Adventurer's Guild [AGSA] Adventurer's Guild Sky Archipelago - OOC Room

Way

All this intrigue...

And here I was, thinking my small gift would cause just a slight feeling of "Oh, those damn Stronghold fellas". I didn't expect Garu to go ballistic and the mood to get so heavy Audriana had to singlehandedly close the meeting...

But you know what? In for a foot, in for a mile. If Livio is there, shenanigans can still happen.
You knew what you were doing, young man. It just wasn't conscious at the time.

The blue blood compels all to play the Game...

If Livio fucking around makes the usually outwardly cheery and bombastics Getandmark House paranoid when the Zarascu aren't actually doing anything other than trolling them my ribs shall entire a stable orbit around Neptune

fyrre

Haven't seen Gwendolyn being used by you in a while, am eager to see how her characterisation goes since compared to Ames and Gawrgaru she simply hasn't shown her face much xD

Care to divulge the general direction you are thinking of going with her?
I'm not really good at explaining but someone who cares about her family greatly and the people close to her but doesn't care a lot about other things. That's what I have so far for her! :blob_melt:

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper
You knew what you were doing, young man. It just wasn't conscious at the time.

The blue blood compels all to play the Game...

If Livio fucking around makes the usually outwardly cheery and bombastics Getandmark House paranoid when the Zarascu aren't actually doing anything other than trolling them my ribs shall entire a stable orbit around Neptune
You may just be right :sweating_profusely:

He may just put his whole spin in Sinica's small gift since he is still in control of the Amaryllis.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Is it canon that's there is a fourth Getandmark member? A sister?
I dunno! I think @Reborn_Cat was considering it at some point! :blob_happy:

All this intrigue...

And here I was, thinking my small gift would cause just a slight feeling of "Oh, those damn Stronghold fellas". I didn't expect Garu to go ballistic and the mood to get so heavy Audriana had to singlehandedly close the meeting...

But you know what? In for a foot, in for a mile. If Livio is there, shenanigans can still happen.
It's weird as heck to get a bottle of wine delivered to you by a rival faction at such a sensitive moment.

The fact that the letter basically says nothing makes it even more suspicious!

Imagine all that effort to deliver a blank letter.........

The_Everdistant_Utopia

It's weird as heck to get a bottle of wine delivered to you by a rival faction at such a sensitive moment.

C'mon, it's a friendly gesture~ Didn't it say "A small token of friendship"~?!

I actually thought of making a longer letter, but then I thought a short one might be a better ice breaker. I guess the letter broke more than ice.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
C'mon, it's a friendly gesture~ Didn't it say "A small token of friendship"~?!

I actually thought of making a longer letter, but then I thought a short one might be a better ice breaker. I guess the letter broke more than ice.
Shouldn't it be an apology letter? :blob_happy:

"The Stronghold Faction is sorry we didn't send any nobility to this massive HRE joint mission. Have this bottle of wine instead. Have fun and don't die, and we're not suspicious because the messenger is a scam artist and a child (both of which entirely useless in battle). Also, even though we sent a battleship, it's leaving so we're not helping at all even though we spent so much effort to send a battleship here ROFL"

Way

Something that came to me while talking to TEU in disc. An out-of-shower thought, if you will.

Honestly, at first, the Getandmarks were still kinda messing around and it was obvious that @ohko was actually going for that angle, but the latest post that revealed a political underbelly that was hidden under all of that belly fluff all along looked like a last-minute rationalisation of the tonal shift- one that pulled the rug under my feet and totally floored me with how well executed it was.

It was really good at setting the tone for the next phase of the quest, with the reveal and mounting apprehension, so props to @ohko for making the most of that initial bit of tonal dissonance xD
Not me, @GodlyKamui had some plans for a getandmark younger sister for his story, aka a harem member
So, is non-canon. I shall not see the Getandmarks being bullied like that! 👿

The hilarious part is that while sending gifts that are literally just throw-away attempts at trolling is an entirely viable political tactic, the driving power responsible for the plot mission is so out-of-context (a probably eldritch being) that no one would see it coming, and everyone would suspect the Zarascus were up to no good xD
He may just put his whole spin in Sinica's small gift since he is still in control of the Amaryllis.
A fun round of "What are the Strongholds up to with the Amaryllis?"

fyrre

The hilarious part is that while sending gifts that are literally just throw-away attempts at trolling is an entirely viable political tactic, the driving power responsible for the plot mission is so out-of-context (a probably eldritch being) that no one would see it coming, and everyone would suspect the Zarascus were up to no good xD
It's honestly just abrupt chaos all around. A bottle of wine and a letter causing such a situation. I wonder how the Zarascus are going to get out of this one.

The_Everdistant_Utopia

"The Stronghold Faction is sorry we didn't send any nobility to this massive HRE joint mission. Have this bottle of wine instead. Have fun and don't die, and we're not suspicious because the messenger is a scam artist and a child (both of which entirely useless in battle). Also, even though we sent a battleship, it's leaving so we're not helping at all even though we spent so much effort to send a battleship here ROFL"
That... if written in proper speak would be quite the damage control we had needed.
Nooooo, add more mayhem! More chaos!! :blob_paint: :blob_paint: :blob_paint:
Alright... more mayhem and intrigue coming up.
Funnily enough, it's just that the principality has a strong gifting culture. From the excerpt I included on my last report.
On Gifts and Offerings

The act of exchanging gifts and the act of making an offering are vital concepts to be understood, as they make an essential part in basic courtly etiquette. Gifts are to be exchanged often and in abundance, both to express one’s generosity and to express one’s appreciation. It should be always a two sided affair, as all presents should be reciprocated in kind in risk of offense.

As gifts are a way to convey sincerity and strengthen bonds, monetary gifts are generally frowned upon as they are seen as a show of dismissal of deeper thought and consideration in what is being given and are often used as a means to politely insult others, specially when given in reciprocation.

The making of an offering is most often an one sided affair, as it is usually made in response to an offense, real or perceived, in order to lighten the mood between both parties. It should also be made in expectations of a first meeting as a show of sincerity.

It must be noted that any gift or offering should never bear any likeness or association with the giver, as the purpose of them is to appease the receiver. The exception being that of gifts or offerings in the form of products originating from one’s land or estate, which can be gifted freely, and are even encouraged, however only when meeting in person or when sending a representative of comparative standing. To send such gifts indirectly or to delegate the task to someone of lesser standing is to offend the receiving party.
A fun round of "What are the Strongholds up to with the Amaryllis?"
"Hey... why is there a Stronghold battleship in our harbor right after we received that letter? And why is it flying Minodora's crest openly?"

fyrre

Ah, I just noticed that Audriana introduced herself...

Oh no, the name drops! :blob_no:
scrnli_7_25_2021_4-21-35 PM.png

Audriana is secretly aserting her dominance over those peasants.

Way

To be fair that is the sort of thing that looks too obviously suspicious, for them to be up to something, but you can never tell without all of the details.
It's honestly just abrupt chaos all around. A bottle of wine and a letter causing such a situation. I wonder how the Zarascus are going to get out of this one.
I mean, the Zarascus are probably not going to be suspected of having a hand in leading a whole coalition to their deaths against some eldritch living island thing since that is a bit too outlandish, and they really wouldn't have needed to show their hand if they really had underground dealing with cultists that were summoning an outer god or some shit.

Still, I expect them to have a very interesting week seeing what happened to the expedition they trolled...
Also, fair warning going forward: I am a fan of Gen Urobuchi.
Hooo, boy.

That being said, how did Kaede approach Eochaidh to help out with the plan initially? Also, I'm considering having him suspect something to add some drama, so some pointers on how to make him somewhat wary that something is amiss would be great xD

Also, considering that Sir Ames is suspicious, I wonder what will happen to Kaede when we reach the reveal of the real antagonist because there are going to be a lot of questions on what and why she was hiding from the expedition, which I might add, will probably have cost lives and the ire of many, many parties...