I’m utterly disappointed with Waifu Labs

• Thread starter Deleted member 93348
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 93348

I got what I wanted for the other characters for my upcoming novel, and some even exceeded my expectations.

Haruto (not the MC, I’m serious):

1665243661070.jpg

Tokino (his wife):

1665258817668.jpg

Yukino (their daughter):

1665246453510.jpg

But then there’s the actual MC, who may look cool to some of you, but I’m disappointed. Exceedingly, in fact.

Hokori (more teenager than adult, smh):

1665243115528.jpg

It seems Waifu Labs can’t seem to draw a male MC that isn't a bishōnen or a generic otome husbando. All I wanted was a Grimmjow/Kenpachi-like dude that actually looks 25, and with a lean but very toned build. I wanted an MC that instantly shows the reader that he is a prideful, bloodthirsty shit-talker—just by his fanged, toothy grin alone.

Tell me, fam, is it really too much to ask? Do I really have to pay for a $1k commission from some rando Etsy artist for my desired MC?

Last edited by a moderator:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
It seems Waifu Labs can’t seem to draw a male MC that isn't a bishōnen or a generic otome husbando.
Waifulabs is a very useful too, but it is still fundamentally only a tool. It only works because it focuses on a specific niche and tries giving you things on that niche.

The more generic it tried being, the less it would be good at that niche. That's just how AI art works. There's a reason Waifulabs is the premier service for anyone wanting AI-generated anime art, because almost all other AI art services suck really badly when making anime art.

So yeah, if you want something outside of Waifulabs' niche, chances are, Waifulabs won't provide you.
Do I really have to pay for a $1k commission from some rando Etsy artist for my desired MC?
No, just face alone like you want could probably be done for 50$ or so, I think? Try looking at the Requests subforum of Scribblehub, you can see the prices that artists here want for a single bust up portrait, and you can look at their portfolio to see if you like their style.

Otherwise, just accept the limitations of AI art. At the end of the day, you get what you paid for. You paid nothing, so you can't expect something with a great quality and that perfectly fits the ideal you had in mind.

Last edited:

Tsuru

Robot
I got what I wanted for the other characters for my upcoming novel, and some even exceeded my expectations.

Haruto (not the MC, I’m serious):View attachment 15601
Tokino (his wife):View attachment 15602
Yukino (their daughter):View attachment 15603

But then there’s the actual MC, who may look cool to some of you, but I’m disappointed. Exceedingly, in fact.

Hokori (more teenager than adult, smh):View attachment 15604

It seems Waifu Labs can’t seem to draw a male MC that isn't a bishōnen or a generic otome husbando. All I wanted was a Grimmjow/Kenpachi-like dude that actually looks 25, and with a lean but very toned build. I wanted an MC that instantly shows the reader that he is a prideful, bloodthirsty shit-talker—just by his fanged, toothy grin alone.

Tell me, fam, is it really too much to ask? Do I really have to pay for a $1k commission from some rando Etsy artist for my desired MC?
Because it's jp oriented
AND i guess "grim" / "evil looking" is not popular so they dont focus on it

*Realization of a detail*

...................Wait a min....................
"Waifu labs"
..............................Isn't it basically for waifus ????
Then that makes sense it fail easily for males.
-----------------
Also. Go to pixiv. For 50$ (in yen) you can get a good artist to do one.

Ton of artists needing money there.
Heck you could even buy someone to write a fanfic chapter for you for a price. Sadly i can't pay online T_T

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme

You got exactly what you asked for, Its not waifulabs fault the outcome is ugly.

Fritzer

Waifulabs is a very useful too, but it still fundamentally only a tool. It only works because it focuses on a specific niche and tries giving you things on that niche.

The more generic it tried being, the less it would be good at that niche. That's just how AI art works. There's a reason Waifulabs is the premier service for anyone wanting AI-generated anime art, because almost all other AI art services suck really badly when making AI art.

So yeah, if you want something outside of Waifulabs' niche, chances are, Waifulabs won't provide you.

No, just face alone like you want could probably be done for 50$ or so, I think? Try looking at the Requests subforum of Scribblehub, you can see the prices that artists here want for a single bust up portrait, and you can look at their portfolio to see if you like their style.

Otherwise, just accept the limitations of AI art. At the end of the day, you get what you paid for. You paid nothing, so you can't expect something with a great quality and that perfectly fits the ideal you had in mind.
Angry purple hair, blind folded. Woman . Long hair. Fangs. s-1496359179.png

Waifulabs is ancient shit. AI is way better now. Pic related is AI. OP just didn't do his research right.

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!
Okay, wait a minute. That kid-looking guy named Haruto is a father? He barely even looks old enough to fuck! :er_what_s::s_eek:

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
[Meanest Mob] Waifu Labs did me good.
Screenshot (23).png

Lire

I Wanna Be, The Very Best. Like No One Ever Was!
I've gotten pretty good ones. You just gotta keep spinning the wheel dude.

But yeah, I guess gritty is gonna be hard to get... which is why for characters that are supposed to look older, I used stable diffusion or midjourney.

Attachments

• Helen1.jpg
    Helen1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Master Reivan.jpg
    Master Reivan.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Roland.jpg
    Roland.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Roland Alter.jpg
    Roland Alter.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Helen2.jpg
    Helen2.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Helen3.jpg
    Helen3.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Gwendolyn.jpg
    Gwendolyn.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Vianna.jpg
    Vianna.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Hgahabv (26).jpg
    Hgahabv (26).jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 84
  • download (26).jpg
    download (26).jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 30

doravg

109/4001 (bigot towards homophobs)

You can try midjourney. It is hit-and-miss, but it can make some good things too.

Zinless

How do I
You can also try Waifu Diffusion, here's some that I got from it:

2599703027.png
1050596925.png
1919503295.png
1616485039.png
2919868945.png
1858064450.png
428097609.png
3284194.png
3694897951.png