest reports to Fal'kianour, who seemed more interested in the fact that she was taking with quest with a teammate than whatever this otherworlder duke was up to, she proceeded to pack some food and a knife to make adventuring less of a hassle.

She then proceeded towards the harbour, hoping that the teammate of hers has a sense of punctuality.

OC: Rose
Tags: @Reborn_Cat
OOC: Let's continue doing it like this ~
After grabbing some quick lunch I get the stall to pack some food to go as I head to the harbor to wait for Rose. As I'm waiting I summon Harold to keep guard as I check the bag of holding I borrowed from the university for my equipment. I confirm the boxes to take samples as well as an old school camera, a machette and the survival gear are all there.

I wait for about half an hour for Rose. When I call out to her she seems to be a bit surprised at the fact that I'm early. That hurt a bit, did really look like an unreliable guy. Getting back on topic she wanted to discuss each others abilities as she explains that she is really proficient in ice magic. It rather suits her icy personality I comment in my mind as it would no doubt start a fight if I said it out loud. When it's my turn I decide to summon Harold and Dawn as I shown her Dawn's insane strength which gives her a bit of a surprise. Well TBH anyone would be shocked to see a 3ft plush toy moving around and bending a piece of metal with her bear paws(pun intended).

OOC: Behold Dawn, she's my starter given to me by the Professor.
IMG from google search
Plush-Teddy-Bear-in-Suit-Gift-for-Friends.jpg

Bochi

Tavern Tales [OPEN]

It was a rather slow day, so Kanon decided to hit up a local drinking establishment - that was to say, a tavern.

Of course, she could've been questing, but after a certain idiot mixed up a few labels and poured gunpowder into the tank instead of fuel...well, the Mayfly's lifespan looked to reflect it's namesake until it was properly cleaned out and repaired. The fumes and soot were pretty convincing reasons to go out for a walk.

By the way, said idiot was currently grounded back at the airship.

That said, it was barely past noon and quite a few places that she'd passed by hadn't opened for business yet. The ones that were didn't have many people around, either.

What a royal pain in the rear end...bah, might as well drop by that place.

'That place' referred to the local branch for the adventurer's guild, of course. It wasn't long before she stood in front of the building, hand on her hip. The door was pushed open with the other.

Aha.

At last, people. Nowhere near enough to be bustling, but better than the graveyards she'd been entreated to the previous few doors. Taking a seat near the liquor shelves, Kanon called for her first mug.

OC - Kanon
Location - Tavern [Sky Harbor]

luxia

Tavern Tales [OPEN]

It was a rather slow day, so Kanon decided to hit up a local drinking establishment - that was to say, a tavern.

Of course, she could've been questing, but after a certain idiot mixed up a few labels and poured gunpowder into the tank instead of fuel...well, the Mayfly's lifespan looked to reflect it's namesake until it was properly cleaned out and repaired. The fumes and soot were pretty convincing reasons to go out for a walk.

That said, it was barely past noon and quite a few places that she'd passed by hadn't opened for business yet. The ones that were didn't have many people around, either.

'That place' referred to the local branch for the adventurer's guild, of course. It wasn't long before she stood in front of the building, hand on her hip. The door was pushed open with the other.

Aha.

At last, people. Nowhere near enough to be bustling, but better than the graveyards she'd been entreated to the previous few doors. Taking a seat near the liquor shelves, Kanon called for her first mug.

OC - Kanon
Lucia... had a headache. :blob_no:

Chantilly, Felicia, and the others were talking about their love lives, and they had all agreed to go out to buy lunch with each other. As fellow young receptionists at the Adventurer's Guild, they had politely invited Lucia along with them, except the awkward 27-year-old paled and her face turned slightly green.

Dealing with people was too hard...

Talking to clients was her part of her job, and Lucia was forced to do it when she had a shift, but she didn't want to talk to anyone during her lunch break...

Lucia made up an excuse and said that she brought lunch from home already.

The rest of her coworkers ended up leaving without her (which was a relief), except there was one tiny problem.

Lucia had lied.

She hadn't packed lunch, so she glumly made her way to the tavern to fish out some coins to buy something to eat. The 27-year-old receptionist looked quite miserable climbing onto a barstool by herself, and she seemed to radiate this energy that she didn't want to talk to anyone. Her lunch order was similarly dull (a plain piece of bread), and once it arrived, she picked up a fork and knife and began slicing it up into neat bite-sized squares.

OC - Lucia

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Tavern Tales [OPEN]

Aha.

OC - Kanon
Lucia... had a headache. :blob_no:

Chantilly, Felicia, and the others were talking about their love lives, and they had all agreed to go out to buy lunch with each other. As fellow young receptionists at the Adventurer's Guild, they had politely invited Lucia along with them, except the awkward 27-year-old paled and her face turned slightly green.

Dealing with people was too hard...

Talking to clients was her part of her job, and Lucia was forced to do it when she had a shift, but she didn't want to talk to anyone during her lunch break...

Lucia made up an excuse and said that she brought lunch from home already.

The rest of her coworkers ended up leaving without her (which was a relief), except there was one tiny problem.

Lucia had lied.

She hadn't packed lunch, so she glumly made her way to the tavern to fish out some coins to buy something to eat. The 27-year-old receptionist looked quite miserable climbing onto a barstool by herself, and she seemed to radiate this energy that she didn't want to talk to anyone. Her lunch order was similarly dull (a plain piece of bread), and once it arrived, she picked up a fork and knife and began slicing it up into neat bite-sized squares.

OC - Lucia
*flies inside through a window*
*seems to be hugging one of the magical butterflies for some reason*
*... seems to be dragged by the butterfly actually*
*loses grip of the butterfly*
*falls inside Kanon's mug*
*butterfly goes poof*
*Ilya goes *blub blub**

OC - Ilya