Adventurer's Guild [AGSA] Adventurer's Guild Sky Archipelago - OOC Room

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper
Nooooo! Nobody's allowed to die without suffering properly :blob_hmph:

Dying too easily is like running away from author-sama! Bad!
You see, Ohko. Suffering is reserved to characters readers really like so they can seethe when the author gives them the most gruesome of deaths.

Me, on the other hand, don't need such fanfare. I'm the side character that gets killed offscreen for whatever reason~
And after short mourning, we all forget about Utopia!
See, Fy gets it!

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
You see, Ohko. Suffering is reserved to characters readers really like so they can seethe when the author gives them the most gruesome of deaths.

Me, on the other hand, don't need such fanfare. I'm the side character that gets killed offscreen for whatever reason~

See, Fy gets it!

:blob_upset: Vivi is super likable!!

Actually if you bully someone enough, the audience automatically starts to feel sorry for them. It's the gawrgaru effect, so as long as we consistently cut your sandwiches into circles the audience will develop passionate feelings for you.

fyrre

Also, something I wanna talk about is a roleplay with the plot of Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? I think it would be fun. A bunch of people get killed in an accident and reincarnate into a random world. These reincarnators would have to figure out how to survive in this new world and come to terms with their new life.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Also, something I wanna talk about is a roleplay with the plot of Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? I think it would be fun. A bunch of people get killed in an accident and reincarnate into a random world. These reincarnators would have to figure out how to survive in this new world and come to terms with their new life.
:blob_aww: fyrre is a spider?

fyrre

Actually if you bully someone enough, the audience automatically starts to feel sorry for them. It's the gawrgaru effect, so as long as we consistently cut your sandwiches into circles the audience will develop passionate feelings for you.
Right, just crap on a certain character long enough and sympathy will start flooding in!

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Well, it all depends on how much the audience is inclined to like the character to begin with, IMO. A character that doesn't stand out in some way can get some pity points, but ultimately the readers won't care as much if they die or disappear from the story. Garu gets a pass since he's a gentle giant.

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Oh, that would be an interesting idea~

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Well, it all depends on how much the audience is inclined to like the character to begin with, IMO. A character that doesn't stand out in some way can get some pity points, but ultimately the readers won't care as much if they die or disappear from the story. Garu gets a pass since he's a gentle giant.
You definitely stand out in various ways though! Your hobbies and tastes are interesting!

I think if I wrote you into a story, you'd definitely be sympathetic character!

For instance, if we had you bullied for liking shoujo manga and secretly reading it on the school rooftop while gazing into the cherry blossoms, it's automatic likability points!

fyrre

You definitely stand out in various ways though! Your hobbies and tastes are interesting!

For instance, if we had you bullied for liking shoujo manga and secretly reading it on the school rooftop while gazing into the cherry blossoms, it's automatic likability points!
Being bullied for having different tastes! Such a classic.

The_Everdistant_Utopia

You overestimate my power!

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
Nooooo! Nobody's allowed to die without suffering properly :blob_hmph:

Dying too easily is like running away from author-sama! Bad!
Yes, the death needs to get the tragedy rolling, it needs to be heart wrenching. Stuff that makes you cry and go "fuck you author" is needed.

My favourite part of some of the tragedy novels