Your view on incest in fiction.

Your view on incest in fiction?

• Total voters

Raystiel

I was writing a new story, when I just got curious about the general view of incest on this site, do you think it's bad in all circumstances? or is there an exceptions? please tell me what you think.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
All degeneracy is bad. Incest is only portrayed well in like, one story that I know of, the manga, Firepunch.

SailusGebel

I don't like it, but I don't hate it either. As long as the relationship in the story is mutual and everyone concerned is grown-ups, I can bear with it.

ForestDweller

I was writing a new story, when I just got curious about the general view of incest on this site, do you think it's bad in all circumstances? or is there an exceptions? please tell me what you think.

A lot of my readers want it. Some don't. I haven't decided yet.

Daitengu

I dunno anyone with siblings that like it. I happen to be one of em. Doesn't help that close genetic relationships cause people to find their family stinks more compared to others. Supposedly it's the natural way of preventing incest.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
I dunno anyone with siblings that like it. I happen to be one of em. Doesn't help that close genetic relationships cause people to find their family stinks more compared to others. Supposedly it's the natural way of preventing incest.
Not really. It's because they were raised together and society has certain views on incest. I dont think there are actually any natural ways of preventing incest. It even happens with animals

Let's be honest, a lot of people would engage in incest if there were no birth defect problems and society wasnt so strict about it. Maybe the latter thing wouldnt even matter, either. No downsides to incest means no reason for condemning it.

Just saying, cuz people do be horny bastards. Humans have always been degenerates as a whole. I mean hell, look at history.

TotallyHuman

Humans are degenerates, and I see no reason to hate on perverts that do perverted things mutually and with consent.
And we are talking about fiction. Like, go crazy, mate

SailusGebel

Not really. It's because they were raised together and society has certain views on incest. I dont think there are actually any natural ways of preventing incest. It even happens with animals

Let's be honest, a lot of people would engage in incest if there were no birth defect problems and society wasnt so strict about it. Maybe the latter thing wouldnt even matter, either. No downsides to incest means no reason for condemning it.

Just saying, cuz people do be horny bastards. Humans have always been degenerates as a whole. I mean hell, look at history.
Don't know about the whole stink thing(never noticed anything like this), but I can't see my sister as someone sexually attractive or a potential partner. However, if I had a beautiful, ara-ara aunt, perhaps it could work out.

LoliGent

The Lolicon Gentleman
I like it when the topic itself is taken seriously and it explores its ramifications, the emotional stress that it can cause, and the struggles of the party involved. To see how it impacts the couple psychologically, socially, how it impacts other family members, to really go in-depth into how such an attraction leads the protagonist throughout the story. Do they really love each other? Are they just infatuated with each other? Maybe they just want casual sex. Or perhaps they want to go all the way and get married and have children, but is it right to have children?

I do wish a lot more stories under this topic, or any taboo topic in general, would take it in a more serious way. Sadly, most of the incest stories here and everywhere else are under the smut tag, which leads the majority of people thinking that's all it is. I see potential in telling incest stories that can be enjoyable without necessitating sex as the main draw. But of course, you need to be a mature adult in order to see it that way, and that type of adult is becoming extinct.

Snusmumriken

Vagabond and traveller

There is a hypothesized Westermarck Effect. I would argue that social taboos were the result of observing less fit progeny resulting from said unions. But they definitely expanded later. Because in biological terms the union between second-cousins is statistically more beneficial than a union between total strangers or siblings - they are far enough removed from each other to offset genetic drift, but still similar enough not to introduce new harmful alleles.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
I've encountered two real life situations of incest that ended in the incest couples eloping. One was a friend of mine who had a different father than one of his half-sisters. It's kind of amazing at all that they were so magnetically attracted to one another. The half-sister had two other sisters, and I personally thought they were far more attractive. So did everyone else. But the half-sister my friend fell for, was the oldest of the three half-siblings and she was 6 years older than my friend. They met for the first time during a Thanksgiving meeting when the father was showing my friend to his 3 half-sisters from a previous marriage for the first time. I watched. I was there. It was like fucking lightning struck them both when they first met. They couldn't keep their eyes off of one another the entire meal. I can't have been the only one to notice it either.

They were dating in secret three weeks later and having sex about 10 months into them secretly dating. They just couldn't help themselves around one another. I had no real opinions myself either way because why the hell would I care whose screwing who? Anyway, I briefly dated one of the other sisters and we went on like...group date things a few times. Anyway, it eventually became known because the sister I was dating, got into some kind of argument with her sister and ratted her incestuous relationship out to their mother. It got nasty for a while. I dumped her ass because that was a shitty thing to do to your sibling knowing the trouble it caused. Anyway, after about 4 months separated by their parents, both eventually said screw everyone and eloped. This was 8-9 years ago and I still keep in touch occasionally. They are still going strong several states over. He got a vasectomy because of reasons and she got her tubes tied because of reasons. They still can't resist one another. I've been to their house a few times and it's amazing that they can still look at one another in the way that they do. I just can't make myself see something wrong with it. They are intoxicated with eachother still 10 years later.

Another instance that ended in elopement was a guy and his sister being separated at birth, they were fraternal twins so twins but didn't look alike. They didn't meet until they were both 17. I was 13 at the time. I was friends with the little brother of the fraternal twin sister so I spent time at thew house and saw events unfold. Well, don't know when exactly they met, but they started dating when both were 17, about a week after they first met. Same story. Practically love at first sight. I don't normally believe in such a thing because love takes time....but I question that when I remember moments like this. Anyway, same story as the first. Dated openly though since no one knew their kinship yet at first. They were together even in college, went to same college. They got engaged at 22 after dating for 5 years. Not sure how it came to be known, but eventually it was discovered they were fraternal twins. The kind that don't look alike. Welp, marriage cancelled. Ensuing drama. Families try to keep them apart. This time, it lasted for 2 years. Both were 24 when the fraternal twin sister tried to hang herself, she just couldn't handle being separated from him. He was drinking like a fish to cope. Finally, after the failed suicide attempt, she and he eloped. Its been 5-6 years since they eloped. I haven't heard a word from them but my friend, the little brother of the sister says they are still together and being of age to drive, he travels to see them every summer.

So, incest to me, is a very hard subject to approach considering these two experiences I witnessed. I usually just keep silent.

Daitengu

The stink thing was just what I read from a 2002 science study as well as have seen in a documentary around the same time. Though I lean towards believing it from personal experience. Some sweaty women smell nice, just never encountered the same from family. I'm talking natural, not added scents.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
The stink thing was just what I read from a 2002 science study as well as have seen in a documentary around the same time. Though I lean towards believing it from personal experience. Some sweaty women smell nice, just never encountered the same from family. I'm talking natural, not added scents.
Huh. Weird. Is it arousal related? You dont usually wanna fuck your family so you dont go horny for them. And I dunno. Maybe the horny is a factor. Cuz like, I dont like the smell of anyone's sweat until I'm ready to fuck.

But what do I know? Just spitballing

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I think it can actually be a really fun topic to explore for as long as it's taken seriously.

If it's added just because, it irks me, but if the characters start thinking that their relationship is wrong, that they shouldn't do it, yet they still wanna do it and get into a lot of drama and go deep into their thoughts, with them trying to cope with their taste and whatnot? Then sure! Go for it! It will be great!

One of my favorite stories is "1 x 1/2", which is a Mother-Daughter incest story, and it's just incredible~

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
I think it can actually be a really fun topic to explore for as long as it's taken seriously.

If it's added just because, it irks me, but if the characters start thinking that their relationship is wrong, that they shouldn't do it, yet they still wanna do it and get into a lot of drama and go deep into their thoughts, with them trying to cope with their taste and whatnot? Then sure! Go for it! It will be great!

One of my favorite stories is "1 x 1/2", which is a Mother-Daughter incest story, and it's just incredible~
Mother-Daughter???

Now that's pretty rare. Only my second time hearing of something like it in fiction.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Mother-Daughter???

Now that's pretty rare. Only my second time hearing of something like it in fiction.
Aye, it's pretty rare alright~

Usually it's just brother-sister or something like that, which can work out, but isn't as full of drama as mother-daughter~

And well, the author did a great job with it~

Daitengu

Huh. Weird. Is it arousal related? You dont usually wanna fuck your family so you dont go horny for them. And I dunno. Maybe the horny is a factor. Cuz like, I dont like the smell of anyone's sweat until I'm ready to fuck.

But what do I know? Just spitballing

The smell of people is complicated. From diabetic people having a sweeter smell, to dogs being able to smell cancer.

Supposedly ovulating women have a lusty scent, and oddly strippers get tipped more during that time period. And the more healthy a person, the better they smell even with bo funk compared to people who are sick or out of shape.

Various studies over the years are trying to use smell as a medical tool to cover things not seen by eye. Genetically related people smelling worse to each other is just one of many studies floating around. Even if you remove the birth defect problem, it's known that a more genetically diverse population has a better chance of surviving infectious illnesses. I can see how useful being able to dislike relative's smell is beneficial, but I'm curious about the why and how. Could use more study cases imo.

What can I say? Weird science is interesting to me.