Tips? Tricks? Secret rituals that you use to motivate you when you are writing?

HellerFeed

I usually listen to fire music or even epic fight from movies/anime before getting down to write.
This is just now a kinda ritual, a daily habit when writing.

Also sometimes I tend to look at other novels that are fairing poorly (In view count/likes) than me, but seeing the author of that novel is still updating loyally nonetheless makes me work harder as well. This sometimes helps me boost my morale and keeps me going to drop more updates. (Yes, it tends to fan my Superiority complex but it motivates me nonetheless)

What are some other tips and tricks that you guys use to boost your morale to continue writing?
Do you have any secret rituals that you would like to share with fellow authors??

P00H

Listen to some music before, and then put in earplugs during writing. Music distracts and creates artificial emotions which might not be correct for the scene.

Pujimaki

Padoru trash writer
The Internet is a great distraction so I suggest that you pull the plug out or keep away from the internet as much as possible.

SailusGebel

Preventive bathroom visit? How does that help??
You sit down and start writing; it's hard as your muse isn't here. You force through it and try not to get distracted. When your muse finally appears, you have a spark of inspiration, but your stomach rumbles, or your bladder feels too full, and you are forced to pay your bathroom a visit. When you return back to writing, your muse has flown away, and you have to force through it again.

So here's the tip. At least empty your bladder before you start writing.

Zinless

How do I
You sit down and start writing; it's hard as your muse isn't here. You force through it and try not to get distracted. When your muse finally appears, you have a spark of inspiration, but your stomach rumbles, or your bladder feels too full, and you are forced to pay your bathroom a visit. When you return back to writing, your muse has flown away, and you have to force through it again.

So here's the tip. At least empty your bladder before you start writing.
Can I just write on the toilet?

LinMeili

:coffee: Coffee. It's a real brain booster, scientifically proven, too. Just don't overdose and take too many caffeine pills. Stick to a cup or two of coffee per day.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I go into the woods and act out the scenes I plan on writing next. See if dialogue sounds normal and works well. If you need to see if an attack or fight scene would work, act it out to see how possible it is.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I go into the woods and act out the scenes I plan on writing next. See if dialogue sounds normal and works well. If you need to see if an attack or fight scene would work, act it out to see how possible it is.
one day you're gonna get mistaken as a schizophrenic wendigo and get blasted with a Winchester

SailusGebel

You remembered.

HasegawaKein

Usually this is what I do. As soon as I get up, 5 a.m, I go for a walk listening to some music I like, mostly ost or instrumental music of some kind. Then I pick up the story in my head and start to imagine it with images and then put it into words. That's all. And 6 cigarrettes...

ACertainPassingUser

Follow the dream recipe before writing :

I manage to follow until I forgot to use whisker and using nail clippers instead, ended up going downhill with the sky turning yellow at 4PM until Jack ring the doorbell and ask for more snacks. A massive headache just due to one step of wrong cooking tool.